What the fuck, is this real? How did he not lose all his muscle?

What the fuck, is this real? How did he not lose all his muscle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E484qiQXxz
youtube.com/watch?v=PrWPKOWd_fg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He had no muscle to lose. Also the body will always burn excess fat first until about 15% bf.

>is this real?
Yeah for sure. Usually when I fast I lose about 15 LB on the first day too

Fucking idiot

He went on a 28 day Water fast.
Apparently all his scars disappeared during the water fast.
Anybody here done a Water fast before?
I'm considering it.

>is this real?
Obviously not.

And this is why we wonder why the average person is so bad at knowing how to lose weight. You have shit like his floating around.

link? proofs? anything?

OP, are you a grill?

Day 1 was his first day of working out and dieting. Day 1 of Fast is the first day he fasted

Here's the link: youtube.com/watch?v=E484qiQXxz

You'll probably faint by the end of the week but go for it.

You won't faint after a week you stupid fuck.

This is an absolute lie

wasn't exactly muscular to begin with
had plenty of fat to burn through for energy
isn't exactly contest shape in term of bf%
began to train during this time, noob gains cancelled out the loss in strength.
>this is possible, but would likely only work for someone who started as overweight/obese with little muscle.

Yeah it's a lie, but muscle loss is always overstated by conventional wisdom. This makes sense. Fat is dead weight to the body and efficiently consumed. Muscle is extremely useful for killing your next meal or making it to the next berry bush. Evolution has constraints, and sometimes it can only produce shitty systems for survival, but its usually pretty good.

This is from the wiki for ketosis

>After about 48 hours of this process, the brain starts burning ketones in order to more directly use the energy from the fat stores that are being depended upon, and to reserve the glucose only for its absolute needs, thus avoiding the depletion of the body's protein store in the muscles.[14]

So maybe you lose some muscle initially rather quickly, then slowly during the rest of the fast.

I did something similar but I didn't want to do zero calorie. I only hate two bananas and an apple daily for 28 days. The month of February. I also did six miles worth of cardio (one hour) every day. Started at 180lbs at 5'8" to 150lbs. Didn't feel sluggish or starving-tier hungry at all. Any time I was feeling hunger creep up, I just drank water. Shit's an easy way to lose weight for sure.

Fasting -> GH increase -> Muscle Sparing = lowered protein catabolism.

> So maybe you lose some muscle initially rather quickly, then slowly during the rest of the fast.

If you go dig into literature on fasting/starvation you'll find you are actually correct.

I really want to know about the scar bullshit because there's no understood medical basis as to how your body would consume scars for fuel that I can find. If you google it you'll find a lot of people making claims, but no photographic evidence whatsoever.

I'm on night 4 of a water fast. If scar reduction is total horseshit I guess I lost a ton of weight, but otherwise I'd rather do it the slow and safe way.

I can kinda believe his water fasting if he was just sitting home all day during it, but he's saying he even did workouts on it. No way you can lift shit on empty stomach. Maybe at starting couple of days yeah, but on day 20, you lift that shit, in your head it all goes black and you just fall down like a tree.

I'd faint after a fucking hour realizing I had 27 more days of that shit.

He might have been on GH and lost weight with cardio and lifting. Eating less helps but it melts muscle most of the time

I'm a fat fuck but have lots muscle too
What I should do

> not doing psmf instead of water fast
> 2017

Yeah this is weird. I saw in another video that he would have to stand up slowly during his fast or else he'd get an insane head rush. No way you can work out under that condition.

Any loose skin from losing that much weight so fast? Kinda considering trying this, or something like it.

I'm considering doing this and documenting the process. I'm not sure about 28 days tho.

> he thinks there's a significant difference between fasting and eating a few hundred calories of protein at day.

xD

>something like it.

PSMF
Way way better than water fasting.

If you're already lifting, do ultimate diet 2.0 by lyle macdonald, it's even better bc you actually make some gains while losing fast at pretty much same pace. (However the workouts will be definitely the worst you'll ever have)

if you aren't a twink and actually have any muscle mass, you wind up needing over 1000 calories of almost all protein if you want to do a psmf according to the book. you are supposed to get 1.5-2x your lean body weight in protein while on psmf. example, if lean body weight = 160 pounds, that would be 240g of protein at 1.5x. chicken breast is one of the best foods for protein. about 240g of protein would be about 31.5 oz of chicken breast or about 1,155 calories.

you're not supposed to exceed 900 calories on psmf you dumb slut.

i accept that you are probably right because i havent read the book in a while and was basing my post on memory. aren't you supposed to do 1.5-2x your lean body weight in protein though? ill have to check

PSMF is barely 1 step removed from fasting, so the idea somebody doing PSMF (hint: F in PSMF = fasting) is going to lecture on how much better it is than fasting is probably a retard.

