If you aren't taking cold showers every day, you are not Veeky Forums

If you aren't taking cold showers every day, you are not Veeky Forums.
And by cold, I mean 100% cold. Don't be a fucking pussy.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(07)00566-X/fulltext?cc=y=
jap.physiology.org/content/19/6/1145.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22141210
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4052348/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
webmd.com/diet/news/20141022/brown-fat-weight-loss#2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2938508/
thebroscientist.com/bullshit-cold-showers-youve-told-far/
youtube.com/watch?v=iyAPDGFX8MI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where are the links to the studies?

contrast showers superior to cold showers

>detox
c'mon user

Oops, OP! Seems like you forgot to include the sources for your picture. Better luck next time!

This, cold water won't clean you. Start warm then finish cold

>showering to get rid of toxins

OP is this you?

“Cold water causes your blood to move to your organs to keep them warm.”
No. Cold water acts as a cutaneous vasoconstrictor, causing the skin to get less blood flow. This doesn’t translate into blood “moving to your organs”. Blood follows the same vessels either way. The difference is really that your blood pressure will be higher after exposure to cold water, an effect which is generally considered unhealthy.
“Cold shower proponents argue that stimulating the circulatory system in this way keeps them healthier and younger looking than their hot water-loving counterparts.”
Nonsense. There is no such thing as “stimulating the circulatory system” just as there is no such thing as “boosting the immune system”. What you’re actually doing is stressing your body by lowering your core temperature, forcing the body to expend calories to maintain thermal homeostasis. By the way, if your core temperature drops below around 95 F, you’re hypothermic, and that’s a medical emergency. The first sign is usually uncontrollable shivering, followed by tachycardia — rapid heartbeat — and an immediate urge to urinate. Such conditions are also absolutely terrible for the liver, and doing it regularly might eventually trigger type 2 diabetes.

Here are a few

>Immersion at 14°C lowered Tre and increased MR by 350%, HR, SBP, and DBP by 5%, 7%, and 8%, respectively. Plasma noradrenaline and dopamine concentrations were increased by 530% and by 250%, respectively, while diuresis increased by 163%, which was more than at 32°C. Plasma aldosterone concentrations increased by 23%. Plasma renin activity was reduced. Cortisol concentrations tended to decrease
>Regular winter swimming significantly decreased tension, fatigue, memory, and mood negative state points with the duration of swimming period; significantly increased vigor-activity scores; relieved pain who suffered from rheumatism, fibromyalgia, or asthma; and improved general well-being in swimmers

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/

>Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect.

medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(07)00566-X/fulltext?cc=y=

>A shower of ice-cold water over the chest caused large increases in systolic and diastolic arterial pressures, pulse pressure, and pulse rate in normal subjects. Cardiac output rose by 59 and 100% in the two subjects in whom it was measured.

jap.physiology.org/content/19/6/1145.short

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22141210
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4052348/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
webmd.com/diet/news/20141022/brown-fat-weight-loss#2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2938508/

Oh and 1 last thing:
Proves you aren't a sissy little bitch, and you have the discipline to go through some discomfort through your life.

Its not like the taps arent invented, anyone can just go take a shower and start warm and gradually go cold. It doesnt "take a man" to do so, even if you think youre a tough guy after doing it.

1. I don't start warm and go to cold, I stand under the showerhead and I turn it on cold 100%.
2. Doing that actually does take mental toughness, and the shock it causes will make you have some fear for the next time.
3. You can't talk shit if you haven't done it.

Because taking them after a workout is proven to be a bad choise. Taking them during the morning while working out, however, might be good for you.

However this cannot be put to practice, as a normal person showers once a daily, not twice. Therefore the most logical time to take a shower is after training, and like I mentioned earlier, that is the opposite of optimal.

/thread

It’s called a Scottish shower you fuck.

Then I go home and fuck my wife, my neighbours wife and lay on a pile of cash to take a nap.

cringe honestly mate

>Because taking them after a workout is proven to be a bad choise.
Uncited bullshit coming straight out of your ass.

>/thread
lol

Cold showers, nofap, PUA etc won't cure your autism.

No, theres literally always that one guy spamming the huge pile of links to prove you wrong. Lets just wait, maybe hes australian or some shit.

Its been generally accepted earlier in fit that that is the case and taking cold showers that are timed away from the workout, seem to be on the rise.

Does it help with dry skin? I shower basically everyday and I dont want my skin to get fucked

>choise
>/thread
fuck off

Hyei reddit!

nIGGER

It helped my bad skin. You may be different, though.

what do you mean by bad skin?

