HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

>Alcohol isn't protein/fats/carbs
>The body converts it the same way it would fat during ketosis
>mfw I can literally live on alcohol and eggs/meat

I have seen the light, brethren. No more chucking a load of butter and shit on all my otherwise delicious food and depriving myself of alcohol.

All of a sudden I understand how rockstars stay so thin

>inb4 hurr alcohol is unhealthy
So is the 'standard' keto diet of 'le butter and coconut oil in EVERYTHING :D /diesofheartdisease'

Can I still workout when I'm drunk?

Your body processes alcohol before anything else because it's literally poison. This effectively stops protein synthesis until the alcohol has been filtered out. Alcohol also lowers testosterone l.

Basically you're a retard and you should kys.

But who was liver

>enjoying alcohol to this extent

The fuck

Yeah dude you are seeing the light

Just chug a bottle of vodka as pre and then drive to your gym and load up your max for bench. Dont ask for a spot, they dont want to smell your alcohol breath. Suicide grip and enjoy your gains my man

The alcohol will eventually get broken down into fats in your body.

OP is pretty retarded but so are you
1. Ethanol isn't a poison, its metabolites(primarily formaldehyde) are responsible for the toxicity
2. Ethanol consumption lowers but does not halt protein synthesis
3. You're kind of right in that the body will use any ethanol consumed as it's primary energy source until all ethanol is gone
4. Alcohol consumption has actually been shown to (slightly) increase free testosterone levels

Guy in the grocery store smelt like an alcoholic. Was really sad because he looked no older than 25

Hope I don't smell like that

Mountain hermit here, vodka is the best pre workout buzz, makes me feel like a Russian before I put on a gas mask and do 50 pull ups, 100 push ups, run 5km and do 500m of tire flips in a gas mask. Fuck I love my life.

>suicide grip
>quite content with my life

can we have one of these threads now that this thread has been ended ?

cool! any citations?

Its pretty dumb to say that ethanol isn't poison. Nothing that goes through your body without breaking down in any way is poison. But Id still qualify those substances as poison that will break down to harmful molecules.

>ethanol isn't poison
>just the result of metabolizing it is
Ebin.

>alcohol increases test
Simply ebin.

Do you even know how lipid soluble materials work?

Alcohol kills gains is a broscience meme that talks about alcohol increasing estrogen levels or preventing protein synthesis or other bullshit but all alcohol really does is fuck with your sleep quality. You have a more difficult time achieving rem sleep while under the influence of alcohol due to the effects of the etoh on your brain. No deep sleep means halted recovery. However that doesn't mean that your gym time was wasted because without recovery, your muscles will still have damage and can just recover again later.

Alcohol increases test for an hour immediately after the beer, then plummets for the most important stage of recovery, sleep.

>muscles will still have damage and will recover later
Hahahahahahahahahahahha no they do not

Yes they will. Muscle fatige (damage) will dissipate once you let your body rest for a prolonged period, which is why almost every intermediate or advanced program employs some sort of deload during its mesocycles.

>alcoholics will come up with this kind of broscience to justify their addiction

Toppest of keks.

Are you fucking for real? Dumbass.

No shit. I'm talking about what you just said that "muscles will still have damage and will recover later". Fucking no, recovery doesn't just build up like a savings account. You drink, you dont build any muscle, the fatigue goes away but your body did no muscle building during that time. You do not get stronger, you do not build healthy tissue.

Did you even read what I wrote. Not once did I say anything about alcohol killing gains. I just said that only an utter retard doesn't classify ethanol as a poison. It fits even the narrowest definition of it.

op is right, I drink a vodka shot everyday
And my gains are massive

Read about alcohol on leangains he makes a lot of good points. I went form I'm never touching alcohol in my life to hmm it's alright it seems

Also I've never had alcohol, what should I drink first?

why? they arent funny

CIRRHOSIS

151 rum

I've been having a couple beers when I do my workouts at home. It's pretty comfy. Cool, crisp, refreshing, and it gives me a bit of energy and motivation.

>start a fire in the fire pit
>crack open a beer
>sip sip
>go do a set of chins on the tree branch
>sip sip
>pick up that junk water heater in the back yard
>do some front squats
>sip sip
>more pull ups
>more push ups
>more planks
>more squats
>more sips
>more resting by the fire
>eventually put the fire out
>go inside to play video games and go to bed

I'd say pick up a single tall can of beer, and try and work some body weight stuff in while you sip it down.

I like a stella artois, or a corona for some easy drinking, but your typical beers are a good starting point too, like Miller Lite, Budweisser, Rolling Rock

Jokes on you m8 my gym is in my basement and my max is 50lbs

>'Alcohol isn't a poison, it just results in your body creating a poison to metabolize it, which still introduces a poison'
Was that correction really helpful?

>its not a poison man! Your body is the poison!

lol wtf