Is this thread some new, stupid meme I haven't heard of?

Shame with that haircut and face he still looks like a faggot

Eat nothing but greek yogurt for 6 weeks. Mix it with some sugarfree flavor drink to wash the shit down. You'll drop so many pounds people will think you got aids.

Not sure about muscle loss, I was a scrawny skinnyfat fuck back then.

Bad link, nigger. Here's the right one:

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM

ok i skimmed the book and
youre wrong. for class 1 dieters (according to him people with 15% bf or less) who also are lifters, 1.5-2x lean body weight,in pounds, is recommended for grams of protein. for a very large amound of people that would exceed 900 calories

oh i should specify "him" is Lyle McDonald and the book is The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook

>water fast

holy fuck is this real, I can't breathe

prepare to rage

youtube.com/watch?v=PrWPKOWd_fg

I don't even understand this..
He didn't go to the toilet and he had piss that was yellow? That happens when I wake up usually.

In school I remember piss being an indication of hydration. Yellow was just dehydrated.

He talked about sediment in the piss?
Saying he saw it in this but not others when he was well hydrated and pissing regularly.
Not seeing sediment is likely due to going out more often in less dosages.

Someone explain what he was trying to prove and or why I'm supposed to be enraged.
I'm honesty just confused.

Drinking water doesn't stress your kidneys. It is filtered through passively. It's not like your kidneys have to work extra to get rid of the water. He has a fundamental misunderstanding of how kidneys work. His piss is super concentrated because he is dehydrated. If he were to continue, his dehydration would making him hypotensive and he would start to kill his kidneys with hypoperfusion.

He's a retard. Don't take health advice from people that look like sallow gollum creatures.

clenbuterol

If you're seriously considering a water fast, make sure you get sodium in your body somehow. You won't retain any water if you don't eat.

Also, his body isn't becoming more alkaline. Serum pH is very tightly controlled by the kidneys and lungs (7.35-7.45). "Getting rid of acid" and "making your body alkaline" is a bunch of manbun bullshit.

You should stop being delusional
>have lots muscle too
kys

This is biologically incorrect, fat is the most efficient form of storage in the body in terms of carbons reduced state, but it is the last source to be mobilized by the body. The body first utilizes blood glucose levels through insulin, then glycogen stores and gluconeogenesis in the liver, then breaks down amino acids of the muscles, and finally fat in adipose tissue. You can increase beta oxidation of fat by stimulating with epinephrine or caffeine, but this is the way the body works. Take a science class before spouting off nonsense.

Okay I was right, he is just stupidly retarded.

He didn't have any.

lol same.

Any tips on doing a month fast? When does the hunger go away?

what kind of greek yogurt? plain or what

I work a manual labour job lifting lots of heavy shit and eat far too much unhealthy shit.

Autophagy bud, google it. The tl;dr version is that this is a process your body enters when you fast (both IF and EF) and it breaks down damaged cells (scar tissue is basically discount skin) for the amino acids needed in order to build new, healthy cells. There's this dude that went on a fast for 380 days (he was very morbidly obese) and by the time he was done he had no loose skin thanks to this. A nipponese doctor got a Nobel prize in 2016 for discoveries related to autophagy.

>There's this dude that went on a fast for 380 days (he was very morbidly obese) and by the time he was done he had no loose skin

Holy shit. That's crazy. I will search, but do you have a name or source?

I was thinking that the morbidly obese could lose a lot of weight (not necessarily fasting), get down to about 25% body fat, get surgery to remove loose skin, then fast 30 days to remove the scars.

And people with really bad acne could have a cure as well. But this guy from OP is 20 years old as well, so I wonder how age factors into the equation.

They had some discussion of it here as well:

>reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/66v5bi/do_long_fasts_really_get_rid_of_scars/

Here's the paper published based on the results of that fast

Also you can watch some Joe Rogan podcasts, in #935 they talk specifically about this case, also the Rhonda Patrick ones usually feature fasting/diet/supplementation shit.

Thank you. It was in 1966 apparently. No names or pictures of the guy unfortunately. Why wouldn't they take fucking pictures and remove his face ffs?

