I just started the Keto diet today and I'm looking to lose about thirty to forty-five lbs

I just started the Keto diet today and I'm looking to lose about thirty to forty-five lbs.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips/things to be careful about.

I really appreciate the help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8t1JN0RgvO4
annualreviews.org/doi/full/10.1146/annurev-nutr-071811-150705
books.google.com/books?id=hrdRROeCI9IC&lpg=PA263&pg=PA259#v=onepage&q&f=false
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1097276514002603
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413115001102
academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jc.2009-2696
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867414015931
embomolmed.embopress.org/content/8/3/232
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006291X09011681
nature.com/ijo/journal/v28/n4s/full/0802861a.html
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/59/1/43.long
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mnfr.200700415/pdf
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/63/1/75.long
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/55/1/136.long
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/54/7/1926.long
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/93/4/748.long
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC431523/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001650851730152X
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3076631/
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/83/5/1055.long
care.diabetesjournals.org/content/34/8/1848.long
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/61/9/2269.long
nature.com/ijo/journal/v39/n7/full/ijo2014199a.html
nature.com/ijo/journal/v34/n3/full/ijo2009251a.html
academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jc.2004-1540
youtube.com/watch?v=g6vG4IhgWGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when any diet it's good to be careful of making sure that you don't do thing that could be of cause any unnecessary suffering to the person who did the diet losing weight with eating calories that are LESS than you eat MORE when you are trying the loss method and make sure you have GOOD form for the nutrition to not upset the upper over gladular meniscapula

water fast lad

Yeah, I'm going to try my hardest to make sure I'm enjoying it and still getting the nutrients I need.

I don't know if I'll fast with water, but I'll definitely use it to fill me up.

just watch for hidden carbs. honestly keto is an easy as hell diet just fry eggs and bacon all the time, eat salads with FULL FAT dressings(but watch out for the few vegetables with high net carbs, i.e. the ones with low fiber), just stay away from carbs and sugar, not hard. You can literally go pound 20 garlic parmesan wings and half a handle of vodka and be within your diet if you're staying under your calorie count on keto.

>can't eat a normal healthy sustainable diet at a caloric deficit like a non-retarded person
>has to do some fad diet shit instead

Yeah I plan on eating a lot of eggs in the future, but I think I'm still going to stay clear of anything that just does shit to your body even if it doesn't make you gain weight. I heard that broccoli and asparagus are both good vegetables to eat on this diet. How about fruits? Are natural sugars safe, or no?

Hey man, I'm just trying something new that I think I'll enjoy. Besides, calories in, calories out is bullshit when taking metabolism into consideration.

>Besides, calories in, calories out is bullshit when taking metabolism into consideration

did you get that degree in fat logic from tumblr? or was it reddit?

I'm going off of what my doctor told me and what experience has told me.

you need to consume extra electrolytes on keto

How does that help in the diet? More energy?

yea it gives you energy. i dont know the exact mechanics but low carb diets depletes you of salts and shit, you'll get "keto flu" unless you supplement with electrolytes

t. keto user

Yeah I heard that wears off once your body gets used to using fats instead of carbs.

How many pounds have you lost?

Veeky Forums is normie as fuck when it comes to weight loss. Veeky Forums's thinspo thread is goat.

It's true, retard youtube.com/watch?v=8t1JN0RgvO4

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice!

only 10 lb so far over 3 weeks. i kinda sperged and ate shitloads of mostly fat food so i didnt really lose as much weight as i could have. 2 weeks in my appetite changed really drastically and i started eating 1/4th the volume of food daily compared to before. its cool though, my energy levels are higher and very level throughout the day now , better mood, etc. (energy does dip a lot if i dont get electrolytes in)

Interesting! Yeah, I tried this once before as an experiment and lost like 8 pounds in a week (I think a lot of accounted for water/fecal matter at the time) and I was surprised how little I could eat. I stopped mainly because I thought I was losing too quickly and I also went on vacation.

