Hey Veeky Forums so I don't usually come on this board but I've decided to try and start hitting the gym because...

Hey Veeky Forums so I don't usually come on this board but I've decided to try and start hitting the gym because frankly I need to do so and I spend too much time on the internet sitting in my house wasting away. Anyway I'm a 5'4 manlet that weighs about 170 lbs, and I'd say I'm chubby not obese or super fat but I have a gut. I wanted to start working out FIVE times a week in the morning before I go to work, my plan was to basically do something like this

Monday: Strength
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Strength
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: Strength
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

Now I've heard that if you do strength training you're suppose to work different parts of your body, I really don't know much about lifting weights or creating routines/sets, honestly I don't even fucking know much about the types of machines and exercises you can do at the gym. I figured I should work my arms like one day, and then work my legs another day, and then work my abs another day, etc. Do you think if I alternated between strength and cardio that would be okay? I figured it would be, but the thing is that I'd have to figure out how many reps to do of a certain exercise and what kind of exercises I should do at the gym to work different parts of my body.

I'd really like to put on some muscle and convert some of this fat into muscle or however that works. Any advice would be great!

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>5'4"
>170 lbs
>not obese
LUL

he's just been bulking bro

It has an animated fucking raptor running around on it.
How the actual fuck did you miss the sticky

You're fat as fatass.

The first thing you should concern yourself with is your eating habits. Stop eating so much and eat healthier foods.
I don't mean cut out all of the absolute shit you probably eat. I mean supplement at least 1-2 meals with healthy and sometimes low calorie alternatives.

Drink only water or black coffee or tea.

As for exercise, basic fucking calisthenics and walking for 30minutes to a full hour every day is more then enough right now.

Buy a fat burner

Well I've seen guys my height that were quite larger than I was, so I figured if I'm fat then they must be obese. But that was the point of the thread, I even admitted that I had a gut. It's not like I was denying that I wasn't fat or anything, but I don't believe I'm classified as obese if there are people my height and look like balloons and houses. If you looked at me you really can't even tell I'm fat, but of course with my shirt off I have an obvious gut. It just doesn't show when I have a shirt on.

Anyway as I stated, that wasn't the point of this thread.

>As for exercise, basic fucking calisthenics and walking for 30minutes to a full hour every day is more then enough right now.

I'm aware I need to lose weight, but I wanted to do something besides cardio. Are you saying all I can do is cardio right now? That kind of sucks.

Do those even work? I'm skeptical about drinking diet/supplement/protein shakes and all that stuff they market to people.

I just like getting feedback from people instead of reading a dated sticky 7 years ago. Granted I read the sticky and found some useful stuff in there that I plan to follow. Still doesn't mean that I don't want actual feedback and what not from people. Of course I can tell people are just going to make fun of my height and weight, obviously I KNOW I'M SHORT for a guy and I'm aware that I'm overweight, you're just pointing out the obvious and people belittling me about isn't really giving any kind of helpful feedback.

I mean seriously I asked a simple question and just wanted a simple answer, you people don't have to point out that I'm short and overweight, I'm aware of that. Why do you think I want to go to the gym? For fun? No I'm doing it because I know I need to lose weight and get in shape, also I'd like to put on some muscle and try to just look overall better.

All-Might gets possessed by a villain and Midoriya kills him.

Also for the record I find the BMI to be absolute horseshit, according to it a 5'4 male at my age should weigh like 130 lbs to be considered average weight, and that sounds incredibly underweight to me. Also at 170 I probably am classified as obese for my height class, which is retarded because I'm far from obese. I've seen WAY fatter people around my height and my age, so basically fuck the BMI. I know I shouldn't weigh fucking 125 or 130 lbs, that's like anorexic as fuck.

nice meme

cool, can you borrow me your time machine?

OP you expect to train 5 days a week as a fat piece of shit? Have you read the sticky?

