How the fuck does Veeky Forums stay motivated...

How the fuck does Veeky Forums stay motivated? Especially when shit as simple as trying to cook/eat healthy meals is made hair pulling frustrating by roommates?

I constantly fluctuate from surges of "I can do this." to "Fuck it" after waking up to a dirty kitchen and my car blocked in, so I can't make it to the gym. How the fuck do you keep the drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

fiverr.com/s2/a42458040b
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you sound like the kind of person that says that they will become fit and then go back to the same old life and diet.

being fit is your life now.

Check this out dude.

fiverr.com/s2/a42458040b

Some people were just meant to succeed in life.
People who succeed chase accomplishments like a drug.

>I constantly fluctuate from surges of "I can do this." to "Fuck it"

That's the key, you homo. It's not easy, it's hard. Anything worth doing is hard, especially when you're getting started (you didn't say you were new, but I'm just assuming you're new-ish).

Motivation is bullshit, plain and simple. You think after a day of hunting humans and suplexing boulders, that I'm "motivated" to go to the gym and workout? Fuck no, I wanna go home and lay on the couch, maybe jerk it and then watch Japanese cartoons (Or do the two simultaneously, idk). But I do it anyway, because it's not about if I want to do it or not. It's not about motivation. It's about determination.

I'm determined to get strong, and I'm determined to be different from everyone else I know. No, I'm not the only person that lifts weights. I'm also not saying that I'm the strongest person in the underground (or even in my gym). But my goals are A) To eventually be the strongest person at least in my gym, but also B) to always be stronger and better than I was yesterday.

I'm not motivated, because motivation is fleeting. Determination to achieve your goals, and change your life, is permanent, as long as you try hard enough.

We're all gonna make it, you just have to STAY DETERMINED.

You my friend have enlightened me

Well said brother

Prepare 14 meals every sunday you whining faggot. Chicken and rice.

I lift for revenge

Make bets with friends . Im currently training so i dont lose.

I lift so I can kill someone if I need to

how about tubbles yabitch

Shut up Rebecca

Whenever I think about slipping in a candy bar or going over my calories for the day I think about how much of a loser I think I am and how if I lose weight and meet my fitness goals then I won't think I'm as much of a loser.

I've had things happen to me in this life that have left me with tremendous anger inside that can never be redeemed. It's always under the surface, bubbling, stewing. Guys like you are pleasure-oriented. You're easily overwhelmed, you're easily frustrated because you meme yourself and then build your whole world around how much distance remains between you and your little memes. You set goals for yourself, you make proclamations, and then you think attaining those goals constitutes "making it." You'll lose weight, you'll bench a plate, you'll get your 5/10 meme gf, and then you "made it" and will go back to being a disgusting piece of shit. Because that's what feels good to you. That's what's comfy. That's who you are. But there are guys like me out there who've been taught that there is no such thing as making it.

just bike to the gym, lardass.

edgy

live close to your gym or work close to a gym, get healthy food at work, keep a gym bag w/ clothes under desk (that you clean of course). ???

And why the fuck are you cooking at home? That shit's painful. If you're going to cook at home, save yourself the hassle and cook fish b/c it takes 2 seconds to cook and doesn't take like chicken.

>tfw nothing can bring back my dad, my friends, a version of me that isn't full of sorrow, or a life that hasn't been fucked more times than I care to count.
At least the burn of lactic acid offers some sort of catharsis.

>He hasn't heard of gunpowder
I'll trade you a stick that shoots fire for a dozen of tribes prettiest women.

THIS

newbs need to be motivated, serious people fucking grind

Life is a zero sum game, if you want something you will do whatever it takes to get the job done. If you kinda want it, or sort of want it, but not enough to invest time and energy over it you will never be successful. I could you the most incredible gym equipment and personal trainers and meals laid out for you but if you don't really want to become fit, you won't be as successful as a guy who works out in the children's playground doing dips and pullups on the monkeybars while having a budget of only $10 a week to eat food with.

chill out nigger you ain't country

You don't deserve to be fit.

you dont question it, you just do it regardless of how you feel.

never rely on motivation, fuck.. i have no motivation. i just fucking lift man, i wanna get YUGE and STRONK. that requires DEDICATION. CONSISTENCY. EFFORT.

hey.. maybe youre just not cut out for this shit..... pussy

when i was a kid i tried lifting and quit after a couple months multiple times.

but now.. i have a car, i have money and i have freedom to do shit. so now i have no excuses.

what else am i gonna do with my life.. fucking play video games and watch tv? HELL NAH SON! fuck all that waste of time bullshit.

my priorities are WEIGHTS, FOOD, MONEY AND PUSSY. everything else comes after.

