Does Veeky Forums drink? Alcohol has been mankind's friend for thousands of years, why not indulge?

Does Veeky Forums drink? Alcohol has been mankind's friend for thousands of years, why not indulge?

Not any more, I've always been in"great shape" according to Normie's, lifted heavy, I'm a big dude, quit drinking middle of January, I just got told by a grill I look like I could have been in the movie 300, only thing I changed was giving up the hooch went from strong fat? To/thicc/

but what about having fun with friends?

I drink maybe like twice a month. When I do it's around 3 -4 glasses of wine. It's just not that fun, I mean I like it when doing it, but I cannot fathom the amount it would take to become an alchie.

I drink heavily every night but still manage to stay in shape and not feel like shit
I've only been doing this for 3 years though, so I don't know what that will mean later in life

damn that shit's going to catch up with you.

Honestly I'm a much better person without it to, I spend more time with my wife and kids, the buddies who didn't freak out about my bit driving go Rock climbing, mountain biking, and sailing with me still. Sailing is the only time is hard, this year's the first time I've ever taken my boat out sober, still fun as fuck but damn I miss that beer in my hand

Every younin thinks it won't get you later in life. It will, might not bill till you're 55, but you'll get got if you keep it up.

More than I should, less than I'd like.

I go out to drink twice a month if i'ts a good month.

And at that point I maybe have 3 IPAs at most.

Also sometimes I crack open a pisswater coors when it's hot out as a refreshment after yardwork or while grilling for the week. Even then it's one can usually.

Not drinking* not "bit driving" fuck autocorrect

only wine or hard liquor. beer is poison

>Does Veeky Forums drink?
Every now and then, sure.

Daily? Not anymore.

Your liver can only handle so much punishment before you start damaging it.

>beer is poison
explain?

I do, but I keep it to less than ten drinks per week to stay lean.

I'm a bartender so I end up drinking once or twice a week. Usually stick to mostly liquor these days though. I'm pretty good at not eating shitty food when I'm drunk so I'm actually pretty Veeky Forums.

>Does Veeky Forums drink?

Just popped open a bottle of geuze, breh. I only drink on weekends.

You sound like a pretty cool guy - kudos

Thank you, I feel pretty good to, I have no problem with people drinking but giving it up was the best thing I've ever done, I'm happy with my life right now and Im usually kind of depressed

is it hard to become a bartender? I'm in college about to turn 21.

You have to kill another bartender first to take his place.

nightclub - be chad
pub - know the owners/employees
anywhere else - apply

No cause /fraud/ and alcohol is poison. Once you get older people stop clubbing and shit and you don't need to go to a bar to meet people.

If the only thing you and your friends do together is drinking you probably don't actually have much in common or a good friendship, took me a long time to realize this

It's not hard at all if you know people or are a girl. If you are a guy you will probably have to barback first...that's what I did. You still make really good money (especially for a college student) and you just do the bitch work for the bar (clean glasses, carry kegs, carry cases of beer etc.). The best part is that you don't have to talk to annoying customers. Let them know you want to move up to tending bar and hopefully you'll get promoted quickly.

god alcohol is such an insane social lubricant for me.

i literally turn into the life of the party when im drunk and am 100x more charismatic

I drink heavily once a week when going out with friends, I make sure to drink lots of water. I also drink the occasional glass of wine when out on dates. I do not drink hard liquor or mixed drinks, I only drink pints of pale ale or lagers. The reason for this is because it takes me longer to consume, I don't get too intoxicated because I am pacing myself, and it helps me measure my how much I am drinking. A lot of people will advocate clear spirits or spirits in general as a better way to maintain health, but it really is a lot worse for you than the empty calories you are getting from beers.

I do not drink alcohol at all outside of these circumstances. I believe that in moderation (once a week) is the key to maintaining a healthy balance when consuming alcohol.

try molly

where 2 get?

Or coke.....

I drink socially with a small friend group maybe once or twice a month on average.

The novelty wore off pretty fast for me.

I realized that the most common outcome of getting drunk at a party was that at the end of the night I just walked home at 3 AM or crashed at their place after feeling like I would've maybe had more fun staying home and playing vidya.

Like, the dream scenario is you go out to a party, get a little tipsy and gregarious, chat up a hot woman and then hook up with them- but that barely ever happens, and if you always drink with the same people like I do its even less likely since unless someone brought a friend over its the same 4 dudes and 2 girls neither of which I'm attracted to.

Also I always go over the previous night in my head the morning after and cringe for like a solid hour even if I didn't do anything bad and people thought I was the life of the party.

There's always the risk I say something dumb while inebriated and give away my power level, that's actually one of the main reasons I don't use any substance harder than alcohol.

Alcohol is the most harddest substance for making you act like a complete dickhead. You now have nothing to lose

This desu. The difference is amazing for me

alphabay

lul

NO! Are you kidding?

Used to drink a fifth of shitty vodka every night. Somehow managed to stay Veeky Forums, but nowhere near my true potential.