When I see weaklings like you, I fucking laugh. It's too funny.
I go up to weaklings like yourself, curling 20 lb dumbbells, and flex my muscles.
If that doesn't scare them off, I then flex my lats really wide, while making my last rep face.
If you're lucky, and I feel really bad for you, I'll allow you to work out in the cardio or stretching section of the gym.
Usually, I just stare down weaklings like you tho, until you cry, leave and never come back.
Don't be one of the few that tries fighting me outside the gym.
One hammer first strike and you'll crumble like the twig you are.

You've been warned.

Wait why are you guys even spoon feeding OP.

>READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>READ THE FUCKING STICKY

>Anime gym bully who thinks he can get a body like Broly.

Personally I've had friends that were gym nuts and were quite muscular, they were pretty nice guys. You sound insecure to me, and even if you are ripped and muscular you still sound insecure. Do you also drive a jacked up 4x4 truck with a lift kit? I mean, I'm sure you lack confidence and feel the need to make sure everyone knows you're superior when you probably just come off as cocky and annoying.

I read it, but you clearly didn't read my post. I clearly stated my reason for posting this thread, I read the sticky and found useful information on there but I also like getting feedback from other people. The sticky can't do that, and that's what I like about making threads because at least other people can answer. I'm not necessarily asking anyone to spoonfeed me, whether they choose to do is their choice.

You know not everyone on Veeky Forums is ripped and muscular, as much as you probably believe that. I'm sure the ones that are overweight or fat just don't bother to post about it because people like you just ridicule them for it. I already said I'm trying to lose the weight and go to the gym, that's better than the people who don't even try or attempt it. Ridiculing someone for trying to get in shape isn't really helping them, just food for thought. I get this is Veeky Forums though and if you're not a walking muscular Adonis God than you'll probably be ridiculed. Frankly I can claim that most people who claim to be ripped and muscular really aren't and just lie about it to look "cool" frankly I could claim that you and this jackass aren't even that ripped and just think you are because you have a bit of muscle. Of course I have no proof you're lying, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least HALF of Veeky Forums lies about how ripped they are just to seem badass.

If anything must of you sound insecure as fuck if you feel the need to lie about your physique to strangers.

OP you expect to train 5 days a week as a fat piece of shit?
nice delusions

I'm aware you can't gain muscle and loss weight and the same time, but there were scientific studies shown that a group men new to strength training and resistance training did both for about 6-8 weeks and managed to gain 7 pounds of muscle and lose 6 pounds of fat, and I'm not saying I was planning to go do the same workout 5 days a week, I was planning to alternate between strength and cardio. Frankly I've found nothing that says you SHOULDN'T strength train even if you are overweight.

You can lift weights and still lose weight, it can ignite your metabolism as well. Now of course they claim that you should be SOMEWHAT LEAN before starting to seriously lift weights but just because you're overweight doesn't mean you can't lift weights. Also if you're eating in a deficit then you'll see results as well, honestly you people are using the sticky as a defense but I didn't see anywhere in the sticky that said an overweight person can't strength train and do cardio if they're overweight. Frankly as far as I'm concerned everyone on Veeky Forums would state that an overweight person should just not go to the gym which is a stupid thing to tell an overweight person.

You want fat people to lose weight but you don't want them to workout? Dieting AND Exercise go hand in hand, it's best to do both. You can't just tell a fat person to diet and NOT exercise, but that's essentially the mentality people on this board have. It's like you don't want fat people to go to the gym even though they're trying to get into shape, you can diet and exercise and I'd encourage it since you'll get better results if you do both.

Also fuck the sticky, I read it and I think it has valuable information but you people need to stop using is as a shield for everything. The sticky can't answer EVERY question people will have on this board. If it did then why even have a Veeky Forums board in this first place if nobody is allowed to ask questions or post anything?

fuck your family

>instead of reading a dated sticky
leave

We're past the sticky at this point, if that offended you then I suggest you build a thicker skin. I'm trying to just get feedback from other people, and not from a sticky that I've already read. I'm aware of what the sticky says, but I just like to hear from other people.