From what I`ve been reading it looks like:
>Want to lose weight
>eat less calories
>eat every couple of hours
>by eating every couple of hours no muscle sparing GH increase takes place
>muscles get eaten due to lower calories.
>Body goes to shit

I have been doing full day fasts since two weeks. The last five days I have been alternating between eating a day and fasting a day. So far I have lost 9 kilogram (~20lbs) and don`t seem to have lost strength. I still need to lose at least another 9 kilograms before I`m happy with my weight (want to get rid of that belly). I`m leaving town for a few days to visit family and after I return I`ll continue with alternate day fasting and I`ll cut out carbs while I`m at it. A 48 hour plus fast seems to have some good stuff going for it and I`ll do one of those too.

>holy fuck is this real, I can't breathe

No I can't breathe. Just shat a gallon of water for broscience. Never do this.

>28 day Water fast.
28 day water fasting info
Starting a fast ……
Day 1 to 3 of the fast will be the hardest, but the pain will be caused more by
gastric irritation and not true hunger. After day 3 of fasting, hunger is reduced or
disappears all together. The earliest benefit of a fast occurs on days 3-5. Days 7-14
will be healing, days 14-21 will be like a euphoric dream and days 21-28 will be
nothing short than a complete regeneration of the body.

top fucking kek

Can I just dash some salt in my water or will salty water osmosis more water out of me

>Do potential body harming fast
Yeah, might take me a little longer but I'll do it my own way

Do you want that publicity as a guy that was morbidly obese enough to go 380 days of no food with no ill effects? If that were me, I'd opt for full anonymity as well tbqh senpai.

The other thing is that as you can observe in this thread there is a huge stigma on fasting. However, when you think about it for a second, it seems highly unreasonable that your body is some kind of a retard with scissors that stores fat for no reason other than to have you waste away with no muscle mass slower and suffer more, because if it was the case that it went straight through your muscles before it even touched your fat, then that would mean that your average neanderthal would die after being snowed in a cave for a couple of days, bears would become overgrown rats after hybernating, etc. It is really stupid to think that humans have existed for about 200 000 years, yet you're only alive by virtue of modern nutritional science based on discoveries made in the 20th century.

That's pretty accurate desu

Yeah but how long do these phases last? Does your body use amino acids from muscles at the same rate during ketosis?

I wish

Day 1 was supposed to be the hardest day. It was piss easy for me. Because you're just hungry with no other symptoms.

Day 2 came with dizzyness, headaches, and nausea. I got slammed if I walked around or drove, I even had to take breaks from sitting down to lying down. Then to top it all off I got raped with a dose of acid reflux trying to sleep.

Day 3 was the same shit as day 2 except a random fever replaced the heartburn.

Day 4 it's obvious my body isn't running on glucose anymore because I felt fine in light activity. But it's the hungriest I've ever been in my life.

Fasting is not a 2 day gauntlet. For all I know day 5 is going to blow the most.

Of course not. Especially not on fasting. Fasting reduces HGH and only breaks down damaged cells, not healthy muscles. During a fast especially if you're overweight your body will first consume any scar tissue including stretch marks, damaged cells as mentioned before, even cancer cells although I'm a bit sceptical about that, but keto and fasting help with cancer in general since tumors need glycogen to grow at their accelerated rates, any loose skin, etc. Apparently it even goes after damaged DNA a.k.a. 'reverses' the aging process.

Can you drink black coffee when on a water fast?

Are we talking about acne scars, accident scars or stretch marks?

I agree with the second part of your post. A picture is worse a thousand words, and is of great importance to a scientific or medical evaluation like this.

Nowadays, they take pictures for just about everything. Even when you go to the dentist. I guess they just didn't have the cameras readily available at the time or something. The loose skin part is pretty important. I'm going to read the pdf, and see if it's mentioned, but either way am interested in reading it.

no idea mate. I just googled water fast and quoted that from some chick blog.
Seems to be only T H I C C fatties that are doing this thing so they have plenty in reserves

Depends on how shitty your lifestyle was prior to the fast.

I've done a 9, 11, and 30 day water fast and they've become progressively easier each time. My only complaint on the 30 day fast was the body odor and my energy level was so high I often felt restless.

Might be worthwhile to work up to a longer fast if you're having a hard time.

>Might be worthwhile to work up to a longer fast if you're having a hard time.

The problem is it sucks so bad I feel like I'll never get another chance if I quit because fuck doing this again. And the more I suffer, the more I'm throwing away by quitting. Everyone claims you eventually make it to the point where it's easy and its slowly downhill. What if I quit one day before? All that for nothing.

I also wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't very overweight. If I get up to it again, my weight might be too low after normal dieting to see the benefit.

To all the fasters in this thread: did you ever yo-yo back to your original weight or started to binge?

