Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nvEop9e0yVw
harvardmagazine.com/2012/01/a-diabetes-link-to-meat
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15297079
youtube.com/watch?v=BtKP9qzIt0s&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

b-bump

Rephrase that in a less cringey/memey way and I'll answer.

youtube.com/watch?v=nvEop9e0yVw

>consuming shit loads of fat and saturated fat
>virtually no carbs
>eliminating fiber and tons of essential micronutrients
>increasing risk of diabetes, cancer, heart disease
>costs more too (meat is expensive in comparison to carb sources)

>mfw people think keto is good for you

Carbs are your friend, they are your body's preferred energy source. Your brain runs on glucose, and your muscles on glycogen which comes from carbs. Carbs contain (if you're eating the right ones) loads of fiber and vitamins and still have protein. Fuck Keto.

Why does keto get a bad wrap senpai?

just eat your fruits and veggies, and eat more often chicken, turkey and fish, not just red meat.

99.99% of people aren't going to do keto for life, it is way to restrictive. I lost like 50 lbs on it and it's fine for weight loss, but that's it imo.

>that video
lol

>eliminating fiber
you can have tons of fiber in a keto diet, it's insoluble so it doesnt get taken in as "carbs"

>increasing risk of diabetes
this one is entirely untrue, how does cutting out sugar and carbs increase risk of diabetes

(the science is still kind of out about the other two but some people theorize that cancerous tissue is accelerated by feeding on sugar)

>costs more

except you eat less. I can do keto groceries for $100-150 a month

you're a moron

because people are stupid and don't understand how it works

>keto
>no fiber

What?

>you're a moron

Not h but you're a moron. Eating a balanced diet is the answer, not meme diets like keto and veganism.

Different strokes for different folks, my man. For some people Keto works better than a traditional low-cal diet. Not saying that it is inherently "better" than any other calorie restriction, but it is an incredibly "your mileage may vary" type of thing

you realize fiber is a type of carb yeah?

>Didn't watch the video

Meat is as insulinogenic as pure sugar >harvardmagazine.com/2012/01/a-diabetes-link-to-meat

Also, yes, carbs are cheaper than meat. And I don't know where you plan to get an adequate amount of fiber without eating grains or fruits. The highest fiber foods ARE legumes (beans), grains (whole grain pasta, rice etc) and fruits. Which all contain carbs (which are good for you)

< is right, it can be useful for some peopel but if you dont develope good eating habits you will only end up yoyo dieting which is even worse than not dieting. Some people dont do well on it if they have a fast metabolism or have a high appetite for carbs.

Because most people who do keto make eggs, bacon, and salted meat the core of their diets. These things are high in saturated fat and generally unhealthy for the heart. Are you eating 80% vegetables and 20% meat? That's much healthier than the average diet

You can eat whatever kind of diet you want, as long as you follow some simple health guidelines, which have all been proven to be beneficial in reducing mortality

Reduce sugar
Reduce meat
Reduce simple carbohydrates
Increase fiber

Net carbs don't include fiber. Keto counts net carbs.

You wanna post some more recent studies? that video was from 2014 and that study was from 2012 and wasnt even tested in low-carb/keto style diets. You're aware that science changes over time, yeah?

You can get plenty of fiber from things like flaxseed/flaxmeal, avocados, dark leafy vegetables, etc. all of these things are recommended

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/

>"A low-carbohydrate diet based on animal sources was associated with higher all-cause mortality in both men and women, whereas a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates."

Yeah, science changes, but I'm referencing things less than 10 years old. That's not that big of a difference

isn't the target carbs for keto less than 20? how the fuck are you going to eat any food with fiber while keeping carbs below 20, or do you take a supplement

The guidelines for keto are usually 20 grams "net" carbs but up to 50 grams "total" carbs (including fiber and such)

Fiber is not processed in your body, it's insoluble, so it just passes through you and does not get treated like a "regular" carbohydrate

There's also quite a lot of study going on now or that has gone on that claims the opposite of what you're saying, plus it seems like a general improvement in quality of life for lots of people who do it right.

there are a lot of things to consider as well because there are multiple types of "fat" to consider here and each of them can affect a body differently

I get that but I feel like its impossible to get 25-30g of fiber (RDA) without going over 20g of net carbs in the process and taking a supplement isn't good enough when it comes to fiber hence while on a keto diet you are most likely not getting enough fiber if you truly are sticking to the net carb rule

Take an avocado, for example. a 1 cup serving has 12 grams of total carbs. 10 of those are fiber.

