/fat/ - Fatty General

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights
>Autistically change your diet to some ultra vegetable no sweets autism because extremism is always good am i right ;^)
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, don't bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you ll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you ll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isn't the problem.

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rf9MIJTDSDo
freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
quora.com/Why-is-it-bad-to-eat-below-BMR-but-it-is-ok-to-eat-at-BMR-and-burn-calories-from-exercise
reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/23ryn2/confusion_regarding_eating_below_bmr/
reddit.com/r/xxfitness/comments/3qo201/what_is_wrong_with_eating_below_your_bmr_to_lose/
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1424507/warning-to-never-eat-below-your-bmr
bupa.com.au/health-and-wellness/health-information/az-health-information/exercise-and-metabolism
betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/metabolism
reddit.com/r/omad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do i calculate fried chicken if it is home made?

It is chicken breast pieces, dipped in flour+pepper, dipped in egg, dipped in bread crumbs, then repeat 1 more time.

Then fry on vegetable oil in a pan.

How do i calculate each piece? The main issue is oil, no idea how i can calculate that.

It can't be any worse
Than KFC so use their numbers.

3.5 oz of chicken breast is 180 calories.

Literally just bump that up to 3 or 400 is what I'de do. Better to overestimate than underestimate.

In March of this year I found out I was pre-diabetes with an A1C of 5.8. I'm 6'0'' & I used to weigh 230 pounds.
Now I'm at 206 and did it with cardio every day and eating healthier.

I stopped lifting after the diagnosis because I felt distraught and was focusing on cardio.
I'm gonna start lifting again since I felt good doing it and was less depressed over all. Not to mention it helps with weight loss and metabolism.

I'm ashamed that I put myself at risk at such a young age at 28. I'm still scared that I might get the full diabetes even if I eat healthy and stay active, but I'm going to be positive and keep up what I'm doing. This lifestyle change is worth fighting for.

We're all gonna make it!

I'm watching my calories but I'm worried I'm getting too little protein I'm doing fine enough at around or less than 1500 calories a day with multivitamin and exercise but I don't want to end up fucking myself over with too little protein. Should I buy into the protein shake meme or is there another alternative for Anons who are avoiding eating too much? Also is key lime yogurt a good idea?

>losing 24 pounds in 2 months
That feels off. Then again my weight might also drop quickly if my body doesn't spaz and put energy into fat instead of the muscles I've been working.

You could get a piece, weigh it before it's dipped in the breading, weigh it after it's breaded and weigh it once again after it's done and dry. You know the macros of the breading and you know the macros of the oil. Just to be sure you can round up the numbers a bit. Some of the nutritional value is lost in cooking anyway. Or just assume that it's about 7 or 8 calories per gram and go by that.

Or you can not fucking eat fried chicken while on a diet what's wrong with you there are better ways to hit your calories/macro goals, especially if you don't know how to count that shit.

Remember, going under isn't a problem, going over is.

>you can not fucking eat fried chickem

Just eat chicken everyday. Low calories high protein

>be fat
>lose weight
>profit

Post em.

What about preparation? Is stir-fry alright? Baked chicken? Living with family so they have the portions I won't eat.

Meal prep pham. This is baked chicken (pack of 6 of those GMO chicken tiddies from Walmart) in the oven and steamed veggies with a jar of hot salsa poured over it. About 400 calories per meal.

Right now I'm at 206.
When I was diagnosed on March 17, I was 229.
I immediately started doing some form of cardio (jogging, elliptical, or incline treadmill).
And at work, I walk during all my breaks and during my lunch.
Also, I've recently started getting up every 20-30 minutes at my job to walk up stairs and occasionally doing squats in the restroom when no one is looking.

I've also been eating significantly healthier (oatmeal for breakfast, turkey slice sandwiches on ezekiel whole grain bread, and whatever my mom makes for dinner).
My mom's a health nut, so she's been very helpful. I also drink this vegetable juice that she makes from some nutritonist she follows in this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=rf9MIJTDSDo

I also forgot to mention that I've been eating pears or apples to snack between lunch and dinner.

>I'm going to artificially make it difficult for myself
>I have a choice between a nice flat road and an obstacle course and I'm choosing the second one
At least make sure to overestimate the calories. I want you to make it, brah, but do you?

Wait, so I really shouldn't go under my BMR?
But according to tdeecalculator.net, I need to cut below my BMR on days I don't do sports anyways.