>2017
> first conclusive keto trial in 1921
> keto is actually used in treating type II diabetes, not mentioning epileptic children
>(You) heard about it for the first time a few weeks/months ago
>ergo it is a fad

Stay cucked, faggot, or learn about differentiating between actual medical research and "something on the interwebz"

basically all the above advice.
myfitness pal is a great help. You can set up your macros (I would say 70fat/20prot/10carbs) so it's easier to keep track.
You can go down to 5%carbs, a bit harder but doable.

You should also seriously consider taking magnesium/sodium supplements. Hard keto+workout and your body will feel like one big giant cramp continuously without magnesium. It can be pretty painful.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it.

I'll definitely look into that app.

Yeah, I bet working out gets hard on this diet. I'll start taking supplements. Probably good anyways because I get massive cramps in my feet sometimes before bed.

No. Basically anything sweet will be high in carbs

im sure keto is okay for some.

I did it for a few weeks and ultimately could not handle smelling like ammonia after pissing my pants constantly

do your research. I lost 50kg on a regular calorie counting diet.

a quack doctor supposedly told you "calories in, calories out is bullshit when taking metabolism into consideration" and now you feel the need to mindlessly regurgitate it while having zero education and zero understanding of the topic at all? your scientifically unverifiable personal experience violates the first law of thermodynamics and you expect anyone to take you seriously? my sides are rhabdomyolytic

>youtube video composed entirely of baseless claims as a source

thanks for projectively letting us know just how hard you dropped out of the 3rd grade. what's next? a link to timecube?

>desperate attempt to make treatment-resistant epilepsy the new goalpost in a thread about weight loss
>lack of approval by any regulatory body for t2dm treatment and lack of any advantage over isocaloric isonitrogenous control are facts heretical to muh safe space
>mislabels the armchair musings and rites of fatkins foundation crackpots as medical research
>reflexively deploys confabulation the moment muh diet religion gets threatened as a fad

ahh, ketardation, the purest form of pseudo-intellectualism

(you) didn't watch the video and listen to the words. (you) should just go die because you're a bad person. The sources were built into the words of the talk and are easy to find individually for each claim.

Lad I lost 70 pounds with calorie in, calorie out and not even understanding macros

the salient points comprised half the video and were entirely non-peer reviewed unpublished baseless nonsense, the other half was misinterpreted drivel. your cognitive deficit and scientific illiteracy is truly disgusting.

for example

>caloric vs. endocrine
energy balance in no way assumes a constant energy expenditure. it amounts to a simple differential equation that any neurologically normal high school kid can playfully waste time with but it's too much for this crank apparently. ehe relevant point is that actual shifts in EE are relatively trivial and clinically insignificant in humans

annualreviews.org/doi/full/10.1146/annurev-nutr-071811-150705

>insulin controls ketogenesis
no, anaplerotic deficiency of oxaloacetate leads to a build up of incomplete combustion products of fat which causes carbon stress and induction of ketogenic enzymes to help dispose of them

books.google.com/books?id=hrdRROeCI9IC&lpg=PA263&pg=PA259#v=onepage&q&f=false
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1097276514002603
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413115001102

>insulin causes lipohypertrophy
yeah when locally injected into or near an adipose depot at supraphysiological concentrations. this can't be generalized to whole-body dynamics from physiological postprandial pulses. you can make the same argument about muscle hypertrophy

academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jc.2009-2696

>insulin reduces BAT mitochondrial uncoupling
>insulin is converting BAT to WAT
no source, no peer-review, almost certainly a bunch of graphics he just made up. back in reality, the exact opposite is seen

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867414015931
embomolmed.embopress.org/content/8/3/232

>insulin reduces metabolic rate
another experimentally demonstrable falsehood

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006291X09011681
nature.com/ijo/journal/v28/n4s/full/0802861a.html
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/59/1/43.long

>ketogenic diet increases uncoupling in adipose tissue in rodents
more invented unpublished figures. they actually have more adipose tissue

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mnfr.200700415/pdf

respiration is also reduced in other tissues, notably muscle

diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/63/1/75.long
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/55/1/136.long
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/54/7/1926.long
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/93/4/748.long

>cultured adipocytes require insulin as a trophic factor
so does every other kind of cell lmfao. you don't need insulin for differentiation.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC431523/

