How does Veeky Forums feel about Obamacare?

Do you really want it repealed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems_in_2000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>only had medical costs of $8000
>only
Is that supposed to be a reasonable amount?

For the USA, sure. Probably includes his wife as well.

I've literally had $0 in medical costs in the same period and paid over $1000 into the system because shitty Obamacare.

>be me
>not a fat fuck, don't smoke, don't drink excessively
>0$ in medical expenses

Remind me again why I should pay for
Fat fucks

I think we should switch to single payer but bar drug addicts, heavy alcoholics, smokers, and people with a bmi above 30 from entering the program. Incentive to be healthy and the cost is cheaper because unhealthy lifestyle choices aren't using up medical resources.

Your attitude equates to "fuck you, I got mine"
How about a bit of selflessness and care for your compatriots?
What if you get sick tomorrow?
The real problem is that healthcare is too fucking expensive in the states to begin with. Why do doctors make so much goddamn money over there?

>How about a bit of selflessness and care for your compatriots?

I'd honestly care for my compatriots more if they weren't a bunch of gluttonous fat fucks. I hate fat people so much, modern society is a joke. I wish I could live in some asian country where it isn't socially acceptable to be a fat piece of shit.

Why was he posting "this could kill me" or what not that I saw posted if his healthcare costs were only 8k?

>care for obese, alcoholics, druggie pieces of shit who willingly and knowingly fuck their bodies because they know the state will take care of them

Yeah fuck my 'compatriots'.

I shouldn't be forced to get health coverage if I do not deem it necessary.

Jesus that's a logical idea. All joking aside.

Because something could happen, obviously

As a Paramedic, I think it enables people. (Ex. Free narcan, free rides in the ambulance for bs like stubbed to, etc.)

Doctors make money because of how much money it costs to be a doctor. School alone costs a fuckload, then even after they become a doctor they have to deal with retarded shit like malpractice insurance because if you make a single tiny mistake you can bet 80% of your assets the fat fuck you just nicked is going to sue you.

>smokers
What if you're a smoker who gets hit by a car?

What if you're a fatty who gets smoked by a drinker?

What does he even go to the doctor for? I'm sure the diagnosis will always be fat.

>pays 40k in medicare in one year
>we're the problem

If you broke into his house to steal his food, you deserve it.

We need to put a ludicrously massive tax on sugar and tax the everliving fuck out of people with a BMI above 30, increasing as BMI rises. Fatties literally cost the US health system billions every year.

Obamacare is shit and a subsidy for insurance companies. It was passed due to the sheet mathematical need for someone to pay for all the spics, fatties, broke niggers, decrepit boomers and druggies that take and take and take from the system. Someone had to pay and now it's the healthy youth and middle class. People my age, mid 20s, pay up to FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS per month for the shittiest of shit healthcare.

Not me tho I'm health as fuck and am uninsured. Saving mad dosh and didn't pay a penalty on my taxes due to lying about hardship. Fuck em. If I get sick I'll pay out of pocket or make payments (aka next to nothing/settle for less) down the road. It's all a scam, it's the people that pay full price that get shafted. Literally no one pays book prices for these services that's why it's so inflated.

You should hear the bs paramedics will tell you about nigs using ambulances and non emergencies. It will make your blood boil.

>taxation is the answer to everything
Are you a continental European?

Can someone explain why the third world country of the USA does not have public healthcare?

Is there a reason?

Obamacare is far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than anything the republicans are coming up with :/

Repealing it and replacing it with shit that covers several million fewer people is such a bad idea. lol America :(

Its garbage. My dad was not a republican until he became unemployed and started watching fox news.

He voted for Trump without realizing that his son, my brother has type one diabetes and that repealing ACA fucks him hard. I guess he just doesn't care about his son.

I think the reality of the situation will soon set in for him when my brother is finally off the family's health care plan and has to pay absurd amounts of money for insulin and doctor's visits.

Yes, I want it repealed, but frankly the Republican plan is shit too. Honestly, any government run healthcare systems are what drive up costs in the first place and causes hospitals and insurance companies to want to deny people.

The U.S. healthcare system was at it's peak in the 1950's, where only one day's wage could pay for your health insurance for a year. Even if you didn't have it, hospitals didn't cost so much where you were fucked for life unless you were hurt to the point that you could no longer work.

What made the old system so efficient is that the government stayed the fuck out of the healthcare business, and personal health insurance companies could flourish, instead of the current system where your health insurance is forcibly tied to your employer and they take out a bunch of your monthly income to provide you with it.

God I fucking hate people that don't understand shit. Obamacare didn't "cover" anyone, it's a law saying you have to get health insurance, that's fucking it. Sure there's some subsidies for health insurance if you're super fucking poor, but that's about it. The Republicans new version is barely any different, except now you don't have to purchase health insurance which is where the "20 million people are going to "lose" their health insurance!!" Comes from. It's 20 million poor ass people that can't afford health insurance that no longer have to purchase it if they don't want to. Of course I wouldn't expect a mentally ill person such as yourself to do anything but tout Democrat talking points, so this post will go right over your head.

What about universal healthcare? Get rid of paying health insurance.

" ma texas"

To become a medical doctor often takes a decade or more, and is incredibly expensive.

One aspect that I think is ignored when this argument comes up is that in 1950's the technology behind much of medicine was far behind what it is now.

Today, you have a much higher chance of surviving anything infliction that you get, but it comes at the cost of just plain higher costs for that technology and training for doctors (which is also massively increased in price).

I'm not insensitive you your stance on privatizing health care, because for things like technology and other luxuries, that kind of system works very well.
The problem comes about when you have a service or product that people must have, such as health care, education and food. People will pay nearly anything for these items and companies know it, and because they are for-profit, not for-humanity it becomes a blood bath of price gouging and exploitation.

