Let's say you're close to making it, enough to start pulling girls based on looks...

Let's say you're close to making it, enough to start pulling girls based on looks. What are the negatives go dating a bookish nerd girl? Would they effect your gains?

affect*

These girls don't really exist, they're either Stacies that try to get attention with their persona or they're dykey looking girls with bad skin and don't use any make-up.

I have gotten to that point, those kind of girls tend to be somewhat snoby, they think because they are educated in philosophy and literature they are smarter and their points are more valid. Whenever you make a point based on your own experiences they say things like "oh user you should read *insert batshit crazy psudo philosopher* before you say that". For the record I'm a mechanical engineer so it's not like I'm retarded, but imo philosophy is highly overrated, it just teaches people how to think the way the dude who wrote the book saw the world, it doesn't make you think on your own.

Yah LOl.

ive noticed a bunch of stacies that play sports in my school trying to faking a Book nerdy persona. reading books, watching tv shows like supernatural and going to starbucks

>I'm mechanical engineer
>it's not like I'm retarded

Hahahaha, sure thing.

t. Electrical engineer

Nah, there are a few. Like really rare though. I used to work with a girl who was one of them (no we didn't fug or anything).

Not retarded, just autistic and can't see why it would be helpful to want to understand other peoples viewpoints.

They exist, they're just doing the same thing you did before looking more attractive, staying indoors 24/7 when they're not working.

I'm and I'm not saying I'm against learning new viewpoints, but disregarding yours just because they go against what some dude said 1000 years ago it's no always the logical thing to do. I have read some of it but I use it to form my own point of view.

>they think because they are educated in philosophy and literature they are smarter and their points are more valid.
since you're probably talking out of your ass, they might be. same as if they started bullshitting about engineering based on stuff they read on reddit

It's really rare, why you ask?

A beautiful woman has no REASON to do any of these intellectual things, why would she? Unless she was brought up in some perfect storm of liberal and conservative parent to not be a whore and value intellect but also be winning the genetic lottery to be beautiful.

Girls who read a fuck ton and do other nerdy shit do so because they got rejected doing anything else, because they are ugly or socially inept.

Basically what you want is so rare it's not even a percentage.

Thing is you cannot change math principles, but I have yet to find objective philosophy, tons philosophers contradict themselves even, but you are not gonna be able to design or maintain a combustion engine if you don't firmly grasp the concepts of thermodynamics.

the fact that philosophy is more complicated and difficult to pin down than some of the tried and true parts of basic engineering (science/eng are also highly contradictory and complex at the frontier) doesn't make you not a bullshitter

>Thing is you cannot change math principles
this isn't even true, our understanding of math/science/etc has changed a lot over time. you're confusing models for reality

Girls read trash.
Even the smart girls read their own trash because it sounds romantic. I see the same authors mentioned all the time. Murakami, Vonnegut, Bukowski.
You don't understand philosophy m8. It's not like reading The hungry caterpillar.
They deal with abstracts and things difficult to define and measure so of course it's not going to be exactly like math.
When you notice them contradict themselves you're supposed to do extra legwork and think about how it affects their propositions.
Ancient and classical philosophical texts are studied because they have cultural value and tend to be the starting points of various ideas, not because of their truth value.
Women generally cannot into the basic logic philosophy requires.

Holy shit seems I triggered quite few psychology majors. I don't pretend to know everything, I'm just saying that because I don't agree with what someone said 1000 years ago my point is any less valid.

Only negatives are if you want a party slut, but those are extremely common anyway. No negatives if you're a booknerd yourself.

Not him but you are clearly the triggered one
Also you don't have to agree with a 1000 year old philosophy you're supposed to pick it apart and understand it's flaws and build upon that not agreeing with it blindly otherwise it would just be religion. Philosophy requires you to breakdown your own view of life.

I took a philosphy class and I didn't learn ANYTHING. I was looking forward to it but it was a bunch of nothing + Islamic propaganda.

>Going to school for philosophy
There's your problem

You don't have to agree, but if you don't _know_ what they said, you're not helping your case.

Try paying attention? Or if you're going to be anti-intellectual just own it.

>can't see why it would be helpful to want to understand other peoples viewpoints.
>Not retarded
how can i tell you've never worked a day in your life?