THE STICKY CAN NOT MESSAGE BACK, IT IS NOT A LIVING ENTITY PEOPLE! You worship it like a God, it is just a compiled list of information for beginners, and yes I did read it and it has useful information but you can't ask the sticky specific questions and expect it to answer back.

Jesus.

>I've seen WAY fatter people around my height and my age

Doesn't mean you're not obese yourself, post a pic of yourself then if you're so convinced you're not obese

train fucking 7 days a week , go full beast mode
1 month and u're shredded

>Also fuck the sticky

Oh boy, it's an obese person think they know what they're talking about episode

I'm aware Veeky Forums will say I'm obese, I wasn't aware having a gut meant you were obese. My idea of someone being obese is they're round like a donuts and the size of a house, I'm far from looking like that.

I never once said the information in the sticky is false, I just think people on this board should stop using the sticky as a shield and answer for everything. Why do we even have a /fit board if the answer to every question is "read the sticky" seriously? I mean what is the point of this board if the sticky supposedly answers every question in the world in regards to exercise and fitness?

You're retarded, even I know that's stupid. You must as well suggest someone dope up on steroids and drugs, also people who work out 7 days a week are retarded in my mind, unless you're a professional bodybuilder or some shit and even then I'd think they take rest days and what not.

Given how much you write instead of getting that fat ass out of the fucking chair I'd suggest applying for a sports magazine. Your column could be called "My struggle", in which you'd post detailed, thoughly explained info on things you're not doing

>My idea of someone being obese is they're round like a donuts and the size of a house, I'm far from looking like that.

That's not the definition of obese though, you fucking retard

>2k17
>believing in shitposts
ohboi

OP you expect to train 5 days a week as a fat fag and me to read all that shit?

that or some shitposter super bored

>also people who work out 7 days a week are retarded in my mind
It's time to stop posting
More realistic than op actually making it

people are ridiculing you and making fun of you because you're lecturing a fitness board about what you think you should and shouldn't do despite having never been fit before.

Do you comprehend this? You, someone with the BMI of an obese person, lecturing people that autistically focus on fitness what you're going to do and how they're wrong?

My guess is you won't even last 2 weeks before your schedule is reduced to shreds. If this is bait I fell for it.

I know obese has to do with body fat and all that stuff, and yet if someone is the size of a house people people call them "obese" and yes I'm aware the BMI will classify people as obese if they weigh a certain amount and have a certain body fat percentage.

I know all this, but I don't agree with the BMI, I think it's flawed. You can't tell me I'm classified as obese when I'm not some 300 lb blob of fat like some people I've seen.

I'm not a shitposter, and why even bother commenting at all if you're too lazy to read what I'm typing? Go away.

Lol you're telling me people actually work out 7 days a week? I figured even professionals would say that's retarded, newsflash Veeky Forums, you're never going to be a professional bodybuilder. Maybe some of you will, but you're not going to be a male model for a magazine cover looking like Hercules with 200lbs of muscle.

Get over it and be realistic for once in your life.

I'm not trying to claim I know more than a fitness board, I'm saying that I disagree with the concept of the BMI and that frankly everyone Veeky Forums just says "read the sticky" when the sticky doesn't answer every question in the world regarding fitness.

The only thing people have told me is that I shouldn't workout and that everything I'm planning to do is wrong. The sticky says to "diet and exercise" and Veeky Forums says "No! That isn't right at all."

So which is it? You have to diet and exercise to lose weight, but Veeky Forums claims that me going to the gym is pointless. Do you comprehend what I'm saying? You people are a fitness board but you tell fat or overweight people that exercising is pointless? That's like telling an anorexic person that eating is pointless? Are you all insane? Do you not comprehend how simple this is to understand? So are skinny/lean people the only people that are allowed to go to the gym and workout? No, they aren't. An overweight person can strength train, anyone can strength train.

