Is military physical fitness bullshit?

Is military physical fitness bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-physical-fitness
military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-basic-training-pft
military.com/military-fitness/army-special-operations/army-ranger-pft
military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-physical-fitness-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep. Fat and lazy most of them.

For the national guard it sure as hell is.

way more fit than the average american, but not as fit as athlete standards. just be able to run a few miles without breaking, do lots of pushups, situps and some pullups. unless you want to be an elite operator or something.

Depends on what you would do in the military.
In America, basic standards require decent fitness, but once in your actual position, it might not matter.
Only those in combat, special operations, direct support etc. keep in really good shape

It's pretty much what the average person SHOULD be.

Are they fuck fit. Only reason they go through the motions is because it's their job. Look how they get fat as fuck once leaving the service.

nevermind leaving the service, just look at some of the officers

>Be in the national guard
>Be 25 Bravo
>Battalion has no use for me.

I want to go back to basic training.

thats the same as most professional athletes, when you're used to eating a fuckton but then stop doing the amount of exercise as your used to you baloon

SoF and SF are athletes and have mental toughness.
Grunts are pretty fit compared to average person.

POG..pathetic. POG in air force? Never gonna make it.

The point isn't to be psyhically fit necessarily but mentally anyway.

Yet National Guard always win the Best Ranger competitions.

Didn't the NG won last year's Best Ranger?

Depends, they mostly just run and do pushups. Maybe in America they actually train after Basic Training but here in Sweden you never ever do anything physical after Basic.

Always training psyhically in America, even after basic. But not for every single member

I'm in recce pl and those guys and snipers are fit as fuck

well damn.
never realised i was gay till now

Military fitness is not going to get you any gains unless you pursue them yourself.

Which is fairly easy to do with all the free fitness centers and meals you dont pay for.

>perfect on a USMC PFT
>23 pull ups, 115 crunches in two minutes, 18 minutes on a three mile run

I'll bet anything that less than 2% of Veeky Forums could do that

ITT: Is functional strength bullshit?

EVERY SINGLE TIME I see a picture of SF they're handsome as fuck. It's the same when I look at good atheletes. They all, without exception, have masculine chins and jawlines and then I look at my chinlet self in the mirror and realise that that's the reason I'll never make it. No chinlet or jawlet ever makes it. Why is life so unfair?

Pilots are pretty in-shape desu.

This.

You should be able to complete the Army standards for push ups and sit ups, USMC standards for pull ups, crunches, and running. Later aim for Ranger standards although they're sort of on par with the USMC standards.

>military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-physical-fitness
>military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-basic-training-pft
>military.com/military-fitness/army-special-operations/army-ranger-pft

Fixed link to USMC standards:
>military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-physical-fitness-test

It does get you fit alright, but they don't care about your long term fitness; joint issues, parity of opposing muscle groups, posture and of course aesthetics. All they care about is you being able to do the things they need you to do for the limited time frame in which you need to do it.

It's 20 pull ups and 100 sit ups

Source I'm a jareen

And an iron man pft

Almost entirely except for sof. I know SF does the THOR program for the most part, which is a spin on Military Athlete programming.

You have two minutes for 23 pull ups? You could just do 3 sets of 8 in that time with generous rest in between.

non stop brah lol

I'm a 25C and I didn't even know you existed you useless fuck.

Eh, kind of. It won't get you fucking ripped, but it'll make you more fit then the average person. Really it's just meant to get you up to a baseline that honestly isn't that high, if you really want to be fit you better be lifting on your off time.

Keep in mind military fitness is aimed at trying to get 7-8 people of wildly varying degrees of shape physically trained at one time without access to any real gym equipment. Of course it's going to face severe limitations, that being said it's come a long a lot in the last few years.

I think you have unlimited time for pull ups.

You aren't allowed to let go of the bar. Enjoy your rest.

>THOR program
What? As far as I know that's a dietary guide. Everybody SF/Ranger/SoF in general does whatever the fuck they want for PT- generally it looks like a flavor of crossfit but without terrible form.

>Keep in mind military fitness is aimed at trying to get 7-8 people of wildly varying degrees of shape physically trained at one time without access to any real gym equipment. Of course it's going to face severe limitations, that being said it's come a long a lot in the last few years.

Don't understand why military fitness neglects dips and inverted rows. It's always push ups and pull ups.

Can't say much about inverted rows, but most Army barracks have a row of dip bars outside their barracks alongside a set of pull up bars.

Seriously dips are one of the easier things to do with a group of people. And I hate them because they fuck up my shoulders.

In the marine corps, at least in the infantry, you're pretty much automatically considered a piece of shit if you can't keep up physically. Pogs are different, some are in really good shape but most aren't because they dont have to be for their job.

It's common knowledge in the military that the really swole guys are the biggest desk jockey pogs because infantry guys lose all their gains when we go to the field. It's a curse

>NG
>doesnt have to do real training
>can train all year long without the interruption of deployment, training, or other bullshit

even 75th's (winning) teams are mostly comprised of low density/dudes who work in staff