I finally hit 1pl ohp today guys, I have nobody else to tell

I finally hit 1pl ohp today guys, I have nobody else to tell.

How was your day?

hey good job user! thats a good milestone

good job user! that's pretty impressive

i dont really understand the fuss about 1pl8 OHP, how long does it usually take people to reach ?
I had been doing half assed calisthenics training before I got a gym membership and in the first month i went from 75lb OHP to 135lb OHP (AKA lmao1pl8)

also, im not hating i just wanna know

Depends on the person. I would consider it the first milestone, 2 plate is really satisfying to reach.

Nice user, I can do 1/2pl8...

Congrats dude, i just started so im a ways away, but its motivating to see people hit it

>ohp 1plate
>bench 200 barely
I thought id def hit 2 plate bench before 1plate ohp. Wat

Congrats man!

Finally hit 1pl8 bench today, nothing for a lot of people but feels fucking good man

Good job OP but don't stop there!

1/2/3/4 (ohp, bench, squat, dead) are seen as highly desirable because it looks neat. It's not quite proportional though.

That's impressive bro, I'd love to see a vid if you have one. It'd be great motivation :)

Congrats man! Nice work and keep at it. :)

OP here, exactly the same actually.

And thanks everyone, hope you all do well.

I think that OHP is, for most people, their weakest lift, but also the lift that takes longer to increase.

I've been stuck at 155 lbs OHP for what feels foerever. lmao 1,5 plates seems literally years away.

ITS quite proportionate other than diddly which should be more like 1/2/3/3.5

I was working lateral delts and tweaked my shit up in my neck/lat. Can't really stretch it out. Should be fine tomorrow.

OHP is the hardest lift to progress in, i.e. it will stall the first of those four in almost any lifter, and the limitations by strength set in very fast. It requires lots of dedicated specific training, which is why out of those 4 lifts I respect a strong OHP the most. Also, women can't do it and if you are at 1pl8 you're stronger than almost all dedicated powerlifting women

to elaborate, female strength athlete outliers that train multiple years (with optional small doses) will be able to reach e.g. deadlifts upwards of 200 kg and squat upwards of 150 kg but they will stall below 1 plate on strict press, atleast in my experience

Interdesting.

It's true that I've never seen a woman OHP more than 10lbs on each side at my gym.

It really depends on the person. Personally I'm training to join the military, thus I was doing tons of calisthenics. I hit a lmao1pl8 OHP the first time I tried to get a 1RM but my friend who was sedentary does 30kg for 5x5 and would probably get a 1RM of like 40kg.

My amusing stat is that my bench 1RM is 80kg...which is the same as my squat...
My ankle mobility is trash but getting better. I feel more comfortable with squats every session. Really looking forward to updating my 1RM for it after I finish my current training cycle.

damn good job user

today I hit ohp 45kg 8x3; next session I will be able to add 1kg or more. I hope I will hit 60kglmao1pl before august comes.

You got this. Keep going. Leave humanity behind.

Always feels good to add 1pl8 to any lift. Good job.

Huh. I knew upper body strength was an issue for females but I guess having done gymnastics (and thus been around girls that had respectable upper body strength in terms of callisthenics) I didn't realise that that would translate to weightlifting so poorly.

Are you doing seated overhead presses?

Had an AMRAP squat set at 122.5 kg, busted out 10 reps
No work tomorrow so I can sleep in until noon
Life was good today
Congrats on the milestone OP!

no
You can do it

I felt so depressed I wated to kill myself but then i just got mad as fuck, did my deadlift sets and felt much better for the rest of my workout. Did full back and biceps and feel refreshed.

It is a good milestone for people to hit.

My goals for 1 1/2 - 2 years of lifting is to hit 2/3/4/5. Hope I don't hit a huge plateau. Might take longer than I hope it will.

t. bloggerfag

And soon it will be 2/3 pl8 and then 3/4 pl8 and then 1 pl8. This is the nature of progress. Accept where you are and don't be discouraged by it. You are where you are because you want to achieve something. You just need to accept that with discipline, patience and perserverance you will make it.

