Lebron James 6'8" 249 lbs VS JJ Watt 6'5 289 lbs

Lebron James 6'8" 249 lbs VS JJ Watt 6'5 289 lbs

Both in their prime, who would win in a fight? I know the obvious answer would be JJ Watt, but Lebron has a significant advantage when it comes to reach and there's no doubt that he's the most physical specimen to ever be in the NBA. JJ Watt is obviously going to have the ground game locked up, but I think LeBron could win if he can dance around JJ and stay on his feet. Thoughts?

They aren't trained fighters. So the one who isn't afraid of killing the other guy would win.
Shit thread OP.

>most physical specimen
What could this possibly mean? Most physical?

Lebron kinda looks like he has a weak chin. I'd give it to Watt. Since neither is a fighter it could be weird.

The least metaphysical

he is the most gifted athlete in history

>tall, muscular freak of nature who's never experienced a serious injury
>fast, dumb, fatass with glass bones

not a hard decision

OK so how does "most physical" express that?

If they were both trained for fighting, Lebron would likely be the better striker/stand up fighter where JJ Watt would be a great wrestler and able to take it the ground whenever he wanted.

I'd say JJ

I mean he's like the most physically dominant person in the history of the NBA. He could drive to the hole on anyone, he can defend anyone, he is stronger and faster than any other NBA player and he just has some intimidation factor where no matter who is on the court with him, he's the alpha male.

he has meat where soul and spirit should be..

You must not partake in the sports world in any facet at all ever in your life

>never experienced a serious injury
Maybe because he's playing basketball and not a collision sport dumb fuck

you do realize how often basketball players get injured right? jj watt has glass bones, even by nfl standards; lebron is unusually resistant to injury

I'll give it to watts

Bruce lee said that when it comes to people of equal skill (i. e untrained) the one who's stronger and faster will win so watts

3 inch height difference = jack shit if the slightly shorter guy has 40 pounds more lean body mass.

Especially if the latters sport is more violent in general.

Anyone else who has EVER wrestled a significantly heavier man with equal or similar skill can tell you that.

That is a rediculous weight difference.

5 fuckong pounds can be a world of difference in competitive wrestling or BJJ or really any grappling.

lol

Basketball is actually one of the most dangerous sports out there. Even more so than American football. It's all the quick movements and no padding.
Also this, if Lebron doesn't know how to defend and gets taken to the ground, he's fucked, but if he knows some decent grappling and JJ doesn't he can probably lock him up and finish the fight.

Neither of them have been in a fight in their lives. LeBron may have been born in the hood but he was protected from like 12 years old by those who saw his potential. Physique and athleticism means little either, an out of shape 200lb+ guy with a little bit of boxing experience would probably fuck them both up.

Exactly, just need a guy who knows how to step out and throw a counter right to the chin and its lights out for either of them.

>Basketball is actually one of the most dangerous sports out there. Even more so than American football. It's all the quick movements and no padding.
That's enough posting for today.

hehe I'm as tall as LeBron James.

Anyone who watches NBA knows LeBron is soft as fuck.

JJ would destroy him

JJ is a beast of a human in general. His entire life has been focused on being able to bring other big guys to the ground, so he's definitely got that advantage.

>he's like the most physically dominant person in the history of the NBA

Shaq?

>an out of shape 200lb+ guy with a little bit of boxing experience would probably fuck them both up.

The delusion is real

Football is a full-contact sport that involves knocking people on their ass as hard and fast as possible.

Basketball is a game where you're allowed to bump chests softly, and cry to the ref if anything else happens.

JJ Watt is one of the best athletes in the NFL. He's huge, he's fast, he's strong, he's overall crazy. He's 289lbs and he's jumped onto boxes 65" high. I say Watt

>a football player who literally TACKLES people for a living and has 40 pounds of muscle on his opponent
Vs
>tall dude who can run fast and dunk

has Veeky Forums litterally never played sports?

>Larry Bird
>Wilt Chamberlain
>Kareem Abdul Jabar

Were all more gifted than Lebron, and that's just in basketball. And they played with 1/3 of the physical training and support that Lebron has. Wilt Chamberlain was by far the strongest player ever in the history NBA, if you don't believe me, go listen to the interview where Arnold talked about how strong Wilt Chamberlain was. There are hours and hours of stories about people astonished at Wilt's strength, ranging from dunking a basketball so hard that it broke someone's foot, to dunking with someone hanging off of his arm. Wilt was mythically strong, and his greatness gets lost because his legend is so old. You can say he played in a different era, but so did Babe Ruth, and he's still considered the greatest baseball player of all time.

Not even mentioning:
>Bo Jackson
>Michael Phelps
>Usain Bolt
>Wayne Gretsky
>Tiger Woods
>Babe Ruth

Lebron is the best player in basketball right now, but that's because of his sheer physical dominance, and basketball IQ. And if he wasn't such a huge, egotistical pussy, he might be able to get past the ghost of Michael Jordan.

For what it's worth LeBron did play handegg in high school.

2/3 listed aren't more gifted than Bron as they weren't gifted with his durability, coordination, and combination of strength/speed. Despite him being a pussy and formerly a choke artist he was nowhere near the mental midget known as Wilt.

>implying the most important thing in fighting is athleticism

Actually Tsuuuuuu is the most gifted athlete in history.

Bird, Kareem, Gretzky, Woods, and Ruth weren't anywhere CLOSE to Lebron's athleticism. I'm not talking skill in their sports, but in terms of sheer physical ability Lebron is on a completely different level than them.

Chamberlain, Jackson, Phelps, and Bolt are once in a lifetime freak athletes.

>handegg

Is it even possible to be any more reddit than this?

>They aren't trained fighters. So the one who isn't afraid of killing the other guy would win.
Right. Because that's how fighting works in real life.

You sound like Jason Blaha.

To ever be in the NBA? Prime Shaq could kick his ass easily

He didn't say athleticism, he said gifted. If you're talking about pure athleticism, then sure, that's why Lebron is one of the greats, he's a 6'8", 260lbs and quick as a fox. But Lebron is physically dominant, but in my opinion, players like Bird, Ruth, and Gretsky are more impressive because they weren't physically dominant. They were legendary in spite of not being physically superior.

Are you saying that Wilt wasn't great?

He's right though, if you don't go into a fight with a mindset on the same level as basically fighting for your life, you will more likely lose because you won't put all of your effort into dominating your opponent. That's why you see some people you would never think win in a fight win out with no actual fighting skill just from pure rage