What type of lifting produces the biggest mass gains?

What type of lifting produces the biggest mass gains?

Eg, heavy weight low reps produces strength, HIIT produces most hormones, etc.

picking up heavy things produces results

Calorie surplus

Total training volume.

Pounds/Kgs lifted.

Aslong as you are between 5-20 reps. Eg, on the 5th rep you can possible do 1 more or not even that or if you go 20 reps on the 19-20 rep you could possible do 1-2 more but no way more than that before failing.

There you go.

For me, I found doing 5 rep sets with as heavy as possible gave me the best gains in size.

How many sets in this total load regime?

this guy is right according to a lot of scientific research on the matter

I like to go 3x5 on compounds and 3x8 on acessories so I dont go REALLY heavy on everything I do, I do pick the heaviest weight I can do on the acessories 3x8 tho

>this man unironically claims to be natural

>that big
>squats lmao 3pl8

top kek matey

Is this really accurate?
How close is the overlap between strength and muscle mass really?

I agree about volume, but I've read that in addition to doing compounds, you should also do some extremely high rep shit often (IE bodyweight stuff like pushups and chinups and rubber band stuff) which will help you grow as well.

I recommend doing all your favourite excercises / compound movements with this in mind.

Do 1 week when you not really take yourself out as hard as many people here as used to.
You maybe feel like you havent even broken a sweat on every workout that first week.

Next week you add some sets or reps to the same excercises. The third week again, just add SOME not many reps/weight or sets to the exact same excercises.

For most people if you started pretty easy to medium hard workout in week 1, then by the time you hit week 5 you should be doing the most work possible for your body each workout that week.

You should feel like you kind hate lifting at that point or atleast when you hit that last workout of week 5 you feel kinds sick of lifting that last set of curls, rows etc.

On week 6, take it easy go to the gym and to half of what you normaly do.

Week 7 or (week 1 b)

You start over.

This is simply called periodization.

Since you seem to know your stuff, what do you think of ?

I'll clarify more: Let's say you do your regular routine, and then in the evenings (or off days) you do some really high rep, but light stuff, such as pushups, rubber band lat raises, and etc.

Consistency, persistence, and a decent program that gets more weight on the bar.

That will help you grow in a way. Everything that is above 20+ reps (its not a magic number but light enough so that its DEFENTLIY below 60% of you 1RM).

Its just that it will mostly just target your fiber type-2 (slow twitch), which will get the main growth and your type-1 (fast twitch) will set in on those last reps when you feel like your blood is gonna blow out your veins of the pump.

But those techniques of lifting will only work for some time until your body addapts. Lets say after 2-3 weeks of doing those kind of sets. (30+ reps lets say).

You feel most likle, lets say at week 4, not be having anything near a pump you just to have. Doing those exact same high reps sets. Possibly also having exhusting feeling. Feeling drained.

Throw those kind of rep raings in once in a while at the end of a (week 5 like in my example) to really get that last bit if muscle activation before having a rest week.

But dont do this every 5 weeks.

Calling bullshit on that jacked up asshole being natty

Hurr what makes you think so

This is broscience the thread

sounds good my man, thanks

>I like to go 3x5 on compounds and 3x8 on acessories so I dont go REALLY heavy on everything I do, I do pick the heaviest weight I can do on the acessories 3x8 tho

How's that been working out for you?

>Pounds/Kgs lifted
>100kg x 10 is the same as 200kg x 5

worked pretty well

>get stronger on compounds
>allows me to lift more on acessories
>???
>strong and building mass

also pretty hilarious when all the roided dudes mire your lifts

Mirin.

What does your routine/program look like? I could use some inspiration.

Let say you can do 100 kg for 10 in the squat.

You will not be able to do 200 kg for 5 reps in the squat.

Go try.

t-thanks

A

Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Weiighted Pull-Ups 3x8
Incline DBB Bench 3x8
Hammer Curls 3x8
Ab Wheel 3x8

B

Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
BB Row 3x8 (I change up angles from time to time)
Weighted Dips 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x8
Ab Wheel 3x8

3x week

Weakling lmfao.

Nice.

>squats lmao 3pl8
You mean puts that on his back for a photoshoot*