>tfw no ab day
need to upd8 my routine

This

OP you're not gonna make it with that attitude. Do some research and start working out instead of planning how you're gonna work out and then just complaining on forums. I bet you still havent started and you tell yourself the reason is becausrle you dont know what to do rather than ur just lazy

Step it up OP

Yes please write mein kampf

>You can't tell me I'm classified as obese

But you objectively are
When you are OBESE all you have to do is eat less to lose weight. You will not be making much progress trying to achieve lean gains and losing fat at the same time and it will require 10x more effort in the dietary department than just focusing on losing fat first and then bulking.

>answer every question in the world regarding fitness
>people have told me is that I shouldn't workout
>Veeky Forums claims that me going to the gym is pointless

>Get over it and be realistic for once in your life.

> sticky doesn't answer every question in the world regarding fitness.
it answers all your questions, fucking fat sack of shit

You're realistically never going to have the body of an a muscular anime character, especially not like the one I posted. That's a very unrealistic body to have, frankly you shouldn't use anime characters an inspiration to get muscular and fit. Everyone wants to have a body like Goku or some other popular muscular anime character, but people don't stop and realize they're fictional characters in a fictional world. Sure you can be muscular and fit, but some anime characters have very unrealistic bodies.

All Might is one of them.

I'm fucking planning to use a routine I found in your precious all knowing STICKY, so don't tell me it's fucking wrong when it was in the sticky. I found a simple strength training and cardio program that was posted IN THE STICKY, and says that it is made for BEGINNERS.

So I have a routine, and know what to do.

>You objectively are

Depends if you believe the BMI is objectively right, which I don't, it's flawed in my opinion.

>You're obese all you have to do is eat less

Doesn't mean you can't workout? Are you going to sit there and tell me that strength training is pointless for a fat person? Because it isn't, and I'll prove it with credible sources. Even professionals state that an overweight person can lift weights to retain muscle, they might not put on a lot of muscle but it can help them lose weight just as much as cardio would. You're basically telling me that I just need to diet and not exercise and I'll lose weight, and that might be true but I see no downside to going to the gym and working out.

How can you tell someone who is overweight to not exercise or workout? That just blows my mind that you honestly believe an overweight person should just simply diet and not work out.

i really don't know where to start man.

You've really misunderstood most of the things anons told you in this thread. You'd understand better if you read the sticky properly. Read it again.

This user told you to focus on diet because if you just want to lose weight then just go diet. He also said cardio because it's easy to do and you aren't overloaded by it. Your routine is R E T A R D E D because your rest days are A F T E R five days of consecutive workouts. Go look at any strength or weightlifting routine the sticky shows you and they will advise a rest day in-between each workout day.

Also you are obese. BMI is a valid concept and you're only disagreeing with it because it shows just how much of a disgusting slob you are.

Kill yourself. Whatever routine you pick you will give up within the month.

>OP you expect to train 5 days a week as a fat fag

I can tell you're just going to keep posting the same thing because you think I'm a shitposter so you should just shit post in response, when I'm clearly not baiting or shit posting. But go ahead and tell me why I can't work out 5 days a week even if I'm overweight? Go ahead and tell me what makes you think it's pointless? I just want one actual logical reason it won't work, just name one.

I'll wait.

Holy fuck, op is a moron who thinks they actually know what they are talking about

sry senpai im new

>I just want one actual logical reason it won't work, just name one.

>>>>>>>I'll wait.

FUCKING KEK

>Go look at any strength or weightlifting routine the sticky shows you and they will advise a rest day in-between each workout day.

I believe you can workout five days a week but you should not work out the same muscle group in the same day. I still have rest days but they would be on weekends, the routine I found has me doing strength one day and cardio on the other, so I'm not working out the same group twice in the same day. The routine I found in the sticky said that you can work out FIVE DAYS A WEEK, but you just can't work the same muscle group everyday, which I wouldn't be doing. I would lift weights three times a week and do cardio inbetween those days. I wouldn't even be doing any kind of strength training, so what is the issue?

You're saying it's retarded because I'm resting after five days of working out, but I thought it was only bad to work out the SAME muscle groups everyday? As long as you are doing different things everyday at the gym then it shouldn't be a problem? And I do still take rest days, technically the days I do cardio are rest days for my muscles since I wouldn't be lifting weights or doing any kind of strength training.