Or 1 tablespoon of flaxseed/meal has 3 grams of carbs and 2.8 of those are from fiber

It's really easy to hit once you know what foods to look for

forgot to mention, those are also both high fat foods that are good for keto

meme diet for people with no self control because it discourages cheating since cheating will completely ruin ketosis

>no self control
>one of the most restrictive diets

alright then

This fat faggot is mad cuz keto works and he doesn't have the discipline to stay on it

>vegan
>"""""gains""""

>this one is entirely untrue, how does cutting out sugar and carbs increase risk of diabetes

Because diabetes isn't just "you ate too much sugar and now your insulin doesn't work." Fat, particularly saturated fat, lowers your insulin sensitivity.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15297079

>2012
>2014
>wanna post more recent studies? science changes over time

>There's also quite a lot of study going on now or that has gone on that claims the opposite of what you're saying

Post them, we'll read them

it works, but not necessarily any better than a regular balanced diet.

keto attracts nothing but lardasses who couldn't stick to a normal diet

>keto
>discipline

The appeal of keto is eating cheese and bacon all day. That's why it's popular with morbidly obese people.

Fucking vegans....

>thinks hes getting on a cancer preventive diet
>eats nothing but processed meat and lard all day
>dies of colon cancer at 28

Check out this playlist I made. Shortest videos first. youtube.com/watch?v=BtKP9qzIt0s&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj&index=1

Details a lot of great benefits with neat visuals.

>Why do people say it's not safe?

Because they are vocal late-adopters. I bet they still think the earth is a globe too.

>tons of essential micronutrients

Never heard of organ meat, nigger? It's essential to a well-formulated ketogenic diet, which one should assume is being talked about if you're gonna decry it.

>Rails against keto
>Doesn't actually know what keto is

Yup. That checks out.

Body processes fiber as an aside from carbs. Keto technically tracks net carb intake.

You should still track your total carb intake (keep it under 50g total, with fiber) but 20g NET intake is best.

Go read that.. one fit dude's dissertation on keto. McDonald or something? Really great.

Ever heard of eating liver without falling for the keto meme? You should try it, it's pretty fun to have efficient energy.

15.5g carbs per day, poo fine.

I think it's because I have a morning coffee and arvo coffee and coffee makes me shit

What do you think this converstion is about?

It isn't about how you can only eat organ meat if you're on keto. It's about eating organ meat on keto will preclude most if not all perceived micronutrient deficiencies that should result from eating keto.

Ketogenic is a fucking meme, its not ideal and only reason why you should do it is if you are fat as fuck. I did it for 6 months time and i wish i never did it, muscle felt flat, felt like shit and honestly i was convincing myself that i was feeling better when in actuality i was not.

I've got a hefty slab of organ meat for you to swallow.

i lost 30 lbs and counting (from 180 --> 150) since 1/30 on doing nothing but leg exercises and keto, there is no energy to do anything to do anything but cardio since I also have 16 credit hours of hard shit to take a day

keto keeps you full by eating fat and only vegetabls that grow above the ground.

>organ meat

So you can overdose on copper while the keto diet rapes your arteries

I did Keto for 2 months
Lost 30 pounds. Ate a fuck ton of dark leafy greens. Got 80% of my proteins from nuts and plants. The rest was fish and a little bit of grass fed beef. Supplemented a few key micro nutrients. I was on a 500 calorie deficit and doing intermittent fasting. I felt like a fucking champ, had plenty of energy and I could outwork everyone.

Don't listen to all these jackasses that say All you do is eat bacon and cheese. Keto is like every other diet, you have to be very disciplined and stick with it. Everyone is different though you have to do what works for you.

Yo is mcnuggets keto?

>>increasing risk of diabetes
Because diabetes is caused by fat and not sugar you uneducated retard. Tell me how eating a shitton of the unhealthiest food we know of (meat and dairy products) is healthy?

>Restricting, removing and limiting food groups and foods is generally considered stupid by the majority of nutritionists
>It removes a huge source of important nutrients and minerals
>It removes the primary source of fibre in a standard diet
>It removes the primary source of calories and energy in a standard diet
>It doesn't provide any benefit for weight loss over a standard calorie deficit, other than perhaps satiety
>Tends to promote processed meats as healthy, primarily bacon which is the leading food on the planet with causal links to cancers
>Tends to promote large amounts of saturated fat as healthy
>Tends to promote a self righteous idiotic elitism and belief that it's better than other diets

It has a few pros but it's nothing special and low carb diets in various flavours have been around for a lot longer than keto.