You have to keep in mind that practically every chick says they like to read so as not to appear too basic. Usually, these books don't go beyond Nicholas Sparks and the Law of Attraction and similar brainless drivel. Most flat out don't read (unless you count social media of course).

If you want a girl who won't affect your gains, she has to be into working out BEFORE you start dating, otherwise she'll always drag her feet and hold you back. She'll tempt you with sweets, complain when you tell her that she can't just eat McDonalds whenever she wants, say you're shaming her if you ever mention calories, and make excuses all the time that amount to no more than I just don't feel like it. She'll give up on any given diet plan after two weeks at most and blame you for pointing out the fact.

Point is, any girl not already into fitness and health will hold you back nine times out of ten. I'm speaking from personal experience in my own relationship.

Yeah avoid the faffy eastern philosophy subjects. It's always about stroking your beard and going aaaaaaah at each other. Its on the same tier of thinking as people quoting scripture at each other as if it has deep meaning

ah but the problem is that youre too stupid to understand not that the class didnt teach anything
>expecting to understand philosophy when you cant even understand a class
shiggy diggy
why do all these stupid people come to these boards. like dont they have better things to do? like how stupid does one have to be to think there is objective philosophy lmao

it's ex-christians who leave their faith but don't resolve the rest of their worldview. the type of people who post on /r/atheism and inspired the stem memes

aren't you supposed to be enlightened or something?

you're just some liberal cuck defending fake ass jobs
it was eastern philosophy. the entire semester I was just waiting for the deep wisdom and it never came. it was just common sense and silly fables, literally elementary school level knowledge.

>bookish nerd girl

so, a girl with thick rimmed glasses? Is that your definition? Because girls that are "bookish nerds" are most likely dykes, ugly, or have mental problems. We all know you just want a girl that doesn't make you feel emasculated, you want to feel "dominant", and feel there is no way to do that with a girl with much social experience

>Expects to be given deep answers
>Doesn't want to think for himself

>physics 101 is so dumb! of course i know how gravity and electricity work!

Not really a fair comparison tbqh

you responded exactly like any asshole liberal college student when they get "offended"

it really not making me doubt my view that philosophy is pseodointellectual garbage.

I'm not even liberal

You don't have to change your mind no one cares if you do

pseudointellectual* And you're not here looking for a reason to believe in it, you're just looking for more reasons to reaffirm what you already believe, philosophy has had a major effect on many things, however, it's a slow burning, insidious effect. There is no burst of wisdom or feeling of content. That comes with time, Time you obviously don't want to spend.

>another roody poo who understands exactly how human consciousness works so everything he doesn't agree with is wrong.

Philosophy is about learning to question your beliefs m8. A philosophy teacher is like a guide. You will only learn if you ponder the questions and claims seriously and not just strike them down because you don't agree with them.

Do you believe murder is immoral? Why? Was your response more than "because I feel so"? Congratulations, you just employed philosophy to support your stance.

I'm a chemical engineer and I feel philosophy is a very important field. Do not make the mistake of equating the study of philosophy with people whom practice philosophy.

>waiting for deep wisdom
pic related

sure it is

you learn the basic foundations first, then you learn what people derived from it later, so you can understand both the later material and the field as a whole

i went to college for stem.

>Girls read trash.
>Even the smart girls read their own trash because it sounds romantic. I see the same authors mentioned all the time. Murakami, Vonnegut, Bukowski.

This.

Most women read trash, or attach themselves to a particular scene or niche because it will believe it gives them a new way to obtain a monopoly on male attention.

If you find one of the rare ones who reads for no other sake than to further their own knowledge, then you should savor them.

>this is pseudointellectual because people i hate like it!

>anime
worst kind of Trump supporter. you probably don't even want the wall.

your politics are as hollow as philosophy

you obviously care that someone isn't impressed with your phony wisdom
that's how all knowledge is acquired.

except with philosophy there are no real answers, it's just a bunch of circle jerking about old nothing.
whatever

i get that, but the class didn't even give me anything to ponder. it was all quite obvious. very few fables have a mysterious theme.

if you're arguing that the point of philosophy is supposed to me me go "huh???" then that's still hollow nothingness.

>give a man a fish, feed him for 1 day. teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
soooo fuckin deep right
lol

>expecting intellect from an engineer, which is a meme major built around following formulae and flow charts

There's a reason why mathematicians and physicists often find philosophy a subject dear to them, but engineers share no such interest.

