Is anyone here actually an athlete?

Is anyone here actually an athlete?
No. Bodybuilding is NOT a sport.

Strongman, Oly, and powerlifting are, however. But mostly Oly and Strongman.

Boxing + Running + 2gun
I can barely visit this board, 95% of the shit on here is about dieting and looks

i doubt anyone here is a real athlete. and by that i mean paid adult that does sport. training some shit on your own money and free time doesn't count

Well, isn't that what amateur sports are?

Yeah, I'm sure LeBron is posting in the latest goal body thread right now.

thats cool, i do powerlfting and bjj

Is it possible to into athletics if you never participated in organised sports in your life?

I feel like I'd be adept at sports now that I'm Veeky Forums and not a pathetic fat kid

combat sports?

All sports have amateur divisions you can participate in. Honestly just pick whatever you find most fun, and try it out.

He might aswell with all this free time sweeping.

part of me wants to join a rugby league

Rugby fag here, how are you built?

Used to swim at a decent level.
Participated twice in national university championship. But I did finish second to last in my race and the other was two relays.

short and stocky. 5'7 and about 200 pounds and maybe about 15 percent bodyfat

Played in the CFL for a few years, finished my degree and got a better paying job (career really).

But in all honesty, I was pretty average and even as much as I improved I could tell I was barely going to get any playing time. That and the potential risks were not being outweighed by my pay. Didn't win any Grey Cups tho

I'm playing rugby in national team. We are at 40-ish place in the world rankings right now, and we're not pros, but few of us is playing abroad in very high competition level.

thats cool, how much time do you have to dedicate to it?

Quad where are you?

who is quad?

Bronze medal in junior swimming nationals a few years ago

I used to play provincial tennis

>mode=pedant
None of those are sports either. They're athletic competitions. Sports have an active opposition.
>mode off

Lel you can't just make up your own categories and definitions to feel sophisticated.

So I take it you can't run for shit?

Oly, yes, but powerlifting and strongman are just mental illness'

hey it's better than dehydrating yourself, and lathering your body in what appears to be shoe polish while wearing a banana hammock.

What's your clean and jerk?

are we talking endurance or sprinting? id have to work on both if im gonna be honest with myself

But does that make it any less impressive? I'd hardly compare bodybuilders to models but if golf is a sport and nascar is a sport, the case could be made for BB, could it not?

OSS

>the case could be made for BB, could it not?
Nope. No skill involved.

Strongman is by far the most sport-like of the three, though.

Delete this

What team and what's your name?

Baaseball player here. just finished my 4 years of undergraduate. training for a pro tryout I have in a few months. I've lifted exclusively for sports performance since I started when I was 19. It's a lot different than following some bro split fore sure.