McNuggets are packed full of sugar and starch

Maybe, if you ate less than 3

You think it doesn't take discipline to eat cheese and bacon all day? Try it and see how long you last.

>the unhealthiest food we know of (meat and dairy products)

mom get off of Veeky Forums

Now that there are enough replies ITT, i want you to note how many peer reviewed studies have been posted that prove that a keto diet is more effective than a regular balanced diet
I'll help you. Zero, because keto is a meme.
Seriously. Keto is an excuse from fatties to eat bacon and butter, while the caloric deficit takes care of weight loss.
It's not *keto* that works. It's a caloric deficit.
If you want to lose weight by eating red meat, eggs and bacon every day, be my guest. But please don't claim it is healthy or more effective somehow. And if you do, post source.

>keto diet is more effective than a regular balanced diet
I'm the guy showing the many cons of keto, but this is naive at best. The single funded study that has been done on keto showed no benefit for weight loss over standard caloric deficit, exactly as you'd expect, that was never in question (other than by a few retarded keto devouts) but that doesn't mean shit in regards to what keto is actually for.

Shitting on keto for its many limitations is fine. Shitting on keto because you misinterpret the results of a clinical study isn't.

>If you want to lose weight by eating red meat, eggs and bacon every day, be my guest. But please don't claim it is healthy or more effective somehow. And if you do, post source.
Since you took the time to misinterpret study results, you can google the various studies showing that both fat and protein are more satiating over short time windows relative to eating habits, this has been known for longer than keto has been around.

Fuck you for making me defend keto, but your post was stupid enough to warrant it

If fibre doesn't count as carbs what's the point in eating it?

Health, same as any nutrient

>I agree with your point but I have to refute it because I love being an obnoxious smartass
What the fuck are you even talking about
>If water has zero macronutrients why drink it lmao

keeps your digestion running smoothly (the high fat content of keto can lead to some poop issues, fiber solves all of them, just dont overdo it)

also it's an essential nutrient

there is genuinely NO reason for a normal heathy person to go on keto unless they have insulin resistance or fibromyalgia etc. the weight loss is almost all water being that glycogen holds 4x its weight in water and keto depetles your glycogen, because of that your workouts will also suffer.

Only negative on keto is that I wake up dehydrated often.

Oh and I poop every few days instead of daily.

Why has it become a common trend to go against science? Either that or no one does research.

welcome to acidosis

don't worry tho, alkaline/acid food's pseudoscience *eyeroll*

You take me telling you you're a mistaken idiot as agreeing with you? And I'm the smart ass?

You have issues kid, and you're dumb. Winning combo.

Hey, Virgin Gains. Shouldn't you be working on saving your Youtube channel?

>acidosis
I do the strips daily and it's nowhere near that dark red ketone excretion.

>
>>keto diet is more effective than a regular balanced diet
>I'm the guy showing the many cons of keto, but this is naive at best. The single funded study that has been done on keto showed no benefit for weight loss over standard caloric deficit, exactly as you'd expect, that was never in question (other than by a few retarded keto devouts)
So far you agree with me. Am i wrong?
> but that doesn't mean shit in regards to what keto is actually for.
What is it for then, mind enlightening us?
>you misinterpret the results of a clinical study
Curious, which one? You didn't post any.
>>If you want to lose weight by eating red meat, eggs and bacon every day, be my guest. But please don't claim it is healthy or more effective somehow. And if you do, post source.
>Since you took the time to misinterpret study results,
>But I still won't post source lol

> you can google the various studies showing that both fat and protein are more satiating
1)
This doesn't contrast with what I said.
2)
The same VOLUME of fat/protein is more satiating then carbs, but there are many high carb foods with low overall caloric density.
I'll break it down further so you can understand it
500 kcal of baked potatoes (carbs) or beans (carbs + protein) is more satiating than 500 kcal of chicken thighs. Of course, this is not the case for 500 kcal of pasta, but that's not what my post was about.
>Fuck you for making me defend keto, but your post was stupid enough to warrant it
I still don't see how we our points differ (you explicitly admitted that keto isn't more effective for weight loss than a regular diet as long as the same caloric deficit is maintained)
It's really ironic how I am the one with issues yet you are sperging out on an anonymous Mongolian basket weaving forum. Cut down on the PWO and get a social hobby.

