>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SkdlEMbVCxM
youtube.com/watch?v=WD1h2bSH1eY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility after each set

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

>Stretching

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4BCCD448B44C4B8233A2E9BD7388246306C47B3D&dn=Middle%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48E4BFE7D564ABB65DF2D4408EDC2A271F860D77&dn=Bridge
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D69E1D9C667B31244307E6E4FDD9E487EEC3AF48&dn=Front%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:07C5D57728C3D73B0C982063330C49729E9AF1E6&dn=Shoulder

From last thread
>pic related
I think you are using your abs too early, more specifically your back should be more paralel to the ground before you start lifting your legs, also your chin should be farther from the chest, found a great slow motion of backflip
youtube.com/watch?v=SkdlEMbVCxM

We you v&nned, OP?

No clue what you wanted to say, champ

The other day I had a person tell me you can't build muscle with bodyweight training, it's only possible with barbells and dumbbells. I was at a lost for words cause the dude was chubby and said he started lifting a month ago.

at which point you counter by asking him to do a push up, since bodyweight requires no muscles

eh I think you still need to get your head lower before you flip

Does greasing the groove work for push ups?

It seem to work for my pull up. My pull ups went from 3 to 6, so I was wondering if it would work for push ups.

My max rep for push ups is about 45 right now.

foundation progression works

Exactly. I went with the your muscles don't know the difference between the weight from barbells and the weight of your body, they just know weight.

I should have also said, "Yeah man, that's why those gymnasts are so scrawny, no muscle mass what so ever.

nah he can counter that by saying
>they still lift weights

gtg works for any exercise. I do it for my front lever work

Okay looking at the chart.. I have literally no idea what I'm looking at. I just want to improve my push ups zz.

you can do two things
>1
If you want to train for endurance, do 60 rep progression
>2
If you want to train your triceps, move on to more difficult variation, like dips

Nike Jordan?

>If you want to train for endurance, do 60 rep progression

Yeah my target is 60 reps. I'm not trying to gain strength or anything, that comes from lifting. But I want to do 60 reps, how should I progress on it? I can do 45 max now, I was thinking of doing gtg and just do 20 push ups every 15 minutes or so and increasing every week

dick in that butt

*facepalm*
look, I'll say it for the third time, S-L-O-W-L-Y this time, OK?
Look at this post see the pciture? On the right there's "MASTERY TEMPLATED" the very first one reads as 60sec/60rep one, see it? top right corner?
now, since you can do 45, I suggest you start with week 5, do it mon/wed/fri

They might lift SOME weights but 90% of their work is from them training the movement patterns to develop their skill

normie will not believe you, user, especially one who says that only lifting stuff builds muscle and not bw

thanks, so to get more parallel would you say trying to go up with my arms more to really pike out?

it looks like i stop mine partway up compared to that

I just think you need to arch your back more and fling your head back, was watching a few gymnastics videos and they all seem to be doing it, while you just curl into a ball and force your rotation. Seems like you lean a bit and then get 'stuck' until your legs carry your roll over. All the videos with correct form I've seen, people lean back almost to around 120 degrees, basically when your ankles are off the ground of your shin length, your back should already be close to parralel to ground, good example here
youtube.com/watch?v=WD1h2bSH1eY
As the dude explains, you swing your arms, lean back and then use legs to kick off and abs to roll over

Ok I just went outside and tried a few flips leaning back more.
Can say I didn't land as clean, but had an easier time finding the ground when I came down.
Will try a little higher and more lean when I can get a spot.

I still think you are holding your chin too close to your chest, perhaps you are afraid of hitting your head on the ground and subconsciously trying to protect your head. But looks cleaner now.

Rewatch video from start at 35s and put speed to 0.25, comparing to you, you stop year hands too early as well, you might be wasting some momentum there

found a good picture of what I was talking about, I think pic related would be 'perfect' position to start bringing your knees in

the dude looks like a beast and he probably isn't doing a tucked back flip, found a good sequence

What is greasing the groove?

Has anyone here tested his strength by lifting?
If yes, what is your current BW routine? How much did you lift?

