Anyone have dry eyes? Or used to have it?

Anyone have dry eyes? Or used to have it?
How do you fix it?

>tfw people ask if I'm high or tired
>tfw I have a hard time keeping my eyes open in windy weather
>tfw I feel self conscious when making eye contact
>tfw the burning and itchiness becomes unbearable at times
>tfw i can't get contacts and have to use glasses

Just piss in them

I have the same stuff, eye drops help.

eye doc here. just finnished teh med school.
dry eye has different forms and there are many ways to treat it.
- first and easiest, artifical tears you can get at any cvs or rite aid for 4 bucks, use 4-10x/day or use gel at night
-fish oil
-wash eyelids with baby shampoo and use warm wash cloth to warm upoil gands on eyes
-over teh counter allergy eyedrops (i believe zatador) may help depending on status of ur eye.
- get a perscription from a doc for stronger drops
-find a doc that has the equipment to either use punctal plugs, lipiflow, or miebo for theyaputic approach

Thanks, doc.
-I use eye drops during the day as needed and gel at night. The relief is nice, but I'm not sure if my condition is getting better, are my eyes being healed?
-I have been taking fish oil and flaxseed oil for a month but it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm gonna keep taking fish oil for health though.
- I'll try the other stuff.

I actually need to see an eye doc, huh. I don't think I can fix this on my own. It's been going on for years, but I haven't done anything about it.

It's just frustrating. Thanks again doc.

It sucks and eye drops are a pain in the ass to use and buy

stop spending so much time looking at screens

As an ophthalmic nurse, I approve this message. The clinic I work at does osmolarity and inflammation testing, as well as lipiview imaging, which helps to understand the individual cause of your dry eyes. Consider having a lipiflow procedure done or IPL.

For now, preservative free artificial years will be your best friend. Warm compresses and lid scrubs with baby shampoo, twice a day, will help too :)

>tfw went to optometrist for dry eyes and she just told me to take over the counter drops and didn't prescribe anything

>teh
>teh
Into the fucking trash.
What basement were you kept in that you've never heard of eye drops? Ferris Bueller or Visine, pick one.

Optometrist isn't the best option here. If you want a prescription for glasses/contacts they are great, but if you have a medical condition like dry eyes you need to see an ophthalmologist that specializes in the cornea!

this. i don't fuck with optometrists at all. I even have my opthalmologist do my prescription stuff for me.

Noooo not visine or clear eyes! They are vasoconstrictors which will do nothing to help with dryness. Preservative free Systane or Refresh is the way to go.

Honestly I hate to say it but as a nurse I feel like I know more about the eyes than an optometrist lol

london?

You spelt
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
wrong
Dont meddle in me memes ma'am

try xiidra, ask an eye doctor for a sample pack and you can get a month free.

otherwise get lubricant drop vials. it sounds like you have sensitive eyes and should avoid preservatives.

Hey eye doctor, is an increase in floaters a sign of possible neovascularisation from wearing contacts too much? I feel like I can see blood clirculating a bit when I look at a bright sky too or am I just being neurotic

don't stay up late in front of the computer

Not sure if this is related, but my right eye secretes tears way more than it should, especially when it's cold and/or windy. No irritation otherwise. Is there a way to fix it? I've tried eye drops, they don't help at all.

Coconut oil on the lower lid.

Hyaluronic acid drops also work good.

how often do you drink or do drugs?