I also get some pimples in my back and rear delt, no idea how since its the only place where it happens.
and i dont even roid

That's ok user. Because girls don't care whether a guy has autism or not, they care that he is good looking and fun to be around.

>a normal person showers once a daily, not twice.

That's actually disgusting.

Either you go to bed filthy from the day and shower in the morning, or you go to work after sweating (you will always perspire and lay in your perspiration while sleeping [especially in the crotch/ass cheek/armpit areas] no matter how cold it is) in your sleep.

You're a putrid sack of shit.

Say hi to your parents house and your bad skin.

You can't say hi to houses user, they aren't alive or capable of understanding human language.

thebroscientist.com/bullshit-cold-showers-youve-told-far/
Btfo

I actually very recently watched a Dr. Rhonda Patrick chat with Rogan and she said (plunder throuh the 3 hour chat to find her references) generally cold showers reduce inflammation which may prove negative for those seeking to gain muscle mass, however after cardio and BEFORE resistance training there are massive performance enhancing benefits. I usually wait about half hour to an hour after my workout is done to do hot/cold/hot/cold showers.

Dry skin on my face and pimply skin on my back. Switching to cold showers has helped both. Also for a pimply back I’d recommend using a proper hard-bristled scrub.

If you think your skin is going to be impacted by showering twice a day, you really must be a disgusting human being.

I live in the tropics. I live for cold showers. Fuck warm showers, this shit hole is hot enough already.

thanks for the input

I have a shower sponge which is soft in one side and hard(to the point it hurts when you scrub) and I like to scrub my back from time to time

>(you will always perspire and lay in your perspiration while sleeping [especially in the crotch/ass cheek/armpit areas]
that's actually one of the symptoms of low test
you might want to get that checked

Do you go to Doherty's? I feel like you go to Doherty's.

Aussie here. I feel the same. At least our heat is dry; high humidity must be a bitch.

Towelling off is way nicer after a cold shower because your skin gets taught

Nah, I've been tested. You're just disgusting.

nah, I'm a normal person (different fag) who doesn't live in a 3rd world country where it gets +30C during nights

>thinks taking a cold shower makes him a badman
I used to train waterpolo in an open air gym during the winter in a certain cold-ass country. The pool didn't have any heating because it was a poverty-tier club and I can tell you that many of the guys I trained with who stomached the cold-ass water didn't have true mental toughness. Many of us went to the military (mandatory) and quite a few them really struggled. Like not normal military struggle but genuine emotional distress. You wanna be a tough guy do something that takes true mental strength and that sure as hell isn't taking a cold shower.

>I'm too poor to have heating in my house

Kek - recognised the poster. Only reason I opened this thread.

>heating your room up to 30C

I sleep with my windows open during the summer

You probably shit in your kitchen sink, too.

What days?

i don't really care for the studies, but cold showers:
>wake me up better than anything else in the morning
>take some mental discipline to get into everyday
>doesn't dry my skin out
>don't make me smell any better or worse as long as i soap up
>feels good on sore muscles
>enables me to swim in cold af ocean/lake water whenever i want

I don't think there's anything "macho" about it, and the internal changes are probably insignificant. But when I weigh the pros and cons of each, cold showers win.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22141210
>Acutely changes blood cell count
So does jogging.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4052348/
>Actually a dangerous sport that puts unnecessary stress on your body and causes many cardiac events among participants, moreso than other sports
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
>Practical testing by a statistically insignificant number of people
>webmd.com/diet/news/20141022/brown-fat-weight-loss#2
>increase brown fat
>not just increasing muscle
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2938508/
>Alternating between cold and hot waters might be able to aid in muscle recovery
Guess what, there are things that impact muscle recovery far more than this shit.

Your studies are shit and you don't have any foundation. Doing something you don't enjoy for the sake of not enjoying it is retarded as fuck, especially if it's not helpful. If you enjoy it, knock yourself out. I don't give a fuck.

Stopped reading at detox.

Most.
Too autistic to make contact though (if that's what you're thinking).

meme

Stick to your warm slob showers you little baby.

>ad-hominem
lol he blew you the fuck out

I'm in every day from 1500-1700 or thereabouts. Keep working.

He has his points and I have mine.

I'm going with the side that has been practiced since ancient times and know for having health benefits.
He is giving his "expert interpretation" on some studies, all for the sake for denying the health benefits.

I'd hardly call what I said ad hominem taking all that into consideration along with that the fact that if you take cold showers you factually have more discipline then a fag that takes warm showers.

Looks like we're on different shifts then - I go mornings.
On that note I need to sleep.

Enjoy man.

>using a shower
>not letting sweat wash away dirt and grime

Pfffft

t. Nurgle

It's a perfect system, the only way to wash yourself is to keep lifting

this. Start warm, apply soap. Then wash off with cold water.