Right, because allowing states to opt out of Medicaid expansion for good and remove the mandate disallowing companies to fuck you over for pre-existing conditions isn't contributing to that number at all.

Not to mention the people that rely on those subsidies to afford their healthcare :/

The right is so silly, in a socially detrimental way.

There is literally no evidence for an insurance-based model proving superior to a single-payer or other universal model.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems_in_2000

Old data, but literally all the top countries have some form of socialized medicine.

if this fat fuck is paying for all of us, then why is he crying about dying due to the repeal?

Also

If we're going to have taxpayer-subsidized medicine in the US, then taxpayers should have a say in regulating the lifestyles of those people taking advantage of the medical system.

It's one thing to ask your countrymen to help you if you get breast cancer, it's another thing to live life as a fat fuck and feel entitled to other peoples' labor or currency.

Healthcare costs go down the more people who have insurance. It's the basic concept of any kind of insurance. If you remove the mandate, and younger healthier people drop out, costs and premiums increase across the board.

In adddition, you have to have a high level of basic coverage (i.e. pregnancy, mental health, etc.) In order to keep costs down for those who need them. If only those with mental health issues or at baby making age pay for this coverage, the plans carrying these services become prohibitively expensive.

Basically, we all keep each other afloat and keep costs low. It's not even close to a perfect system, but if we allow ourselves to get greedy, the neediest amongst us will suffer.

Off my soapbox. Here's some test.

>sound economics
>on /int/
Well done, I suppose.

Pre existing conditions are something important that the ACA covered.

I think Obamacare is shit, I pay more money for less coverage than I did before 2008, my premiums have gone up at least 10% every year, even in years where the coverage option I had selected was discontinued and the remaining choices were worse.

I just don't think that our current political environment is going to be conducive to better legislation being written to replace it.

In America, it's WHITE people paying for NIGGERS and SPICS to get gibz.

I'd be a little more amenable to the "selflessness" and "compatriots" argument if everybody were WHITE, but I'd still bar drug addicts, career criminals, smokers, alkys, and fatties from getting care for their self-caused problems.

Technology drives prices down in every field of human endeavor, except when subsidy allows people to chisel without consequence.

>paid 750 a month
>totalling 13,500

his problem is shitty math, not Obamacare

Also if he paid $40k into Medicare, which is a 2.9% tax rate, that means he earned about $1.379 million last year. And he's bawwwwing that he had to shell out a couple thousand extra to help support the millions of people covered under Obamacare who otherwise wouldn't have any form of health insurance?

To op's point, I'm fine with my taxes going to support people less fortunate than myself. That guy can clearly afford to do it. I make a fraction of what he does but I can still afford to help out others. It sucks for those caught in the middle - not poor enough to benefit from it, but make enough that their healthcare costs more. No form of healthcare will work well for everyone. Obamacare was flawed, but a good step in the right direction, repealing it will be a mistake.

>The problem comes about when you have a service or product that people must have, such as health care, education and food. People will pay nearly anything for these items and companies know it, and because they are for-profit, not for-humanity it becomes a blood bath of price gouging and exploitation.

This is wrong for the same reason why the food business can't price gouge, even though food is a "must-have" product: competition.

If you have multiple different insurance companies and hospitals competing against one another, they can't price gouge or else they will go under. People will inherently seek out the cheapest services, or potentially pay premiums for additional care. Regardless, even must have services can't price gouge when they have competitors wanting to corner the market themselves.

Those "top countries" healthcare systems are plagued with problem, even if costs are low. There is a reason why people all over the world come to the U.S. for healthcare if they can afford it, and that is because our service is the best and quickest.

I actually disagree that food companies are not gouging us on food. If food was run not-for-profit, the price of your food would be absurdly cheap, its just that food is naturally pretty cheap, and that people *could* grow their own damn food if push came to shove.

The alternative to health care for people who get cancer is to die.

Affordable and equally accessible healthcare is one of the great challenges of our time, it's something worth working towards and achieving. Obamacare was a step in the wrong direction, though.

Public health is more than just figuring out how doctors are gonna get paid and who pays em, how folks are gonna afford this or that pill. Long term healthcare sustainability is about promoting policies and practices that enable folks to live healthily without having to consume public medical resources.

Look at Singapore, a good part of the reason that their medical system is so efficient is because of steep barriers to unhealthy behaviour. It's difficult to smoke there, alcohol is absurdly expensive, drugs are almost impossible to get, you get the picture. Subsequently, folks end up with a lot of accumulated medical funds (it's tracked individually) that they rarely use.

I mean, becoming singapore is obviously impossible, but you get the point: if we wanna make healthcare affordable and accessible, we gotta make it less in-demand in the first place.

How about starting with a sugar tax?

That's bullshit. Food is insanely cheap as in, and being 'For-profit' allows those companies to make capital investments (like into new machinery or food growing tech) that continue to make food cheaper in the first place.

Telling people to grow their own food is like when Mao told everyone to make their own steel. It didn't work.

The alternative to healthcare for people who get cancer in the current system is to die. The alternative in a free market would be to have additional treatment choice, more capital investments would be made to develop cancer curing technology, and people could willing sign up for super experimental medicine if nothing else work. Competition gives more options.

You neck fabric necklaces.

The point of insurance is not to make exceptions for pre existing conditions. You dont get home insurance and you come home to a house on fire you cant just expect an insurance company to cover your ass next to fucking nothing if at all. You dont have auto mobile insurance, youll be laughed off the god damn phone when you give them a call after totalling your shit asking for coverage and a claim.

PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS NEGATE THE PURPOSE OF INSURANCE IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE.

you must be so lonely