/qtddtot/ Questions That Deserve Their Own Thread

Should I wait until my muscles have absolutely no soreness before working them out again? Did legs (calisthenics) on Friday and there still just a little bit and I wonder if I'm hurting myself in the long run for working them today or if I'm missing out on gains by waiting until tomorrow for them to be 100% pain-free.

Other urls found in this thread:

medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=11541
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it dangerous to have cold showers after going to the gym?

I guess I had one job...

Is there any reason I can't have huel shakes with whole milk for the staple of my diet? Or maybe like 2000-2500 cals worth of huel and whole milk and have a regular dinner that my parents make, which is normally something like chilli con carne, chicken and pasta etc

Ive finally upgraded to a two-day split after over a year of SS/SL5x5. My routine is A- Chest, Tris, Shoulders, B- Legs, Back, Bis.

Every A day, I start with OHP, BP, and Incline BP before supplementals. And my first lift goes well. But by the time I start the second of those exercises, I already feel weak in my upper body, and I lift much less than if I started my workout with that exercise. And by the time I get on to following lifts, I'm using babby weights.

Like, if I start with BP I can 2pl8, but if I start with OHP, then IBP, then by the time I get to BP I'm maxing at like 185lbs.

Is this normal? I've started plateauing on my chest and shoulder exercises because of it...

>Questions That Deserve Their Own Thread
Wow.

Dextrose at halftime

Very dangerous

To early risers. If I wake up before work to workout, is it better to eat before or after the workout? If before, how long before?

I already get up at 4:30AM. I'm wondering if this is doable.

I got a few:
What can I do for lower chest?
If I can't feel the seperators between them, does that mean my abs are underdeveloped?
And if I get up to 8 hours of sleep in, does it matter if I sleep at daytime or nighttime?
P.S.: Got laid last weekend, only a week after breakup - we're all gonna make it, brothers

No, cold showers are GOAT but I heard that they mess with the healing process if done directly after working out and the source I got that from (Tom Merrick on youtube) says to wait at least 1 hour after working out before gitting gud.

pls no bully

Personally, If I don't eat before working out, even though I'm low carb high fat, my workout is very low-quality. SO I say before. How long before depends on you, feel it out.

I do OMAD tho so that may have something to do with it considering my last meal, altho 24-hrs worth of calories, was 24 hours ago. I don't think so tho.

Bump

I just started adding deadlifts to my routine today and I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong. I always thought diddlys were legs so I did them on leg day (today) and I feel it more in my lower back than my legs. Did I mess up?!?

What would happen if I did 100+ dips every day? I work in a factory with railings that make great dip stations so I'd like to catch a few sets of 10 every so often.

>What can I do for lower chest?
Weighted dips, decline bench.
>If I can't feel the seperators between them, does that mean my abs are underdeveloped?
You're just fat.
>And if I get up to 8 hours of sleep in, does it matter if I sleep at daytime or nighttime?
Not a big deal, but it should be consistent one way or another ie, always sleeping during the day or always at night.
>P.S.: Got laid last weekend, only a week after breakup - we're all gonna make it, brothers
At least you're doing something right. Keep up the good work.

I dont eat until after my workout personally. Up at 3. Work at 7. I usually lift then cook something after I get home.

Thanks for the answers, my man
>tfw going to the gym at 4:20am
>tfw glorious peace & quiet

>Is this normal?
Yes.

You'll have to rotate which lift you want to emphasize for the day, if you want to hit everything heavy. I suggest dropping Incline as a main lift, by all means keep it as accessory or demote OHP and focus on flat and incline bench its up to you. The thing is these three lifts share so many of the primary movers you'll never be able to truly hit all three maximally in one workout. Alternatively you could try twice a day workouts if you have the time.

An example of rotating between lifts
A1BxA2B
A1
BP Heavy weight light volume
OHP/Incline Moderate weight high volume

A2
Reversed.

>I just started adding deadlifts to my routine today and I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong.
Most likely, but if you think you're going to get a magic fix in this thread or this board for that matter you are sadly mistaken. But don't worry, here's some common sense for you. Learn about the lift, read as much as you can on it. Watch experts perform the lift and learn through them, be it through youtube, in person, coaching, whatever. Perform the lift yourself, learn what works you, get that muscle memory downpat. Your journey to self-improvement begins with, is reliant on, and ends with you. You're on the right path by asking questions, but as I said, there's no magic fix. You're going to have to put some work in. Faggot.

