When the numbers go up

>when the numbers go up

So how was your gym day today, Veeky Forums?

>bench went up 7.5kg in a single workout
>from 75kg to 82.5kg
>finally 1.5pl8 for many reps
>fuck yeah feeling hyped
>trying to add another 2.5kg next workout for 85kg
>fail miserably during first set
>apparently i used a 12.5kg barbell last time
fuck lads those should be illegal

I was benching 90kg at my home gym on a 7.5kg bar a few years back. Got really into lifting and decided to go to a gym on my lunch break. Loaded up the usual weight and begun my sets. Got 6 reps in and the fucker started coming down on me. Fought it for about 30 secs before a dude helped me pick it up. Being the fucking idiot that I am, I went again. Same result. Dude didn't say a word either time. Turns out the bar is 20kg.
Never been to a gym since.

kek, how do you not know how much your own barbell weighs?

good day tbph

>squatted 115kg 3x5 (last time i tried this, i only managed 5,4,2)
>benched 60kg 3x5 (weak as shit but i'm still happy with it)

at least weight you are using isn't embarrassing

First bulk from ex-fatty cut, feels good.

It got to the point where I was struggling with 225 x5 on bench but I dished out an 245 x 5 last session.

and its only been 2 weeks

My OHP went up by after being on the same weights for two weeks or so.

Not sure what happened, but felt fucking good to get to the 8th rep and realize it was pretty easy

I want to die

other than that, I'm pretty close to 1pl8 bench.

think fucked my right shoulder's shit up

FUCK

Weird day at the gym.
Started out by doing skwats. My squat is fucking weak despite constantly squatting, so I'm pretty terrified to go under the bar. Loaded up 200 pounds, and got some reps more than last squat session. Still couldn't finish a single set of 6 so I ended up dumping the bar every set. I'ts actually kind of weird I've never seen anyone failing a set of squats at my gym other than myself. Maybe they're afraid they're going to get pinned by the bar if they fail?
Also did face pulls. I had a new setup so I look like a retard now doing face pulls on an incline bench with forehead against the bench. At least my rear delts are fantastic.
Hit up some kroc rows. Mild shoulder pain, contemplate on just going back to Pendlay rows. I originally ditched pendlay rows for meadows rows which I ditched for kroc rows so that'd make it a full circle.

First workout a week after a pinched nerve in my upper back.

Was scared AF, turned out fine, did 50% on all weights, feel great.

>felt shit all week
>today was squat prog day 142.5 kg for 1-4
>low bar crushed my chest could not breath
>when it do high bar and kms
>hit it for 8 reps atg
>squat maxe been stuck at 150 for a year
>im moving up
>no knee sleeves needed
this is really the boost i needed to get thru being layed off

shin splints killing me

Took a few days off but it's there again all the same

fuck

>fixed my squats a lot the last week, finally no weird pain in my knees (for now at least)
>fixed my deadlift pretty much, fucking lat activation and dropping with the back first
>overhead is getting there
>probably going to be able to do weighted chinups in 1-2 sessions

today was not bad i guess

How did you pinch the nerve, doing what
How did it feel

I dumped the bar twice in my leg workout last week. Receptionist came up to me and told me I can't slam the bar and not to hurt myself. How the fuck am I supposed to make gains you slag get the fuck outta here.

Also the reason you never see anybody dump the bar is because they don't know how and they're afraid that they're going to die or something

Wear the right shoes you pleb

Been enjoying newb gains for the past 4 months, but now I'm stuck on bench at 180. Not even that heavy. Been lifting about 3 weeks at that weight. Going to work on my core, my triceps and see if that will help me overcome this bump, as well as increase my OHP.

Strongest lift is my squat, I'm 20lbs away from 3plates. 115 on OHP, 305 on DL (also kind of weak).

Any other advice on how to improve bench?

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I was absolutely wrecking myself doing SS for 3 weeks beforehand, and that week my gf was over and I got way too much sleep and rest, story:

>saturday evening, supposed to go out
>gf not wanting to go
>she's 50kg, I'm 80kg
>want to pick her up by the ankles while she's lying face down on the couch
>way too far from my center of gravity
>feel a "twitch" in my muscle, where the lat meets the spine
>think nothing of it, minor strain
>wake up next morning
>physically unable to lift myself from lying position
>she helps me up by pulling my arms
>stand up, pain stabs me trough the back so hard I go blind and deaf
>manage to sit on the couch
>all I see is black and all is hear is ringing while I can barely breathe from the pain
>next 3 days I can hardly walk around even on pain meds, knives stabbing my back
>lose the ability to walk and sit on the ground on my way from the store
>go to doctor, gives me strong pain meds (1600mg ibuprofen)
>pain disappears in the coming 4 days

Do not do stupid shit my friends.

>got kicked out for threatening another member

Kind of bullshit desu.

Way too little sleep and rest***

think I fucked my left shoulder up

should we swap?

>when you injure your shoulder and stop working out the upper body
>when you then injure your pc and stop working out your lower body
>when it's going to be half a year like this

A-am I right OP?

I don't run, I jump rope.

not him, but are you jumping correctly? Your feet should be barely be off the ground when you jump.

If so, just give it time. Your calves/shins will adjust to it. I used to jump rope all the time and the pain I experienced quickly went away with time.

>tired of being hungry skeleman
>start lifting 6 months ago
>stretch marks on my shoulders and biceps just from noob gains
>roommates mirin
>look absurdly bigger comparatively with such little work, strength is still pretty low, though
>Still have 20% bf
>It's OHPday

I'm feelin it, brahs.

Yeah, that's all good, but you've got to jump just a little higher for double unders, and then there's alternating leg, etc etc.

But hopefully it gets better soon!

OHP is my favorite lift because it sorts the boys from the men and is a pretty manly lift in my opinion. I love it

i'm going to preface this by saying i used to lift, but stopped and only recently got back into it.
>could never do BORs without back pain
>couldnt properly diddly, back always rounded
>ended up making imbalances worse because i just kept lifting
>FF to now
>doing nothing for back but seal rows and some chin ups, but decide to try BORs so i can try to learn the form
>exercise bike x 5hrs a week = glute strength and endurance, apparently
>belly of air and a flex of the cheeks and i was comfortably in position
>got to above my bench (used to be very bench dominant due to weak glutes, long legs, and shit muscle connection with lats and also proportions)
>got a few sets of 5 e-z-p-z
>ended up doing 2 extra sets and got just below 1pl8
>bench was super explosive after
im slowly regaining my strength, but dieting sucks and i'm sometimes so tired my lifts suck more than usual. my goal is to add 30lbs to my bench and rows this month and lose another 5-6lbs

I used to struggle with lifting 5 kg dumbbells in pull-up rows due to not exercising. A month later and I'm doing 5 reps with 10kg dumbbells with ease.
I feel fucking great.