instagram.com/p/BTKHH-0D6dy/
youtube.com/watch?v=V0iy6RuCMQE
youtube.com/watch?v=X57aLTTEX_w
youtube.com/watch?v=wNbrVw1Yp5c
instagram.com/p/BPIx3nFDLbx/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Gaedel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most of powerlifting is a joke.

There needs to be a fed that works honor in lifting properly into their Wilks score or what the fuck ever.

Strongman is the 'functional strength' one. Powerlifting is just the less faggy version of olympic lifting.

>Powerlifting is just the less faggy version of olympic lifting.
More faggy.

Honestly i think oly are the most athletic, in pl you can trick ROM and shit but in oly u can't trick anything Tecnique and strenght. And btw never tried oly lifting, i just enjoy watching it.

I don't get it. Can someone explain me what's the difference between Oly lifting, power lifting and weightlifting?

how about you just touch your chest with the bar without unracking, would that count?

Is this common amongst powerlifting? Looks dangerous.

pic is truth

Oly and weightlifting is the same. They compete in clean and jerk + snatch. Powerlifters compete in bench, DL and squat.

>powerlifting
1rm bench, squat and deadlift
>olylifting
snatch, clean&jerk
>weightlifting
bodybuilding, strength training, whatever

I don't know why anyone would want to look like the guy top left. Seriously, I'd rather be able to lift half as much as him and not look like a human bowling ball.

Thank you guys

Why don't they make a rule that you have to have your back flat?

is he kill?

Nope.

weightlifting is actually Olympic lifting by definition. It was appropriate by bodybuilders who wanted to hide their feminine pageantry.

Probably because of the natural arch.

strongman
log press, stone ball to wood cube, walking frame farmers carry, stairs with weights, holding two logs until, squatting old timey 700 lb barbell smacking it against safeties, deadlifting car, picking up log and pushing it ober its tipping point, bending metal bar over head..

because benching heavy without an arch is unhealthy and unsafe so the problem is really with regulating the amount of arch because there isn't really an easy way to do it.

Was Rippetoe on gear? He looks like he was.

>takes years to develop an elite bench press
>takes years to develop spinal mobility for extreme arched bench press
gotta ban it though, absolutely braindead.

A minor arch and pinching shoulder blades back is natural but this shit would never count in a real competition. If it does then I've lost what little respect I had left for these people.

He sets junior world records bro.

>throwing heavy ass weight over your head is more faggy than le 2 inch rom lifts

here's the same guy but in competition.

powerlifting is literally a joke.

not a valid bench, butt's not on the bench

He puts it down on the bench.

he has good genetics for this. most people will try to arch and use a wide grip but he has short arms and also can somehow arch more than most people. and it's not dangerous because none, or at least very little of the pressure is on his back even when he does that.

extremely relevant video
youtube.com/watch?v=V0iy6RuCMQE

it's not actually him. i dont know why it's a meme that it is

I'm no power lifter and a dyel, but how can this be considered in the true spirit of the sport? It's pretty clear he couldn't bench that much without arching. They should make him keep his feet forward.

Fags say this a lot, that people who arch a lot on the benchpress aren't doing a real bench press or are going against "the spirit of the bench press." According to powerlifting rules, all you need on the bench is shoulders and glutes. Does a large arch make it an easier lift? Of course. Is someone who benches 405 with no arch stronger than someone who benches 405 with a massive arch? Yeah, probably. But powerlifting isn't a competition of strength. It is a competition of moving weight within the rules. Much like a basketball player who is really tall or a swimmer with massive feet, this particular lifter has a physical trait that helps him to bench more. These mechanical advantages are seen in other lifts too; the best squat, hands down, was done by Andrzej Stanaszek. He is literally a dwarf and his squat is a few inches. No matter what the rules are, there will always be people who push the rules to the limit, and those that can, are just luckier than the rest of us.

could this idiot do 2 plates for reps without looking like the mcdonalds arches?

holy fucking bullshit batman

This actually triggers me. This piece of shit did not earn that weight. I want to fucking murder him.

It entirely depends on your league though. If you do this shit in some places you will get only red lights. You are a fucking joke and no one likes you or thinks you are strong.

bro, i know you are trying to be serious but a lot of people see things different from your own perception. yeah, acording to some rules his lift is legit. to my eyes, that shit looks ridiculous. im not saying his strenght isnt shown, in some regard at least. it just looks fucking ridiculous, its like looking at an award ceremony in which everyone gets a trophy because of simply beign there.

>Andrzej Stanaszek
youtube.com/watch?v=X57aLTTEX_w

HOLY SHIT ITS FOR REAL LOOLOLOLOLOL

well boys pack it up, go oly or go home.

K E K

STRENGTH EQUALS SIZE GUYS REMEMBER TO DO SS FOR 4 YEARS ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=wNbrVw1Yp5c
lol

>be 5'5" 300lb powerfat
>waddle up to bench
>unrack bar, gut so huge it already touches
>rerack bar
>the crowd goes wild

LLLLLLLLLLLOL

Thats Franco Columbu

>no way
>no way
>OH COME ON

real manlets more like

does this individual have any records?

