Hey Veeky Forums. I can't do a single pushup. I don't know why...

Hey Veeky Forums. I can't do a single pushup. I don't know why, I guess my chest isn't that developed but even at my weight, I should be able to do them. I see huge guys that do pushups perfectly. To give a bit of context, I am 6'2" and 230 pounds (used to be 260). Does this sound right?

Talking shit about flamingos fatty?

Post flamingos.

No just thought that shit was funny. But seriously what do you think?

230lbs = fatass = no pushups

Sounds correct to me bro

well pushups are similar to benching, and you're probably going to barely be able to bench press a 45lb bar since you're a lard ass whom'st've never done any kind of work or physical exertion in your life

So if 45lbs is challenging I dont know why you think your dumb ass is going to magically be able to push 230lbs off of the ground with just your arms and toes

> lose weight
> can do push-ups
I think they're like 60 or 70% of your body mass, and you're clearly not strong enough for that

Yeah but I'm asking if I should be able to do pushups since I told you I know and have seen people much fatter than me doing pushups. Learn to fucking read.
Actual responses contributing. Thanks.

They might be fatter but they also have more muscles
thats right muscles and fat are two separate entities
Your ignorance and weak upper body strength leads me to believe you're female
tits or gtfo

Its not because you're fat or weak, its actually just the combination of the two.

Yeah obviously I can deduce that they have more muscle but in observing my chest and the amount of fat on it, I think I would be able to push myself up. I've been losing weight pretty steadily and I'm going to start hitting the gym to develop my chest.

>I don't know why I can't do a push up
you're a fat, weak faggot
it's not rocket science

I wonder why some fat guys build strength alongside their fat just from caloric intake while others turn into little creampuffs. I guess it boils down to genetics.

Why are some people on Veeky Forums so hateful? Like seriously bro, fuck off. I'm trying here.

Yeah bro. My legs are good as fuck (any fat fuck would have good legs) but even in examining my body compared to people of the same frame, height, and weight, my body looks so much better yet it's still weak. I'm really just wanting to cut down to 200 while hitting the weights.

Looks like your chest is already pretty developed hehe

Keep at it user. Honestly if you try your hardest to do a pushup every day you'll probably get one after a week or two. You can train your muscles and nerves to better handle these motions without building any actual muscle. Start on your knees if you have to. Matter of fact, you should do that right now and tell us how many you can do.

I know a guy that is 6'2 and weight 300 lbs and he can do 60 perfet push ups

I have seen him

I'm not understanding why you think the amount of fat on your chest would help you do a pushup, do you think fat = muscle or am I missing something?

look dude, here's a graph showing bf and muscle, compiled from people on Veeky Forums i think

basically, the top dudes are fat and the bottom dudes are thin
the ones on the left have no muscle and the guys on the right have a lot of muscle

you need to lose fat and build muscle, but it's easier to build muscle first and then lose the fat

also you should look up cut and bulk cycles
cutting is when you lose fat (and a little bit of muscle unfortunately)
bulking is when you gain muscle (and a little bit of fat)

if you alternate these two, you'll get stronger and leaner.

having big manboobs that are made out of fat, is not the same as having large, muscular pecs

don't believe me?
try doing this.
you can't, because your chest is fat, and you can't move it.

if your chest was muscle, you would be able to flex it.

I already know about bulking and cutting. I've been lurking since like december. this thread was really just me complaining about other fatasses having (imo) worse physiques than me and yet still strong as fuck

here's 300lbs of fat

this is 300lbs of muscle

which guy do you think can do the 60 pushups?

>fatty elitism
priceless.
>im not a retard I swear
you're fucking obese dude stop shoving food down your dickhole

Neither can do 60 pushups.

They actually lift or at least experience some form of physical exertion instead of being a flabby faggot that sits in front of their computer complaining they aren't strong enough for their physique despite looking awful, go and actually start lifting or just fuck up and accept that your a weak fat cunt

Again, an asshole of Veeky Forums. Never did I mention anything with elitism and thanks for telling me to stop eating, like I said I've been losing weight for the last 6 months.

You're fat and weak.
>Muscles, use them or lose them.

If you can't do a single push up then start on your knees until you get to 4x12.

After that do elbow wide push ups until you get to 4x12.

After that do elbow narrow push ups until you get to 4x12.

From there you should be able to start transitioning to chest dips.

Well if I hit the gym, wouldn't it just be easier to do flies, presses, cable cross-overs, etc.?

if you were going to hit the gym you would have already done it, lard ass
>ill quit smoking tomorrow I swear
just stop posting dude you're embarrassing yourself

You're right, I've been lazy as fuck. I started going to the gym when I started cutting but then stopped like 3 weeks in after getting back to uni. Been beating myself up over it all semester long. But I don't give up on myself bro, and I believe I can find the motivation to start lifting this summer as I won't have any academics to worry about.

Get on your knees and start doing push ups you fucking fat fuck.

You know you'll only embarrass yourself when you're lifting pink dumbbells at the gym.

go for a run man
and you're right, the way you get treated when you take your shirt off at the beach or pool will hopefully motivate you to actually fucking take care of your own health

>tfw farming a 6pack rn
feels good senpai

Implying I wouldn't embarrass myself doing pushups on my knees? I can do more than pink dumbbells bro. Also, could do butterflys on the machine. People won't really see the weight unless they're looking.

Why should I believe you're sporting a 6 pack? In lurking on Veeky Forums I have noticed many if not most fuckers on here lie about having great physiques.

6'0 and formerly 340+lbs. Lowest weight I hit was 240, give or take.

(Gained a whole lot back because I strayed off the Veeky Forums path. Not gonna make excuses and blame anyone or anything but myself.)

Thats besides the point though, when I was 340+ in high school, the highest I hit for my rep max for bench press was 195lbs. Still couldn't do 1 perfect pushup though. My guess is my pectoral muscles still couldn't help push my fatass (chest?) off the ground in a smooth motion. Keep up the cardio, maintain your lifts, and diet accordingly.

>tldr, train more.

>oh look user posted a picture of his sixpack, he actually has one
>hes probably just using steroids and spends 10 hours a day in the gym lol what a loser, getting fit is SOOOO hard so i'm just going to continue being fat

i genuinely don't believe that posting my stomach is going to have any effect on inspiring you to work out since you seem like a low energy person. Convince me to waste my time taking a photo.

i also doubt you'll believe me if I tell you that I got it from doing 150 sit-ups a night, every other day for two months, along with some leg raises

>Doing push ups at home
>Pressing 20-30lb dumbbells at the gym

Are you retarded?

Also presses, flies, and cables don't transfer over.

Stop being a lazy piece of shit, get on your knees, and try 4x12. You'll probably manage only 9/7/5/3 but you can take as long as you want to complete 4x12. In two days try again and keep going until you switch to real push ups.

While you're at it find something to do inverted rows on so you can work up to a chin up.

Again, putting words into my mouth. I haven't said anything low energy, I'm just trying to make you realize that you are sounding arrogant when you talk to me.

>I haven't said anything low energy

You're low energy as fuck dude.

I told you how to do some push ups, and you're like "no, I think I know better than you."

You're going to be a fat fuck for life.

I guarantee it.

Wow you have a bad habit of putting words into other people's mouths because this is like the 4th time you have done it. All I did was simply ask if presses, flies, etc. would do me justice as well and then you demanded I do your fucking workout lol. You're just one of the scum of this board and have been shittalking me the entire thread. At the end of the day, I'm proud knowing I have a better moral compass than you.