>Fat is dead weight to the body
So is muscle, except muscle burns more calories per unit of weight, so it's dead weight and a freeloader too

Take some exogenous ketones. The thing that nobody talks about fasting is that it is a lot easier if you actually ease into it. You need essential mineral supplements like potassium and calcium, especially the former if you experience any cramps. I did PSMF for 2 weeks before I went full water meme and so I was in ketosis to begin with, that's a huge obstacle to not have in your way. 110 hours in so far, can't say it's peachy, but I've definitely had worse. Gotta break a few fasts to have a 6 pack :^)

On the other hand not everyone is the same and fasting just might not be for you. Either mentally of physically.

I did a 30 day water fast went from 250 to 205 I started around 30 % bodyfat dropped to around 10% .

I drank at least a gallon of water a day sometimes more.I also had salt and a multivitamin which is vital

I walked everymorning for an hour and everynight for an hour

Lifted 3x a week but basic and heavy with few sets

Like bench 2x 3-5 I also got stronger on everything

The first week sucked but dam after I felt amazing I could see the fat going away daily.I went from 42 pants to 34 XXL shirt to L almost medium

I wouldn't. Toxins and other shit are released from you system. Why go through all the effort if you're going to be putting something like coffee, which has it's own junk in the body.

Not that it's bad, but I wouldn't. I would drink decaf green tea maybe.

I'm on day 15 of 30. The temptation to break the fast has been really high the last 3-4 days. How did you make it to 30 without giving up?

holy broscience batman

kys

It was hard but I saw changes in my body daily so that kept me going.My man tits and love handles were literally disappearing

Why can are fat person not pack loads of muscle mass?
Retarded newfag get out, fat people can hold a lot more muscle than ripped.

Very impressive user. Can you share some wisdom? My biggest fear is that I might faint at work, or that I perform even worse than I do now at my tasks.

Make your your actually drinking water I know it sounds ridiculous but people have like a liter and thats it.That wont cut it esp when summer comes around you also should take salt that very vital along with a multivtiamin.Dont do things that are really exhausting if you know if you know you dont feel good eat something dont try to go on or you will pass out

How much salt are we talking about?

It depends on your weight but a gram should do they also have salt tablets with potassium and iodine in them

Can you do this while working a normal 9 to 5 job? I'm thinking of just going very low calories for a while, but not a complete fast because I have to work 5 days a week.

(checked)
K thanks, I`ll get some.

>Toxins

Toxins is a bullshit term

THat makes me realize we will be the first to die or harm their body in case of hunger problems. A bit overweight porkchop will have at least a month of energy stored in his body and could go by without seriously damaging his organs in that time.
An average Veeky Forumsizen, which is I'm guessing 13-15%bf, will start burning their muscles and organ tissues just after a weak.
Not like it's likely scenario, but war never seems likely. Obviously in time of peace low body fat body is way more optimal.

our*
week*
fuck*

just do it the normal way. It's not a race, dud. You'll look good for the next summer

>There's this dude that went on a fast for 380 days (he was very morbidly obese) and by the time he was done he had no loose skin thanks to this

sauce?

A 27-year-old male patient fasted under supervision for 382 days and has subsequently maintained his normal weight. Blood glucose concentrations around 30 mg/100 ml were recorded consistently during the last 8 months, although the patient was ambulant and attending as an out-patient. Responses to glucose and tolbutamide tolerance tests remained normal. The hyperglycaemic response to glucagon was reduced and latterly absent, but promptly returned to normal during carbohydrate refeeding. After an initial decrease was corrected, plasma potassium levels remained normal without supplementation. A temporary period of hypercalcaemia occurred towards the end of the fast. Decreased plasma magnesium concentrations were a consistent feature from the first month onwards. After 100 days of fasting there was a marked and persistent increase in the excretion of urinary cations and inorganic phosphate, which until then had been minimal. These increases may be due to dissolution of excessive soft tissue and skeletal mass. Prolonged fasting in this patient had no ill-effects.

Do you guys who try water fasting have no job or school or something? You just sit home all day?

Probably, it is the ultimate shortcut for fat neets to get slim lel. Then again, I work a physical job and have done alternate day fasting myself while still hauling shit around. You need to go slower and keep electrolyte balance to not pass out with 150lbs crashing down on you, but it's doable. But to completely fast for prolonged periods of time while still functioning? Doubtful without heinous amounts of stimulants, and that will bring its own problems after a while.

What makes you think having a job changes anything? People even lift on water fasts and make progress.

Buy your least favourite tooth paste and every time you crave shitty foods brush your teeth with it, really puts you off eating.