Bulking/Cutting Discussion

Ok Veeky Forums I have been wondering about the point of bulking and cutting for long periods of time (3 months)

Wouldn't you achieve the same results without putting too much stress in your body and looking like shit by just repeating this process every month / 2 weeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

brobible.com/life/article/skinny-bro-lifts-11-months-straight-18-pounds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As a skele that looks similar to the guy on the left.. You are telling me I'm going to become the guy on the middle after a bulk..?

bulking and cutting for months on end is a meme

as long as you're gaining muscle and losing fat (seeing results), who cares what you do

Zyzz did the mini bulk/cut cycle you mention. of course he was on the juice

What is the recommended bulk cut cycle time? Gonns start my first bulk after my birthday in a couple of weeks, down 100+ lbs. I figure is do a 400cal surplus and gain about .5lbs a week for 5 months, so 10lbs and then cut for 10 weeks at 1lb a week. Thoughts?

I'm triggered by him standing closer in the cut pic

What's the time ratio that you should usually expect in a cyle?
For example, do bulking and cutting periods last the same? Is one shorter/longer than the other?

Yes, happened with me

Do I need to recomp a week going from bulking to cutting or just straight cut?

Seems to me he dirty bulked, so he developed more fat than someone who was to clean bulk. But either way, you still gain fat on bulk. That's why people cut after a bulk.

Clean bulking is like being abstinent in an orgy
Yeah it's healthy for you, but your missing out on all the fun

I know I look shitty but I really don't know what to do with my diet right now, I just don't want to remain at this point right now.

Should I bulk or cut?

Obviously not flexing, relaxed body

if you cut you'll look okay
but i recommend bulking for next summer

I went from 175 to 215 now I'm down to 199 but I still have a pretty large amount off fat on my midsection only but the rest of me is lean. I'm 5'11 what do I do?? Should I keep losing or try and build more core muscle

>repeating this process

NO
That's not how bulking/cutting is supposed to work.

1. If you're skinny, slowly bulk up ~10 lbs over your FFMI = 25 weight. Then gently cut until you're aesthetic.

2. If you're fat, start lifting now and slowly cut until you're at your maximum FFMI weight, then just eat maintenance and improve your body composition over time.

Unless you compete in weight class sports or use steroids, you should not have the fucking endless cut/bulk cycles that skinnyfats on Veeky Forums talk about. Just get to your fucking goal weight and stay there while trying to get stronger and bring up weak points.

It lasts until you reach your goal, not an arbitrary period of time.

Post pic. At 5' 11" and 199, you can either look like a fat piece of shit, or you can look pretty built.

I'm 5' 11" and 190 lbs, but I deadlift 585 lbs. That's different than being 5' 11" and 190 and still spamming "SS vs SL" threads on Veeky Forums.

I'm actually doing cardio at the gym right now so I don't have any full body pics but I do have this, this is just upper body. I'll take another when I'm back at home

Also I was over weight as a kid and teen so my midsection skin is bad could that be part of it too?

Do you mean bulking after this summer to look good next summer (2018)?

>2. If you're fat, start lifting now and slowly cut until you're at your maximum FFMI weight, then just eat maintenance and improve your body composition over time.
I'd rather be skinny with little muscle than less fat with a lot of muscle

Bulk until you hate yourself.
Cut until you hate life

That's a personal preference, and that's fine. But be aware that most people prefer the more muscular man. Being a muscular looking dude with 18-20% bf is generally preferable to being a skinnyfat/skinny twink with sagging skin and no muscle.

oh yeah I know, but I've had a gut my whole life and fucking hate it. I want it gone ASA-fucking-P. I'll still lift and whatnot but fuck that slow bullshit. I absolutely hate cutting and want it over as fast as I can possibly make it without getting dangerous.

Yes.

sometimes you just gotta do what sates your mind. let yourself be at peace. do a cut.

I'm already on it. Was doing really really well from about November-February and then got an injury that forced me to stop lifting for about 2 weeks. I went out of town one of those weeks and when I got back I got really fucking lazy. I'm still kicking myself because I almost broke 170 lbs which would've been my lowest weight ever.