Is it safe to do cardio or lift while water fasting?

Like I said I watched Mark rippetoes explanation of the lift on YouTube. It didn't feel wrong while doing it, I just felt it in my back muscles, instead of my legs like I assumed I would.

How do I work to undo the damage that videogames have done to my pleasure centers? I've been cutting back on them as part of an overall character improvement, but I still cling to the conditioning of instant gratification that they instill. What are good ways to reinstate a purpose-driven sense of pleasure?

Yes. It probably even has some heretofore undocumented benefit.

Stop playing them. Addiction sensitizes your braind to the object of the addiction and desensitizes your brain to everything else. The key is to not enjoy any single thing too much or you'll ruin you enjoyment of every other thing.

if I look big and like I lift at high bodyfat , 5'8 180 pounds will I look decent at like 160? been lifting for almost 2 years now

GODDAMMIT I'M HUNGRY AND ONLY 50 CALORIES FROM MY LIMIT

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

>Like I said I watched Mark rippetoes explanation of the lift on YouTube.
Oh I'm sorry. You watched 1 (ONE) 5-15 minute video on youtube and don't fully understand a complex full body movement!? Someone get in touch with CNN right now because the world needs to know! Get the fuck off this board and actually study the deadlift. Fortunately for you all the information you need is available on the internet. That's right, you don't even have to leave your greasy fucking seat you worthless excuse of a man.

diet coke

Wow autism!

Bump

Calm down man all I was asking is if I should feel it more in my legs than my back. I am trying to learn and I understand that I need to put in the effort. I'm just wondering if anyone has some suggestions.

Is there any way to keep my gains if i won't have access to the gym for a week?

What is the point of stuff like this?
Looks like it's targeted more for weight gain fetishists than athletes.

for skeletons who want to gain weight really fast but don't know the value of cooking.

Serious mass is retarded, you get only like 8 scoops out of the bag and that's it

that's all mass gainers, it's just shake mix.

eat big, do as many pushups/pullups/sprints as you can

Soreness isn't necessarily an indicator of recovery. Definitely missing out on gains by waiting until 100% pain free. Are you on a proper program? Any program worth doing will have indications on how often to train.

how the fuck do i eat oats
i've tried like 5 different ways so far, no dice
ive got peanut butter, honey, salt, pepper, and some frozen berries on hand
anyone have any recipes they could share? also wouldn't be opposed to mixing oats or whatever in with my protien shakes, although i dont have a blender, just shaker cup
please help me i just want to have a nice easy calorie dense food that isnt rice

Yeah, I read to wait 48 hours and then get back at it becuse likely, the blood with lactic acid just hasn't been cleared and working out with clear it. I've found that to be seemingly true.

I'm not on a program. I'm just doing what feels right and doing my own routine while improving my knowledge base every day.

Thanks for the response.

make overnight oats with milk, honey, whey

Just eat rice

how does one do this? im literally retarded when it comes to oats, but it sounds good
i just cant do it anymore, not for every fucking meal, plus rice for breakfast just seems wrong, and there's no way to mix in some kind of protein that isnt meat without it tasting like ass that im aware of

Just eat potatoes then
>but but I can't
Then just go full keto, it's just carbs anyways

damn i had forgotten potatoes
solid plan user will grab some tomorrow
still, i have oats now and im hungry as fuck, cant go to the store its closed, so still looking for a recipe

Any tips for a newbie to improve his squat? I've watched all the videos on squat form that there are to watch (Rippetoe, Alan Thrall, etc) but I still feel like my form sucks. Whenever I try to go low-bar, my wrists are killing me no matter how wide my grip is. Is it because I'm a newb and my back isn't big enough yet?

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble squatting up out of the hole. Around the 4th/5th rep, it's really hard for me to stand up and I always end up putting too much of my back into it.