Just explain to me what's wrong with that?

>Proceeds to just post his entire collection of laughing pictures
>Doesn't answer my question

I already can tell what kind of shit poster you are, and you're the worst kind. I can see it was pointless to even attempt to get you to answer me seriously, forget it. Also I have a laughing collection I use for shit-posting as well, two can play at this game. I mean, you clearly know multiple reasons why it won't work, and I only asked for one. But it seems that you can't even bother to get me one reason, despite knowing several reasons.

go ahead dude and try it out. DOMs will kill you before you have a chance to write an angry response.

Op you're incredibly delusional,
You are classified as obese, whether you agree or disagree. It's what you are, you can still become fit, but for the moment you should just concentrate on hitting your step goal for the day and eating under your TDEE, do strength training if you really want to but for now it won't make a huge difference. Wait till you're around 160 pounds to start the strength training is my adivce, it's a long road that takes time, subtle changes are the best and you going straight into your planned routine is gonna fuck you up and you'll probably burn out. It's a lifestyle change, again for now just focus on your steps and hitting your macros.

Best of luck OP, didn't mean to sound like a dick btw

DOMS is natural with any routine, it's super common to experience DOMS when lifting weights for the first time, especially if you are someone who has never really worked out before. And I've experienced DOMS in the past, I know what it is and what it feels like. And how do you counteract DOMS? By working out, that's what you do when you have DOMS, as you work out more it gets better because your muscles get use to it.

Ok buddy, I'll bite, not like I have other things going in my life, amiright?
Let me guess, you have been fat sack of shit for your entire life (14years or so) and suddenly you think you will get ripped as fuck, so your plan is to 'next monday start this'
you can expect to EXERCISE 5 days a week, which is like doing 5 body squats, curling a water bottle 3 times and climbing a flight of stairs, good for you buddy!
Working out means going HARD, and if you expect to recover from a workout in one day, while you are doing cardio on your rest days, which is stupid for a beginner, you clearly know absolutely fucking nothing, hence why you should read the sticky, which, again answers all your questions as a BEGINNER. One you have a taste for WORKOUT OUT AND see improvement (weight loss, strength gain, etc.) and not just 'being active' and followed some starter routine for at least a few months, then you MIGHT get questions that are not covered by sticky, at which point in day you go to a QTDDTOT thread and post your shitty question that was asked on that thread every fucking single day by another average fatjoe like you

never said it was pointless to try, though

not saying it's not possible, but so far I've been keeping up with manga and there is no indication that is even remotely true, though SPOILER
it's hinted All Might may not have that long to live, but only due to his deteriorating strength, plus he is no longer all might the hero, he is just another aushwitz survivor

>Doesn't mean you can't workout?

Yeah ok have fun trying to make progress in your lifts being overweight and a complete beginner AND eating at a deficit, sure that will go over swell here is my prediction.

>one month in, poor user is exhausted
>barely any progress
>fucking bullshit everyone who are fit do roids, fucking genetics I quite

wow you no longer have to blame yourself for failing, the system set you up from the start :D

But you already gave the only true reason yourself. You'll wait.

That's it. You'll do nothing, because all you do is wait, get mad and blame everything and everyone. You plan for stuff you'll never do, you think you have it out figured out. You force this false drama because that's how you get off. You're the worst kind of scum, and I fell for your bait.

the DOMs won't go away if you do another workout the day immediately after. As a beginner who probably has little to no muscle mass your DOMs will hurt like hell. When faced with the prospect of another workout you'll quit.

You're meant to workout every other day. So Monday workout, Tuesday rest, Wednesday workout etc...

Dude please stop pretending that you know what you're doing. You don't.

I know it's a lifestyle change but losing weight is a lifestyle change, sure you can do it gradually but you have to get use to it. Repetition is the best way to do that, you need to tell yourself I'm gonna do this everyday, or every week. I'm gonna watch what I eat, of course it's tough to jump right into it but sometimes that's the only way to get started. Most people do burn out during a lifestyle change because it's too exhausting going from the couch to the gym, or eating salads compared to junk food and burgers. I've tried several times and failed, but I guess if you keep trying it's bound to happen.

