/SKELLY/ general

My fellow skelly or ex-skelly lurkers. In this thread we share our dreams, fears, tears and motivate each other to get swole. Tips and tricks on how to escape skelly mode.

Former skelly here (6'5" 160 -> 6'5" 240). Drank a gallon of milk a day for damn near 3 years. Things I've learned: Don't go for mega-bulks (I started 7 years ago but I hit 230 something like 3 years in and was fat as shit); Don't avoid hypertrophy training; If you are a skelly you must eat untill you are uncomfortable in order to gain weight

Tfw Skeletor and soon summer so gonna need too show off my gross elbows. Bump.

Ex-skellies, post yfw you graduated from spoopy scary skeleton to DYEL

What is hypertrophy again?

Eat until uncomfy. This was it for me. Also I drink milk/oat/banana/apple/pb shakes between meals. Went from 70ish kgs to 80+ at 1,80m

About eating - eat until you feel full, then eat 20% more, this has so far gained me 6kg in 2 months, and I dont drink protein shakes or any shakes so this is with food only.

Mfw

roid

Roids. Just to get it started

take roids

I really dont want to take roids. I used too be a drug addict and i dont want too take anything like them again.

If you were hooked to addiction you should be able to make training your new addiction

Sorry. And eating more.

>addicted to addiction

Just last week
1pl8 bench and 2pl8 squat for reps

trying to get bigger arms 6'3 155
been doing pushups/chin ups. i can do about 35 chin ups, 22 pushups and i can do sit ups seemingly infinitely always have. no pump biceps are 13 inches forearms 11 waist 30.

forever skelly because "muh genetics"
getting out of this curse requires so much money I really can't afford it

also anyone got some advice for a fellow skelly?
I read something about eating lots of icecream so I've stared eating 2 bowls of icecream every day now in hopes of getting some weight

nah

exactly same here. I have decided to fuck it and just become toned by swimming instead of trying to go swolle

Faggot

Growth

>mfw after a year of lifting I now have the strength level of an average male
Still skinny, but God damn it feels so good to not be a freak anymore
Maybe next year I'll hit ottermode

>after a year of lifting I now have the strength level of an average male
>Still skinny

same and I even had a personal trainer, feels like suh a waste of money

Noodles, nuts and nut butters are cheap, dense calorie sources.
Protein powder is pretty good price per gram of protein i think, and you can buy frozen veggies and other stuff with whatever money you have left.

You might not be able to bulk a whole lot, but if you eat what you can with lots of protein, you'll make at least some progress

I get that feeling too sometimes, but that's just how long it takes I guess.
You have to get through this stage to get to the next one, and you won't regret it once you're big and strong.

I bulked succesfully from 175->205 in the last ~8 months (6'5 so I'm not even done yet).

>Make all of your own meals
>Eat as much as you can as fast as you can every meal to increase appetite
>If you can't eat anymore wait ~20 mins and finish your meal
>Repeat every single day

I did this with no supplements, didn't dirty bulk and I didn't see significant bf increase (1-2% at most). The shit is actually easy if you buy your own food and cook for yourself guys. The only thing you really need to do is increase your appetite by eating bigger and bigger meals and it's all smooth sailing from there.

Give it a few months and you'll have slightly above average strength. I was there just a few months ago and now I'm a short ways away from breaking out of the DYEL phase

gained 50lbs between these two pics (180>230)
still look like shit desu. can't really PR without getting even fatter

pics

did I break out from skelly mode?

>Don't bulk too hard - Stay around a 500 kcal surplus
>Do SS but add a handful of upper accessories to prevent t-rex mode
>if legs start outpacing upper body switch to squatting twice a week
>switch to a PPL once you're strength is at a decent level - if you don't have previous lifting/athletic history you may not reach 4/3/2/1 before beginner gains are over and that's okay
>Alternate back and forth between hypertrophy and strength routines to drive progress (if you're not natty just stick with a hypertrophy routine)

Starting from skelly is a blessing, quit complaining faggots. Drink your calories if you're having trouble 4 cups of milk, 8 tbs of PB, and two scoops of protein.

well done

How long did it take you guys to make that progress?
Mirin all btw

Around 3 years for me, but only because I didn't know then what I do now. Probably could have done it in around 2 if I hadn't fucked around the first year. That said I've also never been above ~10% bf and I prefer slow bulking over going from skelly to skinny fat and working from there.