I'd tread carefully with that, remembering it's a calculator, you should try to eat just above BMR range; in essence, you need your BMR range per day at the very least (from what i understand), so you'll want to eat that amount at bare minimum. The think i'm looking at with your shit is that it looks like you're wanting to get less BF%, which is all about diet with specific Carb/Protein/Fat spread while also doing exercises for it.

In your case, read up on BMR, find out what exactly you need at bare minimum and find out how to lose body fat properly if you're unsure, my personal opinion is that you'll wanna eat your BMR and then some. Also, double check you've entered your details correct into that calculator, just in case.

Perhaps someone who's a dietitian could be of better assistance, but i'm pretty sure i'm right.

Tell you what, i'll do some look around, post some shit and try to help you out and to clarify my own understanding. Check back soon.

>lose 11kg after like 2.5 months
>Still fat
What is this bullshit, i was supposed to be just THICC after so much time

You need to count and balance calories, nutrition uptake, and exercise.

Impressive and helps me to better understand the portions I should get. Family gets Costco stuff, I'll see what I can do with that.
You're a bit fortunate. I've been obese since I was a kid in part to poor decisions in choosing meals. I was at 260 when I decided to start to lose weight.

Don't eat fried chicken or fried anything you fat retard.

>22lbs in 2.5 months

Those numbers are telling me that you're pretty fat to start with.

Post stats.

>Dumb cuck doesnt eat tasty foods
Found the vegetable cuck

Thanks for the help, user. The stats I used are definitely right, just checked them again.

Really gotten my life together this last year. Lost 150lbs, got my laser eye surgery, got my money in order, credit score went from mid 500s to mid 700s.

We all are gonna make it

I eat chicken nearly everyday you fucking slob, I just don't shovel shit down my throat and call it a diet you gay whale.

>posts some ugly musclefreak
Found the vegetable cuck

I just started a

So what is your goal then? To have more chins than a Chinese phone book?

To be THICC ;^)

More like thick shit.

I lost a lot a weight cutting hard.

I hope the dizzyness goes away and I don't pass out at work

I could never eat that everyday for lunch.
But for the picky like me, they can just get to cooking to make better sauces and alternative vegetables to match.

The pic is me trying to figure the bare minimum a human body needs. It's really debated shit.

The general census that i'm getting from these sources [Linked at end] are that you CAN eat below your BMR, but you risk not eating enough nutrients to sustain a healthy and active lifestyle. There are some, such as the blog "free dieting" that say men shouldn't eat under 1800, but no source for that would tell me that might be more superstitious. Overall though, a lot of times 1200 is thrown around as the bare minimum for eating enough and taking in enough nutrients through a very controlled diet.

Which means that you have to be very picky with what you're eating mate, I've been malnourished in vain attempts to lose weight quickly, and that shit is scary. So make sure you're hitting your Macros and your other micro-nutrients well, taking proper multi-vitamins and shit otherwise you're on a trip up shits creek mate.

Links:

freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm (The Blog)

quora.com/Why-is-it-bad-to-eat-below-BMR-but-it-is-ok-to-eat-at-BMR-and-burn-calories-from-exercise (Suggests "never lower than 1200, ideally equal to or higher than 1500")

reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/23ryn2/confusion_regarding_eating_below_bmr/ (1200 mentioned as being the minimum, and worry over malnutrition)

reddit.com/r/xxfitness/comments/3qo201/what_is_wrong_with_eating_below_your_bmr_to_lose/ (Again, 1200 cal)

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1424507/warning-to-never-eat-below-your-bmr (1200 being "advisable" by a guy who seemingly knows his shit)

bupa.com.au/health-and-wellness/health-information/az-health-information/exercise-and-metabolism
(Explains metabolism and BMR's function)

betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/metabolism (More BMR shit)

But yeah, my suggestion stays the same, eat over your BMR, if you exercise, make sure you're hitting your BMR overall, aim to hit your nutrients properly.

I'd also discuss this with your local GP for a more professional opinion, because the risks are really fucking high if you fuck up this tightrope walk mate. Best of luck though.

For those wanting to lose weight, they should eat at BMR since BMR is a near exact science to calculate. It's also very generous if you aren't bulking and only eating when hungry with filling meals

I was also overweight as a kid too.
I've been large for a good portion of my life. I'm fortunate that I'm only at pre-diabetes.
I hope I can go back to normal and not worry about any complications. I've heard it is possible to get your body back to normoglycemia if you're pre-diabetic.
I'm dedicated to big lifestyle changes, I'm in it to win it.