Wow is this.. the power of strength routines, wow that guy is sure aesthetic guys. Much for "strength=size" he obviously is bigger than ALL body builders. Strength=size guys

He set the IPF 83kg men's Open squat record and total record as a junior (has the junior records as well)
John Haack - 1993
BW: 82.8 kg
Squat: 298.0 (world & world junior record)
Bench: 200.0
Deadlift: 315,0 (world junior record
Total: 813.0 kg (world record & world junior record)
Wilks: 543.49

he's got some massive legs tho

what? no, weightlifting is oly. that's the name of the sport. lifting weights is, well ,lifting weights.

so inspiring

No one is saying he is bigger than any bodybuilder but I'd say he's pretty aesthetic

Yeah kinda looks like this guy... it's like.. it's almost like... following strength training will make you look like a giant baby... I feel sad for all the people who get memed into doing only strength shit, poor bastards

>roiding for that

Well maybe they do the routines they do in order to lift more, not look better. Because looking good doesn't get you points in a POWERLIFTING competition.

I would do oly lifting if it didn't scare the shit out of me.

I especially admire that they replaced the clean and press with the clean and jerk once they realized people were gaming the form.

The dwarf is legit but that back arching shit is ridiculous

man you got this copypasta on lock for these threads

I honestly hate powerlifters. They're unaesthetic as shit and hog all the racks. Imagine spending that much time in the gym to look worse than the average guy on the street.

Clearly they were all bullied as children for being faggots and lifting weight makes them feel powerful.

>doing only strength shit
What else should you do?

I got in a fight with a fat powerlifter once, he ended up crying

Honestly I think Frankie Muniz looks pretty good in that pic, much bigger than when he was in Malcolm.

op is an insecure weak bitch lmfao

That shit isn't legal in american federations, what eurocucks do to get an edge at world records doesn't dictate powerlifting

Bodybuilders are fucking pussies, strongman and powerlifting is for real men

So leave your cute sleeveless hoodies at home

It's like point karate for weight lifting

yeah man strength training won't build any muscle

awww did you try a strength routine when you first started and realised you're weak and a genetic dead end? Would like to see how you look. Probably worse than that faggot you just posted

Wow people who roid look like they roid woah woah made me think.
Butthurt, probably fat and ugly as well

>your bench will never trigger weakfags on Veeky Forums and instagram

yeah but his ROM is 2.5"

Reminds me of that baseball team that used midgets to decrease the strike zone.

and bodybuilders don't roid? #lifetimenattybodybuilder
No faggot bodybuilder is natural but yeah you should definitely do a bodybuilding routine as a natural lifter

>doesn't post himself to prove you aren't weak and look like shit

>No faggot bodybuilder is natura
Scooby?

You honestly think scooby is natty? Dude is almost 60 and still big. Look at ronnie coleman's (52) recent instagrams. One of the biggest dude in the world in his prime. They are basically the same size and leanest. At the age the body's test levels fall a lot. And you know ronnie is still cycling for life cause he abused that shit so his natural production is fucked.
instagram.com/p/BPIx3nFDLbx/

Scooby is natural, with age you look a lot more juicy from the vascularity. FFMI isn't that impressive and he's been lifting for decades.
He is also German, bodybuilder coincidence? I bet not. Genetics matters, too.
Seriously, I thought Veeky Forums knew better then this...

The dude is as big and vascular as arguably the best if not one of the best genetics in the history of bodybuilding while being older. You're delusional

were they just hoping for 16 balls in a row to score any runs?

yaaas queen

>the crowd goes wild
kek

Sounds like youre retarded

>instagram.com/p/BTKHH-0D6dy/
I hereby declare powerlifting to be shit tier sport.
fuck this shit! this is worse than crossfit

Rippetoe probably was, that's not him but if you look up a picture of him from his powerlifting days he was huge.

Important to note he wasn't Trex mode

Weightlifting is a general term. Any type of "lifting" is weight lifting.

kill yourselves

Whew who is on the far right end of the picture? ?

I just want to be strong.

>Powerlifting
>faggy version of olympic lifting.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA POWERLIFTERS

Somebody make that into a webm pls.

Cale Rowston
PA (Powerlifting Australian) 93kg deadlift record holder. He's competing in IPF worlds this year

Tbh there's nothing wrong with top left.

Apparently it was only one: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Gaedel

They should've done an all midget team though

PLS

Funny that Veeky Forums complains about ROM on bench press when half the people here thinks that pic related is deep enough for squats and that bouncing the bar on your chest and lifting your ass is acceptable when benching.

Powerlifting is a fucking joke sometimes. The ""sport"" of cheating reps.

Conventional bulking is a meme.

>Can someone explain me what's the difference between Oly lifting, power lifting and weightlifting?

Olympic lifting is weightlifting. (Not to be confused with the more general term "lifting weights")

Powerlifting is squat, bench, and deadlift.

Ironically, the two sports are misnamed.

In weightlifting, you actually see the most power (force x distance / time).

In powerlifting, you see the most weight.