I personally eat lentils, they store better cooked than rice, might last up to a week in the fridge, but potatoes are also good

>eating carbs: the food
Don't.

lentils are god tier food
my grandma was raised in egypt (her parents were missionaries) and she makes literally ungodly good lentils, ill try to start with those and ill ask for the recipe
literally why
what fucking memery is this now

Low carb high fat is better at literally everything except high-intensity, glycogen-dependent workouts and muscular pumps, which is just the water that surrounds the glycogen in the muscles. It leads to more muscle retention when cutting, more muscles and faster recovery when bulking, it increases oxygen efficiency (a free-diver can double the time the can hold their breath just by switching to keto, ketones are much more energy efficient tan glucose), reverses the onset of alzheimers, and all kinds of shit. Agriculture is literally the most cancerous meme on the planet. Literally.

It honestly sounds like you're squatting too much, try lower weight higher rep for a little bit and see if that helps.

Why do pretty much all the programs I see recommend 1x5 for deadlifts?

Is there no benefit to doing more that 1 set a day? Why?

eh, i dont doubt it but it's alot easier to just eat the carbs and im making good progress and not getting fat so yeah
i mean keto doesnt sound bad, just doesnt really work in my situation right now

Thats typically for beginners who know nothing and are prone to injury, just add sets as you see fit.

Fair enough, user.

t. dead at 40 by ass cancer and heart attack

If I do alot of anal can I have a buff sphincter? What would a buff sphincter look like? I want to be a drug mule so I can pay my tuition

How do I get other guys to stop grabbing my ass at the gym?

I tried to tell the receptionist but she laughed at me and I just finished my workout and left.

Wear basketball shorts u fgt and/or hor

How can I get cancer if cancer cells proliferate in the presence of glucose and I get my energy from ketones?

Also, I can't die at 40 if I'm 25 and getting raptured in 5 months.

>Low carb high fat is better at literally everything except

How does one get over their inability to pee around other people? Asking for a friend

Are you a guy? If so, post glutes. If not, post your bf's glutes.

Is glucose cancerous or is just cellular metabolism cancerous because that's how cells fucking work you fucking shit brain cock fgt fuck. How do you not realize ketones are literally toxic. Your brain gets energy from glucose not ketones. If all you have are ketone you have to ship it in from your ass hole cause that's where all your gains and consciousness now resides

I would link my sources but anyone who would respond to what I said that way is undoubtedly a faggot that would sy something stupid like ">Getting your information from youtube" despite the sources being cited in the video. So, fuck you. I don't even want you to git gud.

You'll be missing out on a whole bunch of micronutrients you would normally get from eating a rounded diet.

But technically sure, you could do what you're suggesting, but what outcome are you seeking?

Wrong. Not gonna derail the thread anymore.

>instead of showing my sources that are cited in the video, I just won't post any at all

Not that user but cancer cell metabolism is different from healthy cell metabolism, ketones aren't toxic, and your brain can use ketones. That being said the longest living populations in the world eat extremely high carb high fiber.

medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=11541

Just Kys low carb fgt shill

K you're right but why would I purposely make myself mentally slower?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/

My balls don't smell as pleasant as they used to (to be completely honest, they smell a bit like pussy). Anyone know a medical reason for that?

Shave your bussy and wear better underwear

Have you recently switched to a vegan diet?

I've strictly kept to the 5x5 routine for a while now.
A. Squat, Deadlift, The Press
B. Squat, Barbell rows, Bench press
ABABABx

I want to start incorporating isolation lifts and other ones but not sure which ones and in what routine.

So far I've considered dumbbell flies, leg extensions, and barbell curls. Can't really do chinups or dips unless I go an hour before closing because leglets always take all three of them up.

What do?

So no more boxer briefs?
Lmao nah

I was sick a few years back and ended up being bedridden for a long time. I lost a lot of muscle strength from inactivity. When I finally got well enough to exercise and lift again I found that I couldn't do much at all, I get tired and sore after just a few light sets and once that happens I tend to just give up. This has been going on for such a long time now I'm gaining even more body fat.
Motivation isn't too much on an issue because I don't want to look the way I do, I want to lose weight and I want to become stronger.
I'm just not quite at the point where I can actually start lifting again for a proper session.
This really gets me down, and I even struggle with body weight issues. I struggle to do a couple of push ups.
The only achievement I've had in almost 12 months is that I can now do one chin up.