>How the fuck does Veeky Forums stay motivated?
Set goals.

I look myself in the mirror everytime i feel like giving up

I always get annoyed at myself if I skip a session. Especially when those 2 hours wasted were spent masturbating and watching shit on TV

I need the endorphins of a good workout after a long day of sedentary office work. I feel tense and generally shitty if I don't do my workout.

Iron Will & Discipline > Motivation. Motivation is a fickle whore of a muse. Do not rely on her.

Motivation? Fighting for my goals is just my way of life. What else are you suppose to do everyday?

If you find yourself lacking motivation when a spanner is thrown into the works then do this:

Ensure you still go to the gym, but don't work out. If your car is blocked in then find a new route using a bus or bike. Go into the gym and use the toilet. But don't work out. But you must go and must not make excuses. You now have built a new habit for going to the gym without a car. It will be less of a mental obstacle next time. Only bite off what you can chew otherwise you will quit and do nothing.

One solution to the kitchen problem is to buy a pressure cooker and put it in your bedroom. You can easily live with an instant pot and a freezer off Craigslist and one bowl knife and fork.

Mmmm Just cut my wrists on this post feels so gooood

Staying fit is just a habit. I enjoy running/lifting as it relaxes me. Makes me feel I'm doing something necessary for myself. If I don't take care of myself I feel misaligned and my focus will then be to correct it. Lol

Now that this habit is fixed, time to move on to the next feather in the cap.

As an user said before, its not about motivation.
Its about doing it. Its hard. Its tiring. It takes sacrifice.
But if you do it, you will realize, that now you do something in life. Something for you. Knowing, that what you are doing is slowly, but surely pushing you towards your genetic limit, is one of the best things i have felt in my life.
Its an honor. Thousands of years of evolution to perfect our human bodies. It is a blessing that we live in these bodies, and its our DUTY to keep in the best physical shape possible. Its not work. Its grace.

recently turned 18?

I just imagine what my life will be like with and without working out

It doesn't look appealing

this and discipline

The days when I don't feel like going are the days that matter most so I definitely go

use the bathroom to wash your plates etc and keep it all in your own room
i resorted to that and desu i liked it as i was always sure of my stuff
one girl said it was disgusting but i finally dropped some balls and told her and the rest of the people in the room that in fact they and the kitchen were disgusting; they didnt improve but didnt mess with me anymore

>How the fuck does Veeky Forums stay motivated?
>How the fuck do you keep the drive?

I don't, I just lift anyway

I actually want to reach my goals so that is a huge thing. Not wanting it for a status thing but truly wanting to lift for strength, physique and enjoying lifting.

I maintain discipline. When something bad happens I am still set on lifting and make my effort to do it.

BRRAAAAAAAAAAP WHERE IS THIA FROOM

I like talking to cute girls and they like talking to cute guys so I should be a cute guy.

and also I like when my body looks pretty because it gives me a confidence boost.

discipline

this has literally ONLY erotic value

This. I'm a fatboy beginner but I love seeing and feeling my new muscles develop.

Also there's a bunch of 7s, 8s and 9s at the gym. I'm not gonna see those at work or school routinely.

>I've had things happen to me in this life that have left me with tremendous anger inside that can never be redeemed

Get better roommates.

Also getting a home-gym was the best decision of my life.

>shit as simple as trying to cook/eat healthy meals is made hair pulling frustrating by roommates?
You should always be looking to improve and optimize your life. Learn about nutrition and cooking and make simple meals in bulk. I make rice for days, beans for days, oats for days, I've got bulk frozen fruit and veg in the freezer, etc.