Most Americans who start weight lose programs don't stick with them, and most who start new years resolutions to lose weight will drop them with in the first two or three months. It's the most dropped resolution.

Why can't I do cardio on rest days? If the DOMS are THAT PAINFUL then I just fucking won't do cardio and I'll rest, but if I feel that I can go to the gym and get on an elliptical then I will. Frankly you're only reason for me not doing cardio inbetween strength days is because the DOMS will be too painful, if that is the case then I won't do it. I already expected to have DOMS and I know it'll be painful, and if it's that painful then I won't go and I'll just stay home and rest.

>i've tried several times and failed

why did i even bother posting in this thread
what a waste of my time.

The important thing is you keep trying user, not everyone accomplishes things on their first try. We can't all be perfect like you, sorry.

nigger i'm not that user

if i knew this was another one of this guy's attempts to change then i wouldn't have bothered posting since i'd have known it would fail immediately.

>sees sticky
>Disregards it
>posts this thread

Alright look, Starting Strength or some variation of it is your best bet. Don't do a brosplit, don't find a random plan on the internet somewhere.

Starting. Strength.

>The sticky can't answer EVERY question people will have on this board.
you're right, but for a beginning routine it does. JUST DO STARTING STRENGTH.

>If it did then why even have a Veeky Forums board in this first place if nobody is allowed to ask questions or post anything?
We like to shitpost here.

The sticky isn't an answer to every question, but it's an answer to almost every beginner question including yours. Look OP, you're not special. You aren't the first fat person in denial to come into this board to get into fitness. You're idea of working weights 3 days a week with cardio in between isn't special. And your attitude isn't special either. So read the sticky, do any program you want in it, lurk here, then ask questions once you're at least an intermediate and looking for a change in routine or have some progress that you can show off.

> if it's that painful then I won't go and I'll just stay home and rest.

>op goes to gym
>is in pain for a week so he stays at home and eats
>never sees any progress and quits in two days

so OP, I fell for your bait and answered you nicely, you ignore it

so yea, shitposter confirmation, carry on Veeky Forums

fattie here, could i replace the soda i used to drink with aloe or is that just as bad?

just drink plain water with 5 scoops of sugar

I personally like this beginner routine
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Don't neglect mobility and flexibility later on. It takes time, but if you plan to stick to an active lifestyle the payout is great.

that sounds horrible.

Ok OP. I'm gonna lay out a few rules, and anyone is free to object but I won't expect it.

1. Diet comes first
2. Don't overthink it
3. Consistency is key
4. Listen to Veeky Forums but don't listen to Veeky Forums
5. DIET COMES FIRST GODDAMN IT

Are you thirsty? Drink water.

Are you not thirsty but just want some nice drink.
Coffee or tea. The good stuff, not the shit stuff. With minimal sugar and nothing else on coffee. Or make some fruit smoothie, shit's good.
Don't know how to make any of these. Google and Veeky Forums are your friend. Actually, just google, fuck those cu/ck/s even Veeky Forums is better.

The important thing is to cut out everything that has a super strong, fatty, salty or sugary taste. Then after a short adaptation period, everything else will taste great again.

S T I C K Y

I was told water tastes like vomit after you have been drinking sodas for over a year or longer, but you have to keep at it, after 6 months you will find that water tastes delicious, unless you live in burgerland, arsenic tastes like ass, or so I've been told.

OP is KILL at this point.

I forgot one: Buy Creatine and Protein, but do research and become familiar with any other supplement before you buy it.

Okay OP. you seem caught up on getting answers and feedback from us, so let's go through your post bit by bit and see what we can answer.

>I've decided to try and start hitting the gym because frankly I need to do so.
Welcome.

>my plan was to basically do something like this (workout)

Three day a week workouts like Starting Strength would fit perfectly.