I gained back at-least 8 lbs since then and am still fucking angry. At-least I'm back at the gym and didn't lose too much strength, I guess.

Holy fucking shit did someone hit his chest with an axe?
that focken opening

I don't get it, how do people lose nearly 30 pounds but end up looking bigger?

If you're not doing roids don't even bother

Clean bulks should be the only thing you worry about

>>For example, do bulking and cutting periods last the same? Is one shorter/longer than the other?
Zyzz didn't know how to eat or lift properly, he just blasted as much steroids as he could

Why the fuck do you people glorify that Zyzz faggot??

If you glorify Zyzz you're a beta cunt that belongs in a yoga class

He's just leaner

So is this sack of flesh a lost cause or is there some iota of hope for my pathetic ass? Been trying for years feels like wasted time desu.

I like how his necklace also increased in size yet maintains the same design

his necklace was bulking

Hi I ate some Hakka noodles the other night and the Hakka poo Is become stuck for two day with no poo but when I went toilet to the Hakka noodles came out easily.

Why is this ?

Well for one you could stop this stupid self-loathing.
Flex your brain out of betafaggotry ffs

Also maybe don't take lifting advices from random people on the net and instead seek a nutritionist and a personal trainer.
If you lift the right way from now to the day you die there's no way you won't look good.

Also this is unrelated but your bathroom grandma-style is triggering me hard as fuck.

>Trying for years
No you haven't the fuck, literally just follow any popular beginner routine and you'll see results in like 3 months

It's my girlfriend's house and how the fuck could anyone with my body not be self-loathing LOL? Try wallking a mile in my leathery fucking shoes. Also I did the whole personal trainer shit years ago and was never satisfied desu.

This guy's 6'2" and all he did was eat a lot for a couple months and this is what happened

What is your point? How does this relate to me?

wrong.
the lifted for a couple of months... got a better camera and better taste in sport brands so it's like 3 win in 1
also tell Jess i wanna bang her

Because you claim you have "been trying for years" yet you haven't explained anything you tried. The point is this guy transformed himself in less than a year so you can too

Nigga i used to be 120kg at 178cm (that's 264lb at 5'11'' for you).
You sure don't have any idea what it feels like to be a walking hamplanet.

Thank God for bullies.
anywho, i got better, doing normie routines.

One thing is sure, being a crying bitch about this surely won't help.

Get real.

Try waking up to this in the mirror every morning and living a normal life and having any confidence whatsoever. You have no idea what kind of hell it is to be like this every day of my fucking life. I did a regimen of lifting and hit every muscle group including my abs and the best I could do was a 4 pack, shit sucks. I ran 4 miles every day as well for cardio. Prior to that I had a pt who targeted my problem areas with a lifting program and put me on a custom diet and the results were the same guess there's no going back sometimes.

Here's a (You)

that's what you really want

over and out.

dude is on roids... that beard doesn't come out for east asians... its forced

No I want to know if this can even be remedied without a plastic fucking surgeon. If all I wanted was attention I would post on facebook. Clearly whatever I was doing or what my PT had me doing did NOT cut it so maybe a surgical knife is the only thing that will.

how long has it been since you lost the weight? how thin are you, could you post a full body shot?

>wasting money on surgery when you could just use scissors and tape

"im gonna eat some tuna and go to bed"

-zyzz after a night of partying from some video

brobible.com/life/article/skinny-bro-lifts-11-months-straight-18-pounds/

Seems like what he did was bulk until he was a bit fat, then cut.

I look almost similar to him on his 'skinny' stage, except I'm currently 130lbs.

My plan is to go to 155lb, then cut from there. Is it any good?

This is why i started bulking when I hit the gym instead of cutting when i first joined even though I went from 220 to 250lb(18 months).

I've started cutting now, we will see what's what in 6-9 months time.

There is no fun in becoming a fatass and then going through the suffering of cutting after that man.

now THAT'S gyno