Hey Veeky Forums I've got a question...

Hey Veeky Forums I've got a question. If i just do alot of pushups and running per day will that keep me fit and well muscled? I can't really fit in the time going to the gym and figuring out how to do 50 different workouts. So will say 100 pushups per day and an hours jog and sprint and keep me well muscled?.

No (read the sticky), and it's difficult to see how that would take less time than going to the gym anyway.

no, it most definitely won't

If you can fit over an hour of exercising every day then there's really no reason why you shouldn't just go to the gym. Sounds to me you're just too lazy

If you are DYEL like me then push-ups help a lot but after a certain point you need to add weight training. I went from 135 to 145 eating more and doing bodyweight stuff but then progress slows down a lot. I'm gonna join the gym soon. I hope I was able to help :)

I don't wanna waste my life at the gym I just want to be healthy and look good, I'd rather be able to just do my pushups and go for a sprint around the neighborhood then have to go to a gym all the time.

Since Op talked about bodywieght routine.

If you fuck around, lets say for a year or so, by doing bodyweight routine. If you start going to the gym after and doing one of the FB routine advised by the sticky:
Will you make gains as if you didn't do bodyweight routine and straigth out began with the gym or will doing bodyweight routine make you lose your noob gains ?

Okay thanks guys, what if I started doing weight lifting on top of that and so on, I don't wanna be huge, just a reasonably attractive body, I wanna enjoy life, not just workout all day.

No, come on, read what I said. It would take just as long to do 100 push ups and run for an hour as it would to go to the gym, so don't try and use time as an excuse.

I think you're just too lazy. That's fine, but admit it and try to take responsibility for it as a flaw, instead of asking us to justify it for you.

How could i be lazy, If the said exercised i proposed takes the same amount of time?

OP, fitness is like everything in life, you have to dedicate time to get results. If that's too much to ask then just accept how you already look. There are no shortcuts, short of steroids.

>I don't wanna be huge, just a reasonably attractive body
This is a common misconception. You do not get huge just because you lift weights. It takes years of dedicated work. And possibly steroids. Just lift and stop when you're happy with your body.

Also
READ THE FUCKING STICKY

>I don't wanna waste my life at the gym
>instead I'll waste just as much of my life doing shit that yields shitty results simply because I'm too lazy to educate myself on a subject matter

fucking retard

Because you want the results without getting off your ass and going to the gym. Nobody ever got "toned and in shape" from shortcutting themselves.
read the fucking sticky and dont come back to Veeky Forums until you lurk moar

Nice b8

But am i getting off my ass, I'm just not going to the gym.

You fitfreaks seem to just have been brainwashed to workship the gym

Can not validate that which is not valid.

There's a reason people are telling you to go the gym. Because dicking around doing pushups and running around the block will get you zero results in the long term.
Now if you want to plug your ears, and go
>LALALAA IM RETARDED AND DONT WANT TO TAKE ADVICE
that's your choice. But don't say we didn't tell you what to do.

If you are serious head over to
/bwg/ - BodyWeight General But you seem oddly like that baiting troll faggot that was just in this thread

I'm just like you. But I just want to lose weight and have decent arms. I have been doing pushups and running for like 2 weeks and I already feel a bit better. Not that much muscle gain but I feel more toned.

completely agree with you OP. here's my routine.
>100 pushups
>100 situps
>100 squats
>10km run
just do that everyday and you'll get super fit body without looking like a freak.

I don't wanna be huge, i just wanna stay healthy and in condition, im not that worried about not having a six pack i just dont wanna be flabby or skinny, will the said exercise keep me above that

Would say 5km be good? That the distance i live from work

You dense fucking idiot, you will not wake up tomorrow looking like Ronnie Coleman just because you did some workouts at the gym. Your average human being will never reach that level of mass, and you can literally just stop lifting before you think you are "too big".
you're literally noob memes: the post for fucks sake, read the sticky on the front page.
And no for the 50th time pushups and a jog will not give you the results you want you fucking mongoloid.

>falling for the bait
whoo boy you're in for a long road

No it has to be exactly 10km. Anything less you might as well not do it. If you go over you might injure yourself.

Also don't use creatine. It made me bald.

Nah, youve jsut been brainwashed by the gym god, I know too many guys that barely even do that much and look find

Yes.
But I suggest a simple workout of
Pushups
Pike pushups
Situps
Squats
Bridges
Chinups
Then running and sprinting.

