How much weight should I be pulling before I look like a faggot using these?

how much weight should I be pulling before I look like a faggot using these?

>tfw dropped a sub 3 plate deadlift a few days ago because my grip gave out

not sure if my grip is shitting the bed (i've done heavier weight before w/o a problem) or the bars are just shitty at my gym (probably both)

Three plates sounds about right.

>Not having the grip strength to pull 3pl8 without straps
Not sure if you'll make it bro. Give those forearms some work.

Three plates is a fine place to start for using straps on a deadlift but I think you should focus on grip strength first. I'd say 4 plates is kind of almost guaranteed where torsional force is more likely to rip the bar from your hands if you don't hook grip or mix grip. So to prevent supination of one shoulder use the straps then.

tldr; use straps at 3-3.5 plates.

I think its a bare minimum point.

I personally haven't used grips yet but I am starting to consider it for anything after 3.

But yeah, my grip strength is pretty lacking at the moment and I have been meaning to work on it anyway.

3pl8 is the consensus I see and where I had to start. I also use straps for high rep sets of diddies and just go ham.

Use them whenever you do not have the grip strength to finish the lift. Then start training your grip.

I diddly lmao5l8 raw, step up your grip strength mane. Wrist roller.

I've never done any form of grip isolation training and I pull 5pl8 with the babbiest hands ever. Fingers are too short to hook grip, have like 5.5 inch wrists. When my grip started to limit my DLs, I'd focus more on volume to improve it, then shift back to weight once it caught up.

Same here but I can only do 4 pl8 diddles at the moment. I can double overhand 4 pl8 but I'm just bad at activating my glutes and hammies I think. I squat 30lbs more than I DL.

Use hook grip, not pussy straps

sometimes my grip fails because of sweat. try drying your hands with a towel first.

as long as your new 1RMs aren't being failed due to grip, it doesn't fucking matter.
I pull 455 (165 bw) and even when I get to 3 plates if I don't feel like pulling my calluses I'll just use straps. there's literally no shame, only idiots with machismo and no second thought behind it.

Double bodyweight.

This

Depends on your level of training and goals.

Are you looking to compete as a powerlifter? Strongman? Are you a recreational lifter? Lift for aesthetics? Are you an Athlete? How frecuently do you deadlift? Whats your deadlift 1rm? Do you romanian deadlift? How big are your hands?

You have to take all that into consideration.

Never imo

Get chalk and add grip strength work.

Grip strength is the most functional strength.

Use chalk, and mixed grip if need be.

My hands get sweaty and since the bars at my gym are kind of old and don't have very good knurling my hands start slipping. I'm considering just saying fuck this and using straps. As much as it pains me I just can't take deadlifting less than what I could because of fucking sweat and shitty bars anymore.

Have you tried chalk? That shit is magic

>be me
>deadlift 4pl8
>want more trap gains for less effort
>switch to rackpulls and buy a pair of these
>traps fucking explode after pulling 5pl8 for 10 reps

1.8x body weight

some gyms don't allow chalk

Then just grip the bar?

I have a double overhand grip 455x5 no chalk no meme gear either. Only someone who is just begging for a shortcut will look for any alternative to make lifting easier.

You don't use that shit before 4 pl8s minimum. Just get some chalk and use hook grip maybe, Strapsake you look like a faggot if you're sub 200 kg dl

Enough to snap your shit up

leather, cotton, canvas, or nylon straps?

Use a double overhand grip for as long as you can and then use hook grip. I would say that straps are acceptable only when doing heavy (more than your from the floor max) rack pulls

Just use straps, there's no glory in not using straps. When doing other exercises or deadlift warmups try to use double overhand for as long as you can but use straps for your deadlift working sets.

It makes no sense to limit your deadlift development just to grip it because some dyel anons tell you to.

A lot of people use the real world functional argument but guess what? Most heavy things will not be knurled, easy to grasp and symmetrical and you will not have chalk on your hands in that scenario.

Tldr; Use straps now. Don't limit your deadlift.

Kys faggots

Wow this

/thread

is this shooped? I don't remember her being this ugly

oh wait it's a figurine, brb killing myself