Is alcohol real bad for gainz

Hey mates, I've looked online and read a few things, how bad is alcohol for muscle growth / recovery? If I drink 1-2 beers every week or two, am i going to kill my gains? If I drink beer after or before a hard day will that kill my gains pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why the fuck would you be drinking when your not going to get drunk.

Ignore the child.

1-2 beers a WEEK? Hell no, man. That will not affect you in any way. If you're not getting hammered on the reg, then all you really have to worry about is the wasted calories.

To unwind and feel good, I'm a real light weight, one beer gets me p tipsy

bless you

Is getting hammered really that bad? Iirc it can reduce your muscle growth by like 10% and test reduction is extremely small

Are you 15?

Getting wasted daily will wreck your shit so don't become an alcohol

Hows about 300-400ml of a 25-40% alcohol by weight beverage a week?
enough to border on tipsy and drunk one day a week and just let loose.

Alcohol is pretty bad. It kills gains and loved ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao

drink the pain away user. Hand over your gains to the gains goblins

>If I drink beer after or before a hard day will that kill my gains

Just be sober by the time you're going to bed. Alcohol reduces the duration and quality of sleep. The sleepiness that it causes is an unfortunate cause of confusion but it really is very bad for sleep and sleep is very important for gains.

Google leangains alcohol. It's not as bad as you think. In fact it's kinda good.

No, its not that bad if you are not doing this regularly

Alcohol after a workout is bad.

Getting drunk is bad.

Otherwise, don't stress. If you get a kick out of drinkinga little every now and then, it might be worth it.

Personally I avoid drinking almost entirely. I notice a very clear connection between poor recovery and alcohol consumption in myself.

i drink every literally every night something like 4+ drinks and my lifts have been going up every week.

i kinda want to stop but its an addiction now I think or an experiment. i get drunk every night and lift every morning. what a weird life.

he's right tho.

literally no point to drink alcohol unless youre getting drunk

Idk but i went to the gym and had 3 beers last night anf now i feel like shit

On a related note
Recently I had my first alcoholic drink, just a beer Smirnoff ice vodka beer I think it was. Just had a slight headache on my right temple which went after 10mins
Second time I had a glass of wine, 2 whiskey colas. Felt no different and then slight headache in cerebellum.

My question is how do I find out my alcohol capacity? Also how do you measure how much you drink each time? Like you find out the alcohol volume or what?

A couple of drinks a week won't do shit, and may actually be beneficial. It takes abuse-tier levels of drinking over a sustained period of time for it to cause lasting damage to your body.

>become the most fit i've ever been in my life
>become an alcoholic at the same time
>daytime: lift, balanced diet, protons, shakes, pre-cooked meals
>darkness: alcohol, alcohol, a hearty proton shake right before bed
>repeat

It's good for constipation and UTI, think it also helps your kidneys, might be wrong about that.

I'm talking about small amounts not alcoholic amounts.

>4 drinks a night
>drunk

Just wait till your tolerance goes up, and it will, in a hurry. You haven't lived til you had to drink a litre of vodka every single day for months on end just to avoid withdrawals.

Ahh, good times.

But yeah, as a recovered drunk I would advise you to cut down now, while you still have the choice. It gets complicated quick, if you don't watch your shit.

Smirnoff isn't beer and your limit is the bit about 2 drinks before you vomit.

>You haven't lived til you had to drink a litre of vodka every single day
Ho boy, and I thought I was bad in my 2-3 alcoholic years where I drank a 0.5-1 bottles a day.

>Is alcohol real bad for gainz
only if you're drinking pleb tier alcohol like flavoured beer or some shit women drink

I drink like 6-7 cans a beer 4 days a week:(

>doesn't enjoy the taste of pilsner after his meal
even if you make it, you'll still be a fag

Why drink alcohol in the first place?

Pretty much same here. Usually it's light beer, so it's not as terrible, but I could be so much leaner if I just fucking stopped.

If you get drunk everytime it is the worst thing you can do for your gains, but like you drink 1-2 beers every week so it doesn't really effect your muscles, so don't worry about it and enjoy your beer.

You will be fine. Drinking dehydrates you. It will shed water weight bro.

Want to show off those abs. Have a drink or two the night before.

Wake up looking cut.

Been there m8, the shakes and hallucinations where no fun. Been drinking less and less and am sober most.of the time. My liver does not hurt as much and i no longer feel my heart in my chest, we're all going to make it.

>drinking on a cut
>get hungry when buzzed
>out of calories for the day

it's the worst fucking thing in the world.

I did that for a while when I was unemployed. Basically the only way I didn't go insane. I wouldn't recommend it, after about 3-4 weeks you start to become numb to it and don't even realize you're drinking just to drink and not for pleasure.

Thank you for this video - literally changed the way I drink now

No, the sleepiness is caused by the alchohol literally stopping your brain from signalling your body, and therefor making you tired

This

Wtf is the point of having 1 or 2? If youre going to drink you might as well drink like a man and get hammered

I drink like 6-7 beers a night.
enough to get moderately drunk.
I need to stop eventually because the gym opens at 7am and the bench is taken all day after opening.
I usually eat more meat and way less carbs during the day to allow for boozing but it's not exactly ideal.