>Now I've heard that if you do strength training you're suppose to work different parts of your body, blah blah blah

Which is why you read the sticky, specifically the section on starting strength. It's simple, full body workouts featuring simple, easy to learn barbell movements, no machine bullshit or anything.

>I figured I should work my arms like one day, and then work my legs another day, and then work my abs another day, etc

See this is the part that worries me. I know you probably see us and other people at the gym talking about having separate days for separate body parts, but we're (for the most part) at a more advanced stage than you are. You should focus on gaining strength and losing weight by doing full body workouts three days a week, with cardio on your off days. You know, like STARTING STRENGTH.

>Do you think if I alternated between strength and cardio that would be okay?

Yes, that's fine.

>I figured it would be, but the thing is that I'd have to figure out how many reps to do of a certain exercise and what kind of exercises I should do at the gym to work different parts of my body.

STARTING
FUCKING
STRENGTH

>I'd really like to put on some muscle and convert some of this fat into muscle or however that works.

Fat doesn't convert to muscle, but you can burn fat with building muscle with good diet and a good routine.

>Any advice would be great!

Well OP I hope you're happy, because I typed out this whole god damned response and I doubt you'll even read it.

live in aus, water doesn't taste bad i would say but i feel like i would get sick of only drinking water, so i want something that isn't incredibly bad for you.

It's ok babe not op but I read it much love

Thank you

Actually I made pretty good progress when I was cutting 24/7 for 8 months as a fatty. Of course nowhere near bulking progress but I started my first bulk with a close to 3pl8 diddly and decent form knowledge. Waiting until you're finished cutting to start training is retarded.

>5'4
>going to the gym

it's like you WANT to go to the manlet pit

OP here, I read it, thank you for the kind response.

>kind response

I was pretty mean at certain parts, but hope you don't take it too personally. We get a lot of threads like these, especially right before summer. It gets pretty annoying.

Oh also, don't expect to be shredded by summer. We're good at this fitness stuff, but we aren't magicians.

Now go out, lose some weight, and build some muscle. I believe in you nigga.

Is this actually a bait thread?
Holy shit the delusion.
I am 5'8" and 178 lbs and I know for sure that I am fat (currently cutting)

>Depends if you believe the BMI is objectively right, which I don't, it's flawed in my opinion.
no, you're a fat sack of shit. There's no way around it. And go ahead and do lots of cardio while overweight. I wanna see you destroy your joints dumbass.

You're misinformed about the concept of obesity. Obesity is usually defined as the point where excess fat, particularly around the abdominal area, can have an impact on health, and even a little too much fat around the abdomen can have long term negative consequences. At 5'4 and 170lbs, your BMI is 29.2, which is overweight. Generally, the obesity cutoff is 30. If you're very muscular, then the BMI wouldn't be an accurate indicator of obesity. But for moderately active or sedentary individuals, it's considered accurate enough for most purposes.

Also exercise on it's own is a terrible way to lose weight. Reduce your caloric intake if you want to lose weight.

(You)
Now piss off

>needs anons to tell him how to do
Body part splits make terrible beginning programs, as noted in the sticky.
Just stick to any squat/push/pull routine, like starting strength, stronglifts, or greyskull. Roll a die.
Your rest days should be for rest; add whatever cardio to the end of your workout. Start simple: walk.
Clean up your diet. Its probably terrible.
Lurk more. We have a fucking general about hating fat people.

Get out more. You sound annoying.

I actually did cardio twice a week for about 2 months and lost 10 pounds, also before that I was walking about 5 miles everyday, and I didn't destroy jack shit, faggot.

And yet you're here, begging for help because you're a lazy cunt.
>took 2 months to lose only 10 lbs
Hahahaha. So not only did you destroy some of the cartilage in your knees, you quit only after 2 months, and barely lost weight.

How did I destroy crap? My legs feel fine, and also rapid weight loss is very unhealthy. Realistically you're expected to lose maybe 4-5 lbs a month so I'd say I did pretty good.

Read the fucking sticky
Also
>5'4
>170 lbs
>chubby
lol