>BHB increases mitochondrial respiration
...compared to nothing. no isocaloric control. big fucking deal. that kind of puerile sophistry is good for tricking only the most developmentally stunted airheads

>Effect of Diet Composition on Postprandial Energy Avaialbility during Weight Loss Maintenance
outpatient and not controlled for protein or fiber. looking purely at carbohydrates vs. fat the SDA is higher on a low fat diet

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001650851730152X

ketouria gets compensated by downregulation of other energy consuming pathways like protein synthesis, hence why it takes time to die from starvation.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3076631/

>A Randomized Trial Comparing a Very Low Carbohydrate Diet and a Calorie-Restricted Low Fat Diet on Body Weight and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Healthy Women
self-reported energy intake, outpatient and not controlled for protein or fiber

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/83/5/1055.long

Nope. Wrong.

>Factors associated with basal metabolic rate in patients with type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes metllitus
metabolic rate drops because they don't have glycosuria anymore. diabulimia is a mental illness and extremely unhealthy, on par with morbid obesity

>Intensive Conventional Insulin Therapy for Type II Diabetes
(1) appropriately timed hyperinsulinemia increases insulin sensitivity

care.diabetesjournals.org/content/34/8/1848.long
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/61/9/2269.long

(2) self-reported caloric intake from fatties is not accurate
nature.com/ijo/journal/v39/n7/full/ijo2014199a.html
nature.com/ijo/journal/v34/n3/full/ijo2009251a.html
academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jc.2004-1540

here's your (you)

>2017
> first conclusive keto trial in 1921
> keto is actually used in treating type II diabetes, not mentioning epileptic children
>(You) heard about it for the first time a few weeks/months ago
>ergo it is a fad
Stay cucked, faggot, or learn about differentiating between actual medical research and "something on the interwebz"

Yeah, I bet that works really well but I want to eat a diet where I can eat what I want to eat for the most part.

What a compelling argument.

>I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips/things to be careful about.
Yes.
1. Don't do keto, just do a regular diet with a caloric deficit and lots of green veggies for satiation
2. Do get your blood work done before and after keto, and if the results are worse look at 1.
>Besides, calories in, calories out is bullshit when taking metabolism into consideration.
Oh is that so
My bad
Drench that 12 egg omelette in extra butter and eat at least a pound of bacon per day. I mean calories are a meme amirite lmao

30 hrs in here. When does keto usually start?

keto brah here.

Rules:
1)Drink lots of water: Shoot for a gallon a day.
2)Calories in vs calories out STILL applies.
3)Keep carbs below 50g, but shoot for 25g.
4)Use an app to track your carbs and calories. This will be the most important part, as it will teach you HOW to eat.

In its essence, for someone who is overweight, Keto will work for you because it highly limits processed foods, junk food, and toxins. You will drop a fuck ton of weight, yes. But, remember on Keto, how great and easy it is to eat healthy and delicious foods that you were missing before. Keto teaches you how to eat, it will change you forever in the best way.

He thinks eggs and butter are unhealthy. He doesn't soft scramble his eggs so as to not kill the nutrient profile of the food.

Enjoy alzheimers and having limp dick grandpa

"He can't even quote properly" - Anonymous

Anyone here still eating fried eggs instead of soft scrambled...don't do it.

Why?

Usually start after 24hr of straight fasting. If you go pee and its hella yellow. Go drink more water. I remember seeing a graph from a study saying the maximum fat burning period start around 72hr fasting and dip a bit during the 4th day.

Cholesterol bro

Check out the champ Dr. Wallach break it down for fitizens

youtube.com/watch?v=g6vG4IhgWGE

Train and Take it a Day at a Time

I'm not sure why Veeky Forums tries to downplay the benefits of this kind of diet but I guess when they're in a rush to eat like shit it makes sense. Have your bigger meals around training sessions so your training doesn't slack off.

Hope this helps user

what to eat in-between water fasts?

I've never seen someone get BTFO someone so hard, what a sight

It looks like it pissed someone off. The shitposting tripled since he posted that scientific evidence to back up claims though