My daily TDEE was about 30 % higher on keto faget.

Most fat is water, you need to lose that water. Water weight is a total meme

if you are obese then sure, but for anyone wanting to lose ~30 or less pounds there's no reason to go on keto, especially because someone in that range needs to focus on lifting. i think putting obese people on 1200 calories keto diets is fine, or any other extreme diet, but only because they're obese, it really just depends on where you're starting from.

>Since you took the time to misinterpret study results, you can google the various studies showing that both fat and protein are more satiating over short time windows relative to eating habits, this has been known for longer than keto has been around.
Fat is by far the least satiating macronutrient. This has been known for a long time and isn't controversial in the literature. Protein is most satiating according to a large body of research, although there is some nuance required. Legumes are more satiating than meat, for example. Legumes are high-protein among plant-foods, but high-carb in relation to animal foods.
I'm talking about actual, real satiety, which covers up to 48 hours, not gimmicky bullshit like the 2-hour satiety score. Carbs also foster leptin sensitivity, which is why only carb-based diets yield long-term results.

You do Keto till you are sub 200 then you do a normal diet. Rocket science and such

Fat might not be the most satiating, but eating a high fat diet so your body uses ketones as fuel will greatly reduce your hunger.

>keto
>eat as much cheese, meat and eggs as you wish
>a good and healthy diet

I've been living off nothing but chicken breasts and some white fish for the last two months with IF.

How long before I die, doc?

>Sugar gets mass produced
>People start getting diabetes
>Everything people ate before then is the problem

If you do it right and carefully it's fine. If you're doing it half-assed it's bad. If you're sloppy it will fuck you up.

>only one thing in the world can be unhealthy, I've pointed out that this thing is sugar, and proven that nothing else is unhealthy.
>also diabetes is the only disease or health problem
>oh shit better slide a bit o' that naturalistic fallacy in there

Stop being gullible, for your own good. Especially with things that are easy to look up.

Bacon diet worked for me.

>note how many peer reviewed studies have been posted that prove that a keto diet is more effective than a regular balanced diet
>I'll help you. Zero
Case in point.

Forever, if you throw in some greens and basic fats (olives, nuts).

>>>/tumblr/

I do keto and I know people who are on a keto diet and eat like this. One lady I know ate this and "keto shakes" almost exclusively. She tried teaching me about keto and ended up in the hospital two weeks later

You still gotta eat healthy on keto. I'm basically not eating breads but I still eat these things daily

1 avocado
2 cups broccoli
3 cups spinach
1/4 cup of walnuts, pecans, pistachios

And I'm still in keto. That's a bunch of carbs right there. It's just not shitty processed sugar carbs.

Also salmon, coconut oil, butter, cheese, chicken, steaks.

No beer, no bread, no potatoes

People don't understand cycling keto tho. Sometimes I start feeling pretty tired and I go and eat a fuck ton of carbs for a day or two and then restart keto, making sure to supplement magnesium and potassium when I'm going back into keto.

It's way easier to cook on a keto diet, it's easier for me bc I don't like gorging myself on food so I can eat less and still hit my calories, and I can shop way less often bc nuts and cheese take a while to go bad so my grocery list is spinach broccoli and steak or whatever. Pretty simple

Tldr; bread isn't that good for you

People who do this end up in hospitals. Bacon is still not good for you. Cheese is okay in moderation. It's just dairy which people get in breads and other shit.

You still gotta eat healthy on keto for it to he effective. These idiots seeing me with my pecans and walnuts like "bro there's all you can eat bacon over there!! Why you eating that?!" are going to die bc they convince themselves that bacon grease is healthy bc it fits their macros. It's super fucking annoying to me. I like meat and cheese and spinach and avocados so this diet is ideal for me. Also I like beer too much so this helps keep that in check. If I didn't like meat and I liked seeet potatoes and zucchini more, I'd be on a totally different diet. It's preference mixed with results. It's not better or worse. Same logic, I know fat vegetarians bc Oreos and Twix are vegetarian. Most vegetarians understand their diet better than these people just like keto people understand what's up better than the stupid examples used here to discourage people