Do you guys remember 5 years ago when people loved ATG squats and encouraged everyone to squat deep...

Do you guys remember 5 years ago when people loved ATG squats and encouraged everyone to squat deep? What's changed in those 5 years? Seems like people don't care for ATG squats as much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6UgD1H_AXw
youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not everyone has the mobility/anatomy to. For me to squat that deep I have to go way wider than appropriate for a heavy squat.

We should be recommending pausing every squat though. That's a universal to get behind.

I pause squat as an accessory to my heavy squat. No way I could squat as heavy with a pause.

Need to work on ecentric phase then. Don't dive bomb.

>mfw I haven't squated in several months and my legs might've even grown a bit from just doing deadlifts

Rather than spend the time to fix their buttwink, they blamed it on some crap about proportions and flexibility. Which is bullshit.

its the only way i squat

well deadlifts are mainly a leg exercise so that makes sense

if you're using your back when you lift, then you're doing it wrong

You can't deadlift without using your back. It's not solely a leg exercise, but also a back exercise.

no, you're supposed to lock your back and have it relaxed and just lift using your legs. don't use your back when you're deadlifting. it's a very common mistake.

>Your back starts not perpendicular to the ground.
>It ends perpendicular to the ground
>This exercises the back

Relax your back? That mother fucker should be stiff and stable mother fucker

Pls don't try to pick up hitchikers on your way out to snap city

I don't think anyone can pause squat their max.

I pause squat 30lbs behind what I normally squat. Pause squats for sets of 5 is hard as fuck though.

No. It seems you don't know what you're talking about, but that's okay. It's not possible to deadlift without utilizing your back, although obviously you must not rely solely on it. Here's a couple of very basic videos about deadlifting. Watch them.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6UgD1H_AXw
youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc

Wtf are you smoking?

where do you guys think you are?

Veeky Forums has become a casual hole of people wanting results without doing work.

So often now I see dyels trying to justify front squats or hack squats or other fuccboi shit as being just as good or better than back squatting.

no one here lifts anymore

same but I've also been doing direct quad work, also on my way to 6pl8 deadlift

does it hurt being that retarded

knee extension occurs in the deadlift but it is by no means primarily a quad exercise

they can be, depending on what the goal is

not everyone is going to get huge quads from back squatting alone, there are certain builds that make it necessary to train quads with other movements

bodybuilders like Dorian understood this, powerlifting coaches understand this

Everyone got their massive glutes and moved on to calves.

Every time.
Somebody can't read.
Front squats are a great assistance yes.
But they are simply not better than back squats.

/thread

As a lanklett I have no choice but to primarily use my back

What do you think of negatives? I generally blast out 4x5 or 4x8 squats. Then to get juicy and sweaty I'll do a 3 thirty second hold at the bottom of a lighter squat.

I recently started squating with my father for yhe first time since being at the gym for 4 years. I have 1 bad part of my spike that is like .5 inches off but we only found out after an xray for something unrelated. Was scared to do it with him til my leg gainz hit a wall. Makes me squat about a few inches about that pic. Its the most exhausting and most rewarding thing felt in a long time.