I want a refund

I want a refund
Fuck you Mehdi, your stronglifts ruined me

>i squatted 75 times a week and everything else 35 times a week and now i'm unbalanced!!!!

really makes u think

PEEFECT
Now switch to TM, but split the days PPL style
(Intensity squat + volume DL / intensity bench + volume OHP etc)
You can thank me in 6 months

>He fell for a meme program

Lol never listen to reddit

this

This.

"Hurrr durrr I'm gonna do lower body every single workout and do almost NO upperbody".

This is like the opposite of curlbro routines where you do 6 variations of curls every session. What the fuck man.

You're suppose to NOT SKIP legday. NOT make everyday legday

Jokes on you, I am not allowed to do upper body for at least a month, per physio orders

Leg day is my favourite day anyway, going every second day for legs

Then why are you even bitching about the program you fucking idiot attention seeker?

I'm not op, just butting in, faggot

> Almost no upper body

The program has rows, and ohp/bench 3 times a week.

>Blaiming Mehdi for trying to get strong in 10 exercises instead of 5.

SL sucks as an LP.
It wasted all my novice stage and gains for nothing!

This is because when I started I listened to reddit and didn't know of SS/GSLP yet, and on reddit everyone promotes SL more than SS.
WTF.

Mehdi really should be sued.

should one do bench volume or press intensity first ? (and viceversa)

Play stupid games
Win stupid prizes

So what, SL is shit now?

SL has always been shit.

what his guy said

So what does make it shit compared to SS, for example? The only real difference I see is maybe the order of exercises and less reps, but that's it. What am I missing?

i bthougt working the same muscles everyday wouldnt help them grow because npot enough rest?

too much useless volume.
at that level, 5x5 stunts your gains and fatigues you too much compared to SS' 3x5 that still drives progress up while not being too harsh on recovery.

but the worst thing is that SL program makes you start with an empty bar on everything, letting you add 2.5kg each session since the very beginning.
this literally makes you waste months of gains on bullshit and unnecessary baby weight lifting, while SS makes you start from day 1 at a weight that challenges your body, thus making full use of the extraordinary recovery capabilities of a rank novice's body - that SL just wastes!

Is Candytoes program any good for starting?

I dont see what is wrong with those stats, you are benching over 2plate from a 3 month program.

Too much volume if you're just starting

Why is TM?

Texas Method

What site is this?

ALWAYS do the intensity lift first

bump

how about:

Mon
Bench Volume
Press Intens

Tue
Squat Volume
Deadlift

Thu
Press Intens
Bench Volume

Fri
Squat Intensity
Power Cleans

Questions:
- any room for accessories (i guess 1 at most per day)?

Symetricstrength

But with SS you have to power clean, fuck that

What is the fucking point of doing compound lifts for volume? Just do them for intensity and then do accessory work/isolations for volume afterwards, if you want.

yeah, except you should be doing MORE upper body volume and not less

OHP is not as stressful as bench and does not train as much muscle mass, so it doesn't count as much in upper body volume either

pendlay rows are shit for back development too

not to mention you are doing all of this other stuff after you've already been leveled by a very difficult 5x5 squat, so your ability to load all of this stuff heavy is very compromised

it's a shit squat myopic program with no balance, nobody should do it

do SS instead it's marginally less shitty, or better yet do SS but bench twice a week every week and do it prior to squatting

>paying actual money for a barebones 5x5
are you actually retarded

>not to mention you are doing all of this other stuff after you've already been leveled by a very difficult 5x5 squat, so your ability to load all of this stuff heavy is very compromised
Imagine having work capacity this shit

if you've been doing front squats, power cleans, push presses, chin-ups and pull-ups, you haven't been doing stronglifts.

Yeah, it needs more pulls. Add pull-ups and rows. Maybe some curls.

Actually I meant chin-ups. They use more muscle mass and thus are great for lazy poeple who want to do as little different excercises as possible.

This

Symmetric strength dot com
>how about:
>Mon
>Bench Volume
>Press Intens
I believe you meant bench intensity, press volume. There is no point in doing press intensity twice a week and bench volume twice a week, is there?