After I finish an intense run I can come home do some streches and step right into a cold shower no problem. But if I just wake up in the morning and try to take a cold shower its way to hard. Anyone else know what I mean?

But it's the buzz word!

>eliminate toxins

that actually made no sense and you know it

how fucking fat must you be that you need to shower twice a day?

I live in the southernmost part of Louisiana. I can confirm that 100% relative humidity makes 100° weather far worse.

Cold showers a best

i like doing the hot bath and cold ass showers when there is time

This is for fucking for pusseis, anyone can switch to cold AFTER being in warm water for a while, it takes a real man to be able to get into cold water right away

it also takes a real man to cut off your finger with scissors.

Pussies wont do it, ask them!!!

I take extremely hot sauna everyday 30min session (I´m Finnish) to the point that the heat becomes unbearable. Then I finish off with ice cold shower.

It is actually a bit mentally challenging to go through this everyday but I´ve been doing this for months.

Last friday after hard day at work I actually let myself have a long, normal cold shower instead of the ice cold one (believe me that the water in Finland is fucking cold)

Amazing feeling after finishing off the sauna and with ice cold shower though. I do it mostly for circulation benefits

This. I'm a huge proponent of them simply because it makes me not pit out every shirt I wear, it's nearly completely fixed my over sweating problem in general. Plus my gf says it's made my beard and chest hair feel better to the touch.

Southeast Texas reporting

>being so fat that you sweat at night while making very minimal movement

Lose some weight, fatass.

You are trying to equate amputating body parts, which is always something that should be avoided, to taking cold showers which is good for you.

Warm water opens up your pores. Better clean when scrubbing away oils and dirt.

Cold water tightens the skin back up.

As far as muscles and pain goes, it's the same principle as icy hot patches. Don't be a retard and buy into the whole "MAN SHIT"

What OP posted is most likely exaggerated bullshit, but here is my experience
>waking up and putting yourself through an uncomfortable situation and enduring it feels extremely rewarding, plus on the long run you learn some discipline if you don't break the habit
>my skin is FAR less dry, and I have much less acne than when I use hot showers
>my hair feels better to the touch
>it wakes me up instantly, I feel like punching mike tyson in the middle of the shower
>it feels awesome after the shower ends, and the feeling remains for some time.
>I adapt far better to cold weather than when I used hot showers
>Plus it just feels good to know that other "men" will cry for hot water while you can get into cold water without giving much of a fuck.
>I learned to love them, after work when I'm tired I just sit in the tub and let the cold water run, it really helps.

It makes no sense to shower with hot water in a hot climate, just like it makes no sense to shower with cold water in a cold climate.

And yet people go swimming in ice lakes in northern Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=iyAPDGFX8MI

>2017
>not air-drying
kek

>implying anything russians do makes sense

this.
these posters are complete retards

I live in an area where it's below 0C 7 months a year.
Yeah I don't think I need any more cold in my life.

you do know that those people are drunk out of their asses, right?

>Warm water opens your pores
When will retards stop parroting this

Yeah, yeah, im with you, op.

If you sleep indoors, cook food on a stove, and shave with a razor instead of a piece of flint, you are a pussy who lacks mental toughness

How frigid is your water that you get hypothermia after a couple minutes?

>>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2938508/

not to mention that study has a sample size of 2 lol

cold showers are a shit forced meme

ill stick to my comfy warm showers

You do realize you're just proving the point.
There is no reason for you to list those things if they weren't tough.

>heal and tone skin
now thats bullshit, been cold showering for 2 months now and my skin hasnt got a single bit better.

Thats exactly why I listed them. Only a Real Man does those things. Only bitches make use of modern conveniences

I don't care about benefits... I do it because every single time I get out of shower I feel fucking manly and nothing can hurt me at that moment. That feeling after the cold shower is amazing and it feels like I have 100x more energy.

how old are you

nobody cares if you think anybody is a pussy

Only something a pussy would say to be honest

"Real man"

Are you even 200 lbs m8

I start warm, then a bit hotter to relax muscles etc then cold to get a boost of alertness to counter the warm drowsiness

Yeah boy 450lbs at 6'2" ultra Kodiak bear perma bulk mode
Meat is for the man, bones are for dogs
It goes both ways!!!!

Brb, taking diabetes meds

....i can't see my feet.....

I did them for a couple months and my skin never looked better

Sounds like someone is new to fit

Hot showers also damage your hair

Fuck your special snowflake shit

"My skin can only get cleaned from cold water"

HAHAHA

>clean
>help a bad skin

Why would you even think thats what he meant?

REKT