What can I do Veeky Forums how can I get to the point where I can begin again.

As someone who has no idea about dating, love and being social and in addition depressed person, I went to a dancing course in order to force myself to interact with people and try to be less suicidal.
It was ok, learning my first chachacha, rumba, waltzer moves.
What I wonder is, how do I make my partners feel as comfortable as possible?
I know I am not self aware when it comes to body language and other things.
That's why I ask here.

Web are all autist here but basic things would be good body odor/personal higine, smile and face to face contac, looking in the eyes.

Good Luk

why do some people look fit as fuck like pro bodybuilders at lets say 5'8 150 pounds and I feel small at 170?

My very first time lifting at a gym yesterday. I think I went too far starting 10lbs with the barbell curls. My left arm is more bent than the other slightly. If I straighten it out it hurts a bit but keeping it held there is easy and painless.

Is this normal?

Also not a question but on the very first thing I tried to do (squats) someone gave me advice ("don't start right away dude make your heart run first get on the bicycle" "you don't need to unscrew those plates just pull them out"). That felt nice. Will make sure to do this for someone else in the future.

Someone please answer this, I know I'm a legit retard but what does 1/2/3/4 mean? Is it OHP, Bench, DL, Squat?

OHP, bench, squat, DL

135, 225, 315, 405.

Not eating is fine, but I would have a pre workout ready (or just a strong coffee) to chug as soon as you wake up so by the time you hit the gym the caffine is kicking in ready for you to go

What are the benefits of cold showers?

1x5 heavy deadlifts are fine, when they get heavy you will pray for the day you are only doing triples. That being said, light deadlifts for many reps (5x10) are a good way to nail down form and highlight imbalances without wrecking your shit. Try something like 5x10 at 40% of your max after doing 1x5

well height to weight, body fat percentage
yes

kek

Do I need to recomp a week going from bulking to cutting or just straight cut?

Here's a question... I used to lift, not super heavy or anything, but I enjoyed it and had the opportunity to go fairly often, did no cardio though. This ended like at the end of last year because of an injury that by now has gotten better, my joints are just a bit weak overall it seems. Anyway right now I can go again - twice a week max to the gym, and this time i'm also trying to include cardio ( like the rowing machine) because instead of muscles/numbers i want to aim for just better health overall which i havent had often... Last year I did count calories because I was trying to do some slow bulk etc. I'm not currently looking to gain weight but im not overweight or anything. The thing is, i havent lifted or done much physical sports at all this year and i went a few days ago and could barely do the empty bar on some things and was extremely sore for three days.. it was disheartening but i was also glad that im still trying to get better after getting so weak. Going again today. Trying to take it relatively slowly since i know i dont have very good health. So my question would be something like, do you guys think it's okay to not particularly count calories but still try to get protein adequately etc and just try to regain muscle tone and general strenght and overall get a bit healthier? Sorry if it's a bit hard to understand, english isn't my first language.

Just cut. Why would you even need to recomp?

Holy shit you're such a faggot

So it's 1plate/lmao2plate etc.?
How much lbs is one plate? (german, heaviest plates in my gym are 20kg)

I decided to stop being a fat, lazy fuck and try to get in decent shape. I don't plan on going hard at it or getting cut or anything, I just want to get to a healthy position, and I also wanted to learn a martial art.

If I'm out of shape and really weak, should I start working out and getting in shape as a prerequisite to martial arts so I'm not completely pathetic, or should I just go straight into the martial art as my means of getting in shape?

Ok thanks for the helpful input, hope you got something from that.

diet comes before anything else. martial arts are basically your own decision, as if you're serious about it you'll start getting fit from practice.

I know to recomp before bulk but that was 2 years ago and I want off this ride already

Yeah, my first priority was eating better and establishing some good habits before anything else, but I still want to do some kind of martial art.
The question was more, for starting up physical activities like martial arts or sports, is there any sort of minimum fitness required? Is there a point of being out of shape or weak where starting something up like martial arts would be a bad idea physically, or is it fine as long as I'm doing stuff and putting in the effort?