Bonus question: favorite BW exercise?

Last thread ended
I wanted to ask
What are SL progresions? And how effectively do they train lower back?

Yes it definitely does.
Ignore the foundation shill.

I want to buy rings. Any good product you guys know off? What should I look for?

Check thenx

low rep/intensity, high frequency throughout the day

Can't find their products on amazon.it

I'm greasing the groove on pushups. I used to be solid and strong ottermode about 2 years back, hoping to regain a bit of that strength. What should I expect?

morning

The same results, unless you decide to up the intensity.

Are sideway planks really good for the back?
I've been doing them as one of my back exercises. I managed to go from 30 seconds on each arm to about 50-60 seconds (for the first set at least). Anyone else doing them?

I just searched for gymnastic rings in google and got results from local shops. Bought the first one that I saw with reasonable price. It's some sort of plastic, it says it's high quality, but what the hell do I know about plastic. Anyway the thing works just fine, but usually people say that wooden rings are better. In my opinion there is no difference other than aesthetics. I don't think it's possible to buy "bad" rings. It's just a ring. Get them cheap.

Don't you feel it? Which muscles get tired when you do them? It should be the obliques.

Mine are plastic and work just fine. Unless you want to pay a shitton for wood its really the best choice. I suggest you get chalk as you become more advanced but as a beginner it doesnt matter. You can also wrap tape around it if you want.

wood rings are only needed for the actual gymnastics event "rings", it's better for grip when doing the swinging tricks. Plastic ones are fine for doing the strength exercises.

t. former gymnasticsfag

Yeah, my obliques are sore every time. But let me tell you, they don't hurt as much as that feel when no gf

>but what the hell do I know about plastic
Prolly brought a pair of squares made of compressed used red solo cups.

Yeah I am a beginner - at Elevated Rows from the Foundation shit. What moves do you need chalk for?

An actual gymnasticsfag. What do you think about Foundation? Some people in here hate it, but is it because it's shilled hard or does it actually suck. Btw I'd like to hear everything about your gymnastics past, since that's what I am going for. But if you don't have the time... are there any tips you could give us, tips that make you think
>Man, I wish I knew this when I first started this.

I hope this girl motivates you to teach me.

I started to need chalk when i was doing front rolls. Even muscle ups i always did them without chalk. But its really hard on forearms to hold a false grip rep after rep.

>tfw haven't even learned the grips

I read some article about them, tried the false grip once and continued with my workout. And after that I forgot about the grips - I think there were 3 of them. Do I need to dedicate some time to just learning them? How did you learn them?

All i know is the regular grip(how you would normally grip the bar, most efficient as well) and the false grip(wrist above the bat)
I just started using false grip for muscle ups until i finally got one.

This. Do enough muscle ups and false grip will eventually come naturally to you.

>Check out thread
>It seems almost everyone is a beginner
Really makes you think....

Memes aside, how do I best incorporate handstand skill work and hollow holds / L sit progression into a lifting regime?

Obvious answer is on rest days but I'm wondering it there's more to it, advice is appreciated.

has anyone got some (useful) resources on improving mobility, especially for handstands and manna progressions. i've never found a cohesive source for this; its usually meme tier foam rolling and some basic ineffectual stretching bullshit

I would advise to check handstand foundation.

I know it has been said multiple times but still it has a lot of very useful elements and presents a very effective progression.

The routine has a 1-day/week program which you could fill somewhere inside your training. Another solution is to split the 5 main progressions and do 1 each day of lifting.

Alright, thanks.
So specifically we're talking about "Handstand 1"?

Im not a beginner

PE4,5 and 6 look weird as fuck

Yeah, it has 5 main progressions. WP, FKP, WR, FTP and HS.

What you might do is to split them up and fill them into the less heavy training days. Or if you feel like it, do all 5 of them on the same day.

Work on mobility of the shoulder girdle. Things like shoulder dislocations and other stretches that idk the names of work.
FitnessFAQs amd Dominik Sky have good videos on this topic.

that you'll get better at doing pushups

gotta add in some sort of pull or you might develop an imbalance were your pecs round your shoulders forward.