We're all gonna make it.

oh it will take longer, trust me

>135
Wait aren't lmao 1plate 100 lb because one plate is 50?
I swear to good I'll never be not confused by your fucking murican ways of counting weights.

Nice. I decided to try out a 1rm OHP and failed today. Did my sets ending with 135x6 and then tried to hit 165, 1x my bodyweight, for one and failed it lol. I'll try it out Sunday cause I should be able to hit it if I don't go through all my sets first. So close to that goal of 1x bodyweight Ohp. Still off 2x bench by ~60lbs though. My goals for squat/dl are 3x/4x and I'm still a ways off that too.

1 plate is 45 lbs. 45lbs x 3 =135

1pl8 is 1 45 pound plate on both sides of a ~45 pound barbell. So 45 + 45 + the barbell is about 135.

My deadlift is 455 but my bench is 185, my ohp is 120 and my squat is 295 lmao. Imo it should be 1/2/3.5/5

You're either gifted or aren't doing it right. Might be doing a push press instead of a strict press.

congrats friend!!!

We're proud of you, user

>225 ohp
>still empty inside

I'm at 1/2/2.75/3.80(think im gonna get 4 plates next week)
But squat is my weakest lift so idk

>TFW hit 130 5x3 easy.
>TFW gonna hit 150 for a double monday.
THIS MADLAD CANT BE STOPPED I AINT A TWINK NO MORE BOYOS IM MAKING IT

I got 1st runner up in a "sports" themed pageant against other companies in the special economic zone my company is located.
I was up against 10 other dyels. The guy who won was probably 6'1, and I'm a tiny 5'9 manlet, man I wish I was taller - but hey at least I won some free dosh just by walking on a stage, the downside is that I can't imagine facing other people in the office tomorrow.
I probably won't even hit the canteen during peak hours, and I'll adjust my gym schedule from 4-6 to 7-9 just to avoid office mates.

Youre probably push pressing. Strict OHP with full range or motion is hard.

lift more and youll pick up the lingo euroshit

Brehs what are some good accessory lifts that have a strong carry over to OHP?
From my experience
>Klokov presses
>Seat db presses
Any more?

A strict OHP is not hard, learn the movement get the required mobility and it is just as hard as every other lift.

t. 185lb OHP

Congratulations user!

Stop fucking my mind user

Tfw still doing 3x5 at 50kg. For 4 months or so

When people say they can do 1pl8 OHP or 4pl8 deadlift do they just mean a single rep? I've never actually tried to see the maximum I can do in a single rep.

>THEY COUNT THE BAR

Landmine press.

Isnt lmao1pl8 50kg including bar?

60kg
1 plate = 20kg, bar = 20kg

>tfw 0.5/0.75/1/1

>let's count an arbitrary weight with an implied 20kg/45lbs extra weight instead of counting how much we actually lift

Nobody but the most outlying 0.1% of people would ever get a 2plate OHP in 2 years, naturally.

0pl8 OHP for me

triggered

Why do people always say how much they can lift but not how many times?

1pl8x10x3 is a whole diffirent workout from 1pl8x5x5

plus clips

Literally wrong. OHP is objectively harder than the other compound lifts because it uses the fewest and smallest muscles of the rest.

>t. weak curlbro

>snatch presses
>push presses
>snatch push presses
>overhead holds

>t. it's fucking nothing
thanks for that tidbit, make me laugh.

I don't really ohp anymore just a few sets light so I can focus on bench. Have not properly OHP in like 8 months.

Tried to OHP a max the other day still managed 80kg which I was surprised at.

>full body lift
>uses less muscles than other full body lift

Fucking congratz bro, maybe I should try for 100 instead of 95 on my OHP today then.

To the rest of the thread, do you count your 1/2/3/4 as max or when you've done 3x5?

God bless you user
I did OHP again today and got 47kg 4x3 + 4x2
Damn aint this hepburn method sweet

>anime poster
>probably doesn't even lift.

You did not go from 75 to 135, you were probably already strong enough to OHP it before you even entered the gym, either you simply didn't attempt it before 30 days, or you had shitty form at the start.

Yeah but did it take you a month?

Holy shit you are pretty fucking retarded kek

I wish it took me a month, I took my OHP from 115lbs to 185lbs in 3 months.