I thought as much, don't know why i doubted myself. Thanks for the assist mate

What about eating under BMR?

I'm 5'10.5, 200lbs, BMR is supposedly 1900. I like to cut at 1500.

>1 salad 50

I'm finding this hard to believe unless it consists entirely of unseasoned lettuce or the portion is something like 2 tablespoons.

Unseasoned spinach actually.

I'll count it as 100kcal just in case

I'm not too sure, again, most of the shit i read said stay at the very least 1200, better to be 1500, and that one article saying men should be at 1800 minimum. If you've been cutting at 1500 and hitting your nutritional need, then you're probably fine, it's most likely that you've overestimated your activity level/ the calculations for your BMR is wrong.

But again, i'm not a professional, if you're completely unsure, seek medical advice at a GP, if you've done it for ages and you're not sick, perhaps you've just been given a wrong number?

It's so fucking good though. Could eat it every meal. If you eat for variety you are a slave to food.

is there any coming back from pre-diabetes? I dont have it but its a huge fear of mine

Am i the only one that buys clothing smaller than my actual size to motivate myself?

300 pound who was 420 pound here. I have been living off 1200 calories with 1 bottle of smart water and a 16oz bottle of regular water a day. I walk 30-50 minutes a day. I feel better than when I was eating 2200 a day which is what I'm supposed to be eating.

Tldr: If its exact science why is this not killing me?

because you're still a higher weight, your body makes up for the lack of calories with the fat, according at least, to what i've read. The issue you'd face with that small of caloric intake is Malnutrition, which is why i'm hesitant to just say "go as low as you want", because if you don't hit your nutritional intake, it's a fucked place to be.

I think overall though, if it's been working for you so far, you're not feeling the symptoms of malnutrition and you're still far above the range where you really have to be careful of BMR, then you're good to keep on going.

But again, I hope for your sake that you're consciously paying attention to your nutrition intake, because fuck me you'll be risking a lot if that shit is imbalanced.

>the calculations for your BMR is wrong.

BMR is pretty hard and fast m8. And activity level has nothing to do with BMR. You're thinking of TDEE.

I wasn't the dude you were talking to btw, which I think caused some confusion- I don't have problem losing weight at 1500, was just jumping into the convo. Probably shoulda said as such. My b.

Ah fuck me, still trying to fully wrap my head around this shit... My bad mate

diabetes explanation motivation

I'm contemplating buying small shirts now. I started with 3XL at 295 but now I'm at 170 and M shirts are generally loose on me. I kind of want to show gainz. Thoughts?

Are sugars really that bad for you? About a third of my carbs are sugars ~60-70g per day. I generally eat a lot of fruit and balance it out with a lot of protein (200g+).

Sorry I replied to you and didn't realize it was a dead thread.

I feel like my net is too large like this dude is saying. I burn too much and don't have the "mindset" to eat it back so I'm in a huge deficit.

I'm gonna start changing my macros around because I've stalled at 165. (Trying to cut to 155 again). I plan on eating a fuck ton more carbs on training days then I have been.

2300 on Training days (M/W/F). 1800 on Tues/Thurs with IF. 2200 On Sat/Sun (sat/sun I walk around 23000 Steps ~3k Cals)

For reference here's my last week's total.

Any replies or tips would be great.

Just bit of motivation for anyone thinking you're stuck at the same weight for life
Used myfitnesspal to track diet, ate ~1300 cals a day for 2 years, lost 13 stone (168lbs)
Major diet change was oats and green apples breakfast and lunch.
I'm not preaching to anyone or giving a miracle cure just saying it is definitely possible

Way to blantantly brag my dude. No one asked for your shit progress.

The less the better.

I found that cutting out sugar made me appreciate other foods way more. Cottage cheese for example used to be absolutely disgusting to me, but now I could, and usually do, eat it every day happily. Health reasons aside, that alone i think was reason enough to avoid sugar if at all possible.

How loose? Depends on when you want to wear them and if you can get into them in the near-future. I try to buy things that I can reasonably fit into within a month or two.

Any help for getting meticulous with it? I just can't seem to consistently use it even if I eat rather well.

Fucking christ, look at you go, well fucking done man. I'm pretty new to Maco's, I can't really give you great advice on them unfortunately, at least, not the same way someone with heaps of experience could. I think though that adding more carbs for fuel sounds like a good idea man.

