How much time you actually spend at the gym?

How much time you actually spend at the gym?
I am lifting 3 times per week for nearly 6 months. I follow routine made by gym instructor. 4 sets, 12 reps in 10 different exercises for every part of the body. I've made some gains but whole training takes me fucking lot of time, almost 2h for lifting, 2,5h including warm-up, stretching and shower. I take from 1 min break after first set to about 2 min break before last, heaviest one.
Am I retarded? Is it normal amount of time? I am basicly a NEET right now, so I would waste that time anyway. I started to think about amount of time spent at the gym when girl from reception asked my as a joke if gym is my new home.

normal

no time. Literally ZERO hours. I run on the street like a real man. No membership dues, no travelling, no locker rooms. Just running, getting Veeky Forums. Getting six packs.

A lot of this board doesn't actually go to a gym

That's a normal amount of time, btw

Running is for fags, bro.

I spend about an hour total lifting. I also only do compounds mostly...I wouldn't waste time doing bullshit isolation stuff.

>How much time you actually spend at the gym?
4 workouts, so about 6 hours/week cuz sometimes cardio.

I'm enhanced too, going more is a waste of time DESU. Theyre 4 arm workouts KEK.
enjoy your erectile dysfunction and frail boyish girlfriend

> Am I retarded?
Yes. Even Mr. Olympia champions only train for 1 hour a day. Do 3 sets of 5 reps for compound lifts. Retard.

I do ppl with boxing and muay Thai. I'm usually spending 1 hour to 1.25 hours lifting and 1 hour training or sparring boxing/muay Thai. 2-2.5 hours a day x 6 days a week. I aim to spend more time in the gym than on video games erryday.

If you're doing a whole body workout then yes it's difficult to do much less. If you were to do some sort of split, you could easily cut it down to say 6 lifts per session and save yourself a lot of time.

>How much time you actually spend at the gym?
About 5 hours each week doing an upper lower split.
>takes me fucking lot of time, almost 2h for lifting, 2,5h including warm-up, stretching and shower. I take from 1 min break after first set to about 2 min break before last, heaviest one.
Stop that meme routine and get on a real one.

3 days for 60-90 min then do cardio another 3 days in the week.

Doing SS and like ~45-55 minutes
Guessing this is normal

~1hr twice a day 6 days a week. Plus some rockclimbing.

one hour 4 times a week
i have a home gym so i cook and do housework in between heavy sets
it's alright although it is a time investment

OP here

I changed my routine for one month for one including 8 exercises, 3 sets, 12-15 reps. I think that they were mostly similar to previous one, but without curls for biceps and triceps exercise. I needed 1,5h to finish this routine.
After that month I gained only 0,3 kg muscles in torso only. With previous one I had better results 1,7 kg of muscles all around the body.

Should I join stronglifts meme hype train? Should I trust split meme? Should I go on with my routine if it gives me gains?

bump

Write the entire god damn thing, it's impossible for us to check it if we don't know what the fuck you are doing.

Without counting cardio and ab training like 45 minutes to an hour.

longer routine
4x12

1) dumbbell benchpress (horizontal)
2) bar benchpress (inclined)
3) roman chair
4) lat pulldowns
5) biceps curls
6) triceps cable extension
7) lunges
8) leg press
9) OHP with dumbells
10) lying overhead leg raise 4x25-15

shorter routine
3x15

1) lunges
2) leg press
3) seated cable row
4) assisted chin ups on machine
5) bar benchpress (inclined)
6) assisted dips on machine
7) OHP with dumbells
8) Knee/Hip Raise On Parallel Bars

4-5 days a week 1,5 hours

This is a meme routine, you are a newb, you need to get stronger. Get strong on compounds lift so you can do more weight on the accessories for hypertrophy. Good thing is that you are doing compound lifts and doing a full body split. This is a far superior routine than the one you have. Also it is unacceptable you are not doing squats, the deadlift can be ignored for stiff leg deadlift with some pull ups, or above the knee rack pulls, but you cannot ignore the squat.

i go 4 days a week and do a upper/lower split. usually spend 2-2.5 hours each workout.

thank you. How long should be my breaks? Should I add weight with every set? From what percentage of last set weight should I begin my first set?

Source? What anime is that from?

Rest for the 5x5 exercises should be 3min, for hypertrophy exercises 1min, You add weight for the 5x5 exercises (squat deadlift/pullups/rackpull bench press, bent over row and military press) each workout, 2.5 to 5lb if your gym has fractional plates. Add 5 lifts for the squat/deadlift and 2.5 for the bench, overhead press and bent over rows. If you don't have fractional plates, add 5lb untill you stall, then simply add an extra rep ex:
135lb 5x5 workout 1
135 5x6 workout 2
140 5x5 workout 3
when you are unable to progress like this, drop the volume to 3x5 instead of 5x5. Every workset is straight, you don't reduce weight with each set.

For shrugs, tricep extensions, straight bar, hyper ext, close grip bench and cable crunches just add weight whenever you feel you can do the next set of weights, those are not crucial to increase the weight, just use correct form on them.

6 days a week
2 hours at most each wo