Is MyFitnessPal a meme?

Is MyFitnessPal a meme?

Asking for a friend.

It's useful but it spies on you. Take your pick, convenience or freedoms.

How does it spy? Is it worse than facebook?

You could do the same thing with a pen and paper, but nowadays everyone has a smart phone so why not just do it on there. Up to you if you just want to write it in a note or use MFP. Either way, tracking your intake is always a good idea.

180 day streak, 50 pounds lost.

I can dig it.

It's a pretty convenient way to track your calories and macros.

It's not absolutely necessary but seeing a nice row of green numbers at the end of every day is satisfying

80 day streak reporting in. Would recommend.

Oh no! Someone knows I ate something! This is awful!

I use the Lose It! App

Be careful out there.

probably not worse than facebook. I think they take the top spot in most cases.
I could imagine MFP knows quite a bit about you. All food habits that you put in. Weight over time, and other stuff you provide (potentially personal info). Depending on you linking social media to it, they might be able to get some stuff there as well.

Based on how you use the app, they might be able to classify the "type" of user you are. Likelihood of failing your goal and so on.

I have the same streak but only like 15 wtf
Well I guess I started at 200

Im using it and sometimes i hve no idea how to estimate how many calories something is. Like for lunch i had fried tilapia and the number of calories jt could have been could have been anywhere from like 150 to 450 and i just dont know how to guestimate

I'm down 25 pounds in ~3 months using it. I eat the same thing everyday though so that makes it pretty easy. Remember to always overestimate your calories and don't use the exercise function that factories calories burned into your daily total. It's a crutch.

73 Days, 38Lbs. If "spying on you" means gathering data you give the app, then I have bad news for you, anons.

My job is in data science. I work with company financial data, but this job has really opened my eyes as to why companies want all of this data. It's all for targeted marketing. Companies want you to buy their shit. They know only some types of people will buy their shit. They want to refine their advertisements to ensure that only the type of people that might buy their shit are advertised to, stretching their ad dollars and increasing advertising ROI. Every app on your phone gathers as much data as it can, then this data is sold to aggregators who then sell the info to advertisers. Television advertising is so inefficient compared to this its not even funny, which is why YouTube TV is going to put companies like DirecTV and Cox out of business unless they can find a way to link a user to a watching session and start targeting ads as well. If you don't want to be advertised to or have your data somewhere, get a dumb phone and don't use the internet ever. Pretty simple.

It's always the highest option.

Lost 10kg in 21 days. (185cm, 106kg - 96kg)

I don't bother counting calories, but keeping a log of everything I eat stops me from snacking or having seconds.

Yes, but fat people on here still swear by it for some reason. Just calculate calories manually, as it's going to be more precise, or use a fucking weight.

This is you

This is you

I found LinkedIn the worst. Never put their app on your phone. It tries to steal info from everything

You can probably speed it up.

Im currently 170 and started at 193 lbs and 5"10 done in three months.

I non-memeingly do work for the government in the IT sector and can promise you we have far more important shit to worry about than what your fatass eats

90 day streak, 33 pounds lost
I didn't even use MFP

This app is amazing

Im lifting too so I don't want to risk losing more muscle than fat, so I made it a out 1lb/week

Estimate high if cutting, low if bulking.