It's litterally the most basic bare bones and effective workout you can ever do.

That somethings that I want, noting to complicated just to keep me looking reasonably good and healthy

>uhh i know a guy somewhere
>uhh i dont want to get too big
>uhh im just gonna do pushups cause i'm too lazy
You are fully clouded in your own delusion, why did you even post on this board if you're going to get off the internet and act like a clueless chicken anyway.

You've been watching too many cartoons faggot, DYEL?

One Punch Man isn't even aesthetic he's a fucky skelly

Your just getting my goal and your goal mixed up, you wanna be some huge tank and thats your meaning to life, i just wanna be healthy and look okay and get on with it.

you dense motherfucker
it takes years to get to the point of "huge tank". At no point did i insinuate that you were in the business of getting massive, I have reading comprehension unlike you.
regular lifting will get you to your goal in 3-6 months tops, while your stupid little pushup plan will get you nothing but an overdeveloped chest and bad elbows. If you are too dense to even read the most basic things about health and fitness then you're never going to make it.
S
T
I
C
K
Y

>i just wanna be healthy and look okay and get on with it.
yes and you achieve this better at the gym

you can run and do push-ups. You'll look like shit and your posture will be shit thanks to only doing one movement pattern over and over again while most of your muscle groups are dog-shit. Cardio does good though. OR you can go to the gym. You spend the same amount of time and get vastly better results, both health and looks wise

The only difference is that if you decide to start lifting, you'll have to educate yourself a little. But you're too lazy to do that you piece of human garbage, and settle for the sub-optimal shit

Read the thread dumbass. That's exactly what OP wants. He obviously has no interest in going to the gym. Not sure why everyone's forcing him to do so.

Sorry but i'd rather read and educate myself about actual important thing then how do MUH MUSCLES, you guys just worship the gym as if everybody who doesn't go to it is worth beta trash, guess all of human history is then.

>OP literally wants to follow, to the letter, a workout routine from a fucking cartoon

It's extremely low quality bait

With your shit for brains no amount of reading or educating yourself will do anything, you can't seem to grasp the simple concept of equal amount of time spent on activities and the difference in results they yield

way to dodge my post you lazy bum.
At some point you will realize Veeky Forums was right, and you'll realize that not going to the gym was detrimental to your progress. Until then, enjoy not making it.
you dont even have a workout routine lmao

>I don't wanna waste my life at the gym
It's not wasting your life if it's improving your body, mood, energy, confidence, etc.
To each his own, if your only benchmarks are to be able to do X number of BW exercises or run X distance, then go for it. Just don't expect that sort of training to give you the same results as a proper barbell/dumbbell routine.
If you want to get in good shape without a gym look into bodyweight progressions

I know some guys that look good without the gym but they also play soccer or basquetball. They look fit but not big.

If OP is really dumb enough to think that going to the gym is a waste of time then he doesn't deserve serious answers. This whole thread is a bait imo

Yeh but you have to work alot harder for huge tank, i Don't really want to build my whole life to it, gyms cost more money and take more time out of my day, i want something simple and easy without learning how this machine works so i can one day get MUH MUSCLES in 10 years

just kill yourself my man

It's not a waste of time who all he cares about is physical flesh, you'd waste your whole life working out and think it was a great achievement.

>Yeh but you have to work alot harder for huge tank
you wouldn't know, you've never set foot in a gym in your life

>Don't really want to build my whole life to it,
nobody told you you had to, you can stop when you've reached your goal

>gyms cost more money and take more time out of my day,
plenty of cheap/free gyms if you are at college, you literally said in OP that you had over an hour of free time, that's plenty.

>i want something simple and easy without learning how this machine works
you want the results without putting in any real effort
tldr; you're still a lazy bum

How the fuck is hitting the weights 3 days a week for 60-90 minutes working out all day?

Jesus H. Christ you fucking millenials.

Your body will be experiencing new stresses that cause central nervous system adaptation muscle memory and what not, so you will still get some noob gains as your body learns to use the muscles it has. You'll probably shoot up in numbers faster than just going straight to a barbell routine

It makes people bald that were genetically predisposed to going bald later on in life user

The guy in your pic lifts

this is now a pushup thread, roll em boys

Rollo

Roll

Yeah I agree, this dude is definitely trolling. He did have me going for awhile tho.