I don't really have many tips to give you man, you look like you're definitely going the right fucking way.

How low can one cut under BMR if one can control their hunger and cravings?
My BMR is 2400 and I currently cut at 1800

how many calories is it in a pound of paper? I've been eating about a pound of paper everyday for the last two years, I think I may be addicted by now. It started out as a hobby but I don't feel good unless I eat at least a pound of paper every day. I'm a tad bit chubby and I wonder if this is due to the paper having much calories or if it's something else in my everyday diet.

What are your fucking stats?

Ok then

Just needs to be routine. One thing I did find helpful is logging your meals for the day at the start of the day rather than as you go; you find yourself thinking you don't want to 'cheat' on the app strange as it sounds. It also helps if you link with pacer or another step-counting app that updates your remaining cals so you can see what your allowance is if you feel like you need a 'cheat' snack or whatever

1300 is extreme but manageable- 1750 or so would be my suggestion

For 5he first time in years I just dropped a turd that didn't stink and slid out. Keto + Fiber = God

Stats, then and now?

Nice job, senpai.

Started 3 weeks ago too heavy to even register on my scale which goes up to 19 stone and was over 21 last time I got weighed at the doctors' a couple months ago, now I'm at 18 and 6 lbs. Pretty fucking happy with that tbdesu

366lbs at my heaviest, late 2013
Got down to 148lbs at one stage late 2015 but had some health issues
Now a steady 168lbs on ~1900cals

Is that a lot? I usually aim for 120k, not sure exactly what Tdee that is so I usually put lightly active.

6'4, 235 and around 25% bf
Lifting for about a year now with shit diet and just now fully realized that I wasted a lot of time by not eating right

Thanks

How bad was the loose skin?

If you browse Veeky Forums no one is going to see you naked

I've been working on normifying myself. Getting pretty close to a date I think. :(

what the fuck?

height?

I'll say it now, that is a fucktonne to me, i don't know where it falls on the "fitness" scale option, but i'd put that dead at active.

I only average like 2500 calories a day, and even then, I barely hit around 65km a week, and that's on an active week. On down days i barely move at all, (except for lifting). Overall man, you're doing a fucking great job in my opinion based on your stats.

Im not gunna make it. depression too strong

Too poor to afford one.

My lunch today was nice, fried some cauliflower rice with salt, pepper and oregano. It really tastes no different from regular rice at that point.

Then I boiled up the leftover of my veggie roast from yesterday with some red cabbage, asparagus, tiny bit of scotch bonnet and onion. When I boiled it, I've learned to chuck in some curry powder and spices, then I drained it a little and added the curry sauce, cooked it until it was creamy.

Massive plate of curry but I would estimate at best 500 calories.

How long will it take to go from 5'10 200lbs to 170lbs?

I've already lost 150 so far, then I plateued for a year.

Made a bit of progress muscle-wise, lost a bit of body fat % but stayed at the same weight.

Ready to finally get back on that cut train.

What do you think, /fat/? 6 months? A year?

I just want to be beautiful.

Also, how many calories should I be trying to eat a day? 1500? 1800?

Nobody's biting your le so outrageous bait, sorry.

As low as you can go and stick to consistently.

What's your bf%?

1500 it is.

>what's your bf%?

High.

>cardio day
>hamstring doms

>Tfw you ll never go to the gym
>you ll never try to lose weight, get all sweaty from cardio and go take a shower
>Never only after the shower to get pushed down by 2 Veeky Forums guys that will fuck your ass and mouth in order to "help you" lose weight
feels bad man

No, you're wrong, eating below BMR is fine, stop trying to make people fat.

200 calorie breakfast lads. Really wanted something that was 350, but no... gotta stay strong.

>went over my calories 5 days last week
>weigh-in day but paranoid I've ballooned up
>193.5
Thank god it's nothing major. I've lost 27 pounds so far I'm not going to fuck up again

Jesus fucking Christ thanks for the motivation
And I thought I'm fat..

Get a god damn haircut, stylish glasses and clean up that fucking room like what the fuck man lmao

Guy that worried about putting on 4kg in 4 days, lost them all in 5 days, water weight is pretty scary. In the end easter costed me 10 days, could be worse.

Is this what it's like to be fat and gay?

Those who do, or have done, OMAD: How hard is it the first few days? Does it get easier?

this is correct.
fatties never learn

what it OMAD?

>OMAD
reddit.com/r/omad/