Now I only have 1-2 drinks monthly with friends and I'm looking better than ever. It's been nice watching my hard work in the gym actually start paying off.

Help Veeky Forums, im trying to figure out if such thing is possible:

>be me
>can never really get 'drunk'
>believe its due to a stomach predisposition/condition according to mom and aunt
>stomach cant process alcohol
>i can drink maybe 3 beers or so in a night or similar amount of wine/liquor, any more makes me puke
>even with 3 or so drinks it feels like the alcohol just sits in my stomach
>will drink then fall asleep only to wake up feeling it in my stomach
>puking it out makes me instantly feel better, although still shitty

Is this a thing and what is it called? Honestly, im kind of thankful to have it because drinking just seems shitty all around. Have so many college friends that are literally alcoholics and spend 50$+ in a night drinking and do it multiple times per week.

are you Asian? About 1/3 of Asians get sick and red when drinking booze, nothing you can really do about it.

If this is your personality then you are 100% bound for major drinking problems. You need to start learning to abstain where possible. I wish I could slap some sense into the younger me.

I took a year off from drinking then drank nearly a whole bottle of whisky
I had a headache and my eyes felt like they were gonna pop out my head for two days what happened to be brahs?

Asian confirmed. Fuck sake Kanashi do you even web?

No im not asian. Scotch/irish descent (inb4 drunk irish meme). At first i thought it was just me being a light weight/pansy but ive tried drinking many times and still do to socialize but i just dont get the 'drunk' feeling, like i start to get a little tipsy but things just flatline. I've never even come close to blacking out as i would puke way before then. I also get the spins terribly when smoking weed with it. Like everyone seems to really enjoy drinking but i just do not find it enjoyable one bit.

mankind has also kinda sucked for thousands of years tho

Does it make your face red? Be honest.

No honestly it doesnt from what i can tell. Its hard to describe but its basically like the refined alcohol or liquor just sits in the bottom of my stomach. Like i can feel it hanging out there and need to puke it up. Seems to be worse with beers, especially heavy and dark beers.

I fucking love drinking. I also fly planes. I try not to drink when I fly the next day because i go overboard. It helps to be busy otherwise i just want to drink lol fuck me

I don't drink often.
Last time i did, i almost broke my hand and ended up rolling on my own vomit.
Don't feel like "indulging" after that.

Sweet answer. Will be using this at some point in my life. Thanks mate.

yea yo, my eyes start to ache in bright light after a binge

*tips fedora*

please elaborate

im 18 y/o and basically try to only drink at parties

both my dad and brother are heavy drinkers

lol implying faggot neckbeards aren't obsessed with craft beer

Not everyone responds to alcohol in the same way. When I was younger, like you, I found alcohol was more like amphetamine to me, it gave me a similar buzz. Others would pass out but I would just be on fire. Others would get so uncoordinated and fall over but I would just keep going and fucking going. No doubt, this all starts well and you'll have some epic parties, fuck women you wouldn't have ever got sober, etc. But your type of alcohol metabolism will definitely lead to major fuckups and also dependence. Your brain is energised by alcohol (which is actually a depressant) and you have a very high tolerance to it. You'll find yourself not wanting to stop drinking, unable to pace yourself and unable to lay off the booze. This leads to super intoxication in a body that won't fall over and pass out. You will do incredibly dangerous and stupid things in a state of black out. I've driven trucks, cars, motorbikes etc without having an accident all while blind drunk and had no memory of it the next day. I've also cheated on girlfriends, destroyed many friendships, lost more than a couple of jobs, simply because of the way my body processes alcohol.
If you get this incredible rush from drinking and your immediate relatives have drinking problems HUGE RED FLAG DESU.
I'm lucky to be alive. My doctor knows how much I used to drink and he is amazed my liver still works. Please talk to a health professional or at the very least realise that you are at extremely high risk of being a problem drinker.

This shit is so fucking true. One of my earliest times drinking was after getting fit, was at a party and went from quiet to hella outgoing with several shots and got my dick sucked that night because of it. Lead to me drinking in social situations all the time and I got super out of shape and developed a drinking problem that I had to recover from. Be careful

>got my dick sucked that night

What was his name ?

>boom

It will hit you hard at age 30. That's when I quit and resolved to get Veeky Forums

No

I get hungover on just 1 drink

yes and its killing my gains

I don't drink. Never really enjoyed it. It never brought out my inner lion. If anything I became antisocial when drunk because I knew that everything coming out of my mouth was incoherent.
Drugs don't do it for me I guess.

saved.

appreciate the advice bro.

was considering joining a fraternity in college but might have to reconsider now.

Started lifting 2 years ago, quit beer 1 year ago, for the past year been only drinking hard liquor, had 6 bottles of beer last night and I woke up shitting everything I ate for the past 3 days.

The same thing happened with sodas, quit it 2 years ago and now I can't stomach the shit.

Glad tbqhfamalambam, now I have a reason to turn down the liquid jew.