>tfw not a even a skeleton but a SKINNYFAT skeleton with a gut

>get recommended GOMAD, do half GOMAD + SL and upper body accessories

>get some okay muscle gains on muh arms and have gained weight (60 kg to 64kg) but my gut is only increasing

>not sure if I should continue to bulk, cut or bulk slower (300 kcal surplus instead of 500k)

Fug. Skinnyfat skeltons are the lowest tier, this is a fucking curse lads.

>tfw skelly doing 5k calorie bulk and still have abs

>I'm getting fat
>Do I eat the same or less?

Some of you are beyond help

>HURRR
>DURRR

>WHAT IS SKELTON

Listen you fucking nigger, I did GOMAD to put on muscle and size. I am still not where I want to but I am seeing that I am getting fat. So the question is whether I should bulk to achieve desired muscle size, or cut now.

Being on a slight bulk will literally take me half a year to put on anything decent.

How'd I do boyz?
5'10'' @ 125lbs to 6'0'' @ 187 lbs this morning over about 2 years of training

Fuck forgot pic

Pretty good man. How much have your lifts improved?

~5 years on and off, I did pretty much only Olympic weightlifting for a couple of years so most of the visible gains are from about a 2 year period

what are your lifts? Weight? Height?
Mirin hard. I'm training for 4 years but you look better

What is the best way to bulk up if you're a poorfag?

You have to be 18 to post here

SS + Gomad

Find a part time job man.. Like come on

>be skelly
>gained 4kg over the past 2.5 months
>gained some muscles
>developed a belly

n-now im just skinnyfat and still can't bench a pl8

You have nothing to cut to, I'm in the same scenario as you man. Unfortunately I'm just gonna continue bulking and hope this stupid gut doesn't grow any more.

I'm at 61.5kg now, going to bulk till 70 and hopefully by then I have developed something to cut to.

I'm sick of eating so much.

Lads, I think us 3 should just get on test, do a single cycle, and get it over with. Being skinnyfat is awful.

>tfw I'm not embarrassed about my twig arms anymore, they're merely DYEL tier now

>have a gut instead

Overall I'm happy about the arms, but pissed about the gut.

>tfw I'm getting closer 1pl8lmao

>do one cycle then stop and enjoy gains

That's not how roids work you mong

How do you avoid throwing up. I'm sitting on the toilet right now shitting my brains out trying not to hurl at the same time.

>implying

I've done muh research on this. Going on a single test cycle for base muscle mass gains, then coming off it coupled with PCT would both fixed skelly mode and give you a foundation to later work with. Not only that, but running a single cycle has been shown to promote further muscle gains when natty.

>but you'll lose ur mass when u stop

No you fucking won't unless you stop working out or are already past your maximum genetic potential. At that point you need the roids to keep the muscle on you since your body can't maintain it naturally. Not an issue for skeletons.

>doing more than one cycle of test
>making it

Top kek.

>I've done muh research on this
fucking LMAO

>fucking LMAO

LMAO

pardon my newfaggotry but what's ss?

Starting Strength
Read the fucking sticky

By increasing your diet slowly, also working out heavy compounds will make you hungrier.

I first replaced my brekfast of 2 fried eggs to 3 eggs and a small sandwich with ham, salad and young cheese.

After that I increased my meat portions from eg. 3 pieces of pork to 4, also dinner I try and drink at least two tall glasses of whole milk.

I never felt sick, maybe nauseus sometimes when I eat a lot of tuna salad because it doesn't agree with me, but you fucked up somehow, take it slow.

Skeletor super tip:
Buy a big ol' bag of maltodextrin. And mix 2 large scoops of that stuff in to your gym water bottle. If you want to go super hi-fi with this add 5 grams of bcaa's in, that's entirely optional though, I don't do it.
And why should you ingest fast carbohydrates while training? Working out inseases your insulin sensitivity, and ingesting carbs initiates the insulin response, raising your blood insulin levels. Insulin acts anti-catabolic during your workout and anabolic after your workout. You want insulin levels skyrocket while under maximum workload and taper off after that. So load up on that carbohydrate during workout and have like one scoop mixed with your proton shake after workout. Also makes for some 300 calories with very little hunger suppression.
Peri-workout time is the best time to stock up on those carbs. If you work out in the morning like I do you get up, have 2 bananas, a protein shake and go to the gym, at the gym you guzzle down the intra-workout carb drink. After the workout you have your post-workout
proton shake with malto in it and some oatmeal. Fortify that shit with some chia seeds or other equally fatty substance, oatmeal is incredibly filling and we can't have that.
That would add up to about 1000 calories before lunch, in water. Couple hundo more if you use whole milk.

Don't worry too much about throwing up in the beginning. I did it a couple times, just gotta power through. Eating enough is super easy for me now, 3 months in.