>except with philosophy there are no real answers, it's just a bunch of circle jerking about old nothing.
actually I'm taking this back.

there are answers. i found many of them. the reason I say I don't like philosophy is because dickbags try to tell me there are no objective truths to be found.

so philosophy is cool. leftist subjectivists are the tools ruining it.

i thought your posts reeked of /pol/

>there are no real answers
>dickbags try to tell me there are no objective truths to be found
you're looking at this the wrong way. science and engineering are also, fundamentally, about creating structures and theories that best describe the world, and then applying them. they do not produce objective truths either.

You know politics are a philosophy right? And not every branch of philosophy is metaphysics?

you obviously have never read anything about philosophy you uncultured swine
you probably heard some basic plato shit somewhere in your life and concluded all philosophy is pseudointellectual trash

>because some dude said it 1000 years ago

That shouldn't disqualify it, I don't think the human condition has changed since then.

Since your pilosophy professor was trash let me give you something interesting to think about.

I'm gonna guess that, like most intelligent people, you use science to guide your reasoning. Shit like gravity, math, logic, these are all objective truths to you.

Well what if you are living inside a simulation? What if the laws of the universe as you understand them are simply fabrications?

Can you prove to me right now that you aren't just a brain in a jar that is being manipulated by electric pulses or some shit?

How do you prove it?

>they do not produce objective truths

yes they do you dumb subjectivist. stop ruining everything.

shooting a baby for no reason is always WRONG. that's an objective truth.
whatever>you uncultured swine
hahahaah

this is why nobody likes college students. just a bunch of assholes who think they know everything.

i bet you cowards don't even philosophize, look how defensive you get.

building the wall is objectively the correct choice because Illegal Immigration Is Against The Law. QED, fucking (((liberals)))

it's funny to hear that from a right-winger, because that's part of their core philosophy.

What if you're actually a crazy person and you're not even using a computer right now?

Maybe you're in a mental hospital and you're actually just playing with your own feces?

TOO DEEP FOR ME

this is bullshit man. it's just deconstructionism designed to steer us toward commie revolution.

What if that baby you shot would have been the patient zero for the virus that completely destroys humanity? Would it still be wrong?

I wasn't even insulting or belittling you, now am i am though cause it's clear you have autism here's a (You) on the house kid

2 scared 2 think

Well governments need mindless drones to operate, thanks for keeping my country from collapsing user.

this why nobody likes /pol/, because things go from 0 to schizophrenia really fast

>shooting a baby for no reason is always WRONG
it certainly goes against all ethical systems people would want to live with.

>that's an objective truth.
based on...?

you could think that, but it's not very useful, no? which is why nobody does.

that would qualify as a reason.

I was merely posting an example of an objective truth.

changing the circumstances makes it a totally different scenario, fucking subjectivists ALWAYS do that.

>you uncultured swice
>not an insult

maybe I have autism but you're such a coward you can't even own up to insulting some random guy online lol wtf

Aaaaaaah

Lol

Let's wait until you get a degree before being so uppity, mmmmm-kay?

you may as well be playing in feces if you think that's intelligent. stoner tier conversation honestly.

how exactly was your scenario any more useful than mine? it's the same shit. I was just more vulgar.

>it isn't any more useful
>nobody said it was useful to begin with
Why are you mad user, who hurt you?

>nobody said it was useful

see

>you could think that, but it's not very useful

electrical engineers are just mechies but more autistic

in order of chad to autistic weirdo

aero > mech > automotive > robotics > electrical > medical > chemical

>aero
stale meme

>chemical
delete this :(

t. chem phd candidate @ princeton

chem eng or just chemistry?
chemistry is more autistic than chemeng

aero are supersonic astronaut chads of the sky, mechies are gear and shaft nerds

pure chemistry. got rejected from harvard medical school (dream school desu), so i settled for princeton's grad program

t. BS Chem from some literal who state school with god tier stats

>nobody said it was useful
>that means its not useful

yup

When that guy said that my scenario was not useful, he was implying that his scenario was useful.

Welcome to the human language.

I'm a math PhD student.

Any degree that ends in "of arts" is trash. Let them have their false sense of superiority; reality will hit them when they get a $35k / year job with their massive debt lmao

I'm a civil engineer and got a job literally after my first interview. People who pursue degrees that aren't really marketable then complain about working at jobs like starbucks are the scum of the earth.