>not how it works

t. ultra roider who can't stop and has no self-discipline

Careful there m8, you'll blow your heart out.

Don't bother with ice cream m8, drink 2 glasses of 2% milk and you'll be fine.

>6'4
>Fast metabolism
>170lbs
>Been lifting on and off since 14 but never ate so I have strength
>Determined to escape the curse
>Now on 3750-4000kcal bulk
>1750kcal of that a shake
>Been going just about 2 months
>Lifts have gone up by 20kg
>Hit 178lbs
>Mom saw me walking my dogs and said I'm looking bigger before I even had a pump going
>Friend says I'm some freak skelly cause I'm thinner than he is (6'0 155lbs) and can lift the same or more than him
>He's been going to the gym for a year
>I also have puffy nipples from puberty

I'm determined to fucking make it lads. I can't afford gyno surgery but I can sure as fuck disguise it with huge muscles...and a healthy dose of sly nipple flicking.

>2%

4% CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

21 yrs old. 5'9ish, 140 lbs. I'm skinny, but not skelly. My dad has a fuck ton of shit for me to work out with in the garage (bench presses, dumbbells, tons of plates, whatever that thing is where you're sitting and you pull the bar down and the weights go up)

I want to look good and feel good. Only problem is I have a few body moles im really self conscious about so I sometimes I lose motivation. Thoughts like "what's the point of looking good with my shirt off if these shits are on me."

Hope you fellas in the thread can achieve whatever you can dream of.

If you're 180 lbs with striated obliques no-oneäs going to notice a mole or two. Lift some fucking weights, and then lift some more. When you're not lifting, you're eating, and when you're not eating you're sleeping.

>tfw 5'10'' king of manlets
>tfw skelly
>59 kg -> 67 kg lbs in 6 months
also
>squat 5x5 40kg -> 5x5 95kg
>deadlift 1x5 40kg -> 1x5 100kg
>bench 5x5 35kg -> 5x5 65kg
>ohp 5x5 25kg -> 5x5 55kg

Thank you kind user. Are the moles really that bad?

post bod

how bad is it lads?
>6'0
>145 lbs

>Start at 145lbs 5'10'' Skelly
>1 and a half cup oats, 4 eggs, banana and milf breakfast
>Pbj sandwhich snack
>Big lunch
>Protein shake
>Dinner
>Protein shake

at 170lbs after a year, just gotta fight your stomach.

1,84m
63kg

Decent leg muscles from walking home drunk.
Absolutely weak upper body, no muscles because I don´t do any sports so far. Also new here.

I plan on training my upper body by bodyweight exercises as well as curling weights.
Maybe even buying a Kayak for /out/ fun and upper body training.

Opinions? am I missing something out?

Just go to the gym faggot, I guarantee you enjoy it after a month.
Keep it simple do PPL

Gym could work if I find a decent one here.

Tfw no milf to eat for breakfast

Eh. I have a decent sized one on my back, and then a small one on shoulder, side, and neck. I could post pics but I'm at work rn.

It's not bad at all. You'll be reasonably aesthetic in a year or two if you clean/slow bulk.

Tfw

>Gained 20lbs in 5 months
>look literally no different except for a slightly protruding stomach

Went from 60kg to 95kg ayy

nice man sick arms

nice steroids injections skills

Thanks, still weak chest and traps though
>Actually believing that you need steroids for this
Pick up some weights for once

will have to take another pic soon, lost a bunch of body fat and look kind of skinny again.
currently 197lbs, long term goal is a somewhat lean 220lbs

>1 month in gym
>gained about 1kg (probably mostly muscle)
>181cm / 74kg

My goal is to be 80kg lean, with 10-13% BF

Am I gonna make it?

>girls keep asking if im gay

JUST BECAUSE I DONT EAT DOESNT MEAN IM A FAGGOT GOD DAMN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ty anons. I'm following the "eat untill you're uncomfortable" advice. Sometimes though I get some gas or something and I feel like a pressure grenade. Thanks for the input!

former skelly
>Went from
>6'4 135 to 6'4 200 lbs now, just breaking ottermode
>I ate shittons of food, but now that I have gf, I don't eat as much
>I would go to the gym, by two things of pound and a half chicken breast
>Go home, cook both, save one for lunch the next day
>Eat a triple batch of oatmeal for breakfast and then the chicken and pasta the next day for lunch
>go work out, come back eat rest of chicken, repeat

Height / Weight?
What's your diet like?

That's not even the same person.

Do you lift?

Keep it up man - looking good so far
I'm in the sameish boat

That guys got some serious bananahands

Finger Blaster Master

sauce

Source

zankuro