>Tue
>Squat Volume
>Deadlift
Same, do deadlift intensity (or power cleans), then squat volume

I'd add >Wed here with weighted (intensity) Chinups and volume rows

>Thu
>Press Intens
>Bench Volume
Nice

>Fri
>Squat Intensity
>Power Cleans
I'd do deadlifts for 5x5 @75% here, maybe even lower intensity but snatch grip deadlifts, unless you have a specific reason to want to do 2 intensity lifts on the same day

You CAN do two volume lifts one day and two intensity lifts the other day, but you'll underperform on both days' second lifts. By doing intensity first and volume second you ensure quality performance and adequate recovery

Also, I'd add >Sat here with intensity rows and volume chinups

If you don't want to train 5-6 days a week but just 4, ignore my >Wed and >Sat suggestions and just add some rows or chinups on both press days. But I like PPL spacing to get some extra volume in for upper body

>Questions:
>- any room for accessories (i guess 1 at most per day)?
Not 1 at most, just don't make them a priority. Whether you do the PPL split or the UL split, you need to ensure two things with the accessories
1) don't do so many that you are too overworked to train the same muscles 3 days later. A way to ensure this is to use very light weight and emulate fatigue by using high reps and short breaks
2) the accessories should compliment the main movements, not repeat them. For example, facepulls compliment the pressing movements because you get to work rear and mid delts. Kneeling tricep pushdowns compliment them also because you work shoulder extension instead of just elbow extension. Doing incline bench on press day or front squats/sumo deads/rack pulls on leg day is repeating the same movement pattern but slightly different.

Can i do this instead of SL? Just made it !

A-Rest-B-Rest-C-D-Rest
A (13):
-Front squat 5x5
-Bench 5x5
-OHP 3x5

B (12):
-Deadlift 5x5
-Chin ups 4x8
-Leg curls 3x10

C (15):
-Back squat 4x5
-Lunges 3x10
-OHP 5x5
-Dips 3x8

D (13):
- Pendlay row 5x5
- Stiff legged deadlifts 5x5
- Pull ups 3x10

>bench twice a week every week and do it prior to squatting
is there any evidence or experience showing this is better to do before squats?

Continued from (2000/2000 characters)

For accessory suggestions:
Press days:
Facepulls. Make sure your end stance is like a double bicep pose, with the ropes slightly over your head and humerus perpendicular to spine, otherwise you are using biceps, lats and traps because you are essentially doing cable rows. Those are pretty much irreplaceable. Superset them with the volume press to save time.
If you are not too tired, kneeling tricep pushdowns and lat raises I guess? But those are kinda superfluous.
>What about dips or DB bench?
See above, too similar.
Pull day:
Hanging leg raises, curls. Farmer walks are nice too.
Leg day:
Maybe lunges or some other form of unilateral leg work like Bulgarian split squats? Dunno, I'm usually fried to do anything else
Hamstring curls or GHR are the only way to train knee flexion. Maybe do them, I don't.

>pendlay rows are shit for back development too
Pic related

Come on, SL is for beginners. They are supposed to have low work capacity. Don't be a dick.

You squat first in SS because squatting is done with higher weights and is more technically demanding, so doing them fresh is advised. Benching or pressing after is sensible because they're so much lighter and this provide a decent breather before pulls.

So why wouldn't I want to keep it that way.
If I'm even a bit tired from a previous exercise the squat will be all over the place. That's why I'm asking for somebody else's experience with this.

I fell for that mistake, then I started squatting only on day B only so once or twice perk week depending on the week. Also had some injuries unrelated to lifting so I didnt lift for a few months and lost some leg size
currently they're proportional and I have to ask, I want to do a Upper/Lower routine but only 3x week and WITHOUT lower body(yes I know doesnt make sense).
would this be ok? I dont want to do anything else for legs other than diddly lifts and hip thrusts since they dont really build the legs at all.

so it would be upper1xUpper2xUpper1xx Etc....

I enjoy squatting but fuck me I dont want to get my legs bigger nor do other leg exercises

>It wasted all my novice stage and gains for nothing!
How, how do you WASTE novice gains? They are NOT time sensitive, it doesn't take a precise amount of time and then you're out.
Worst case, it wasn't optimal for you and you got them slower, or not balanced and the squat went to intermediate before the bench (pretty common and, as that other guy said, easily fixed by switching to the TM as you should do anyway).
SS is still better, but only because the transition to the TM is already built-in.

What are you even asking

>Brutal volume for a beginner
>increase weight weekly instead of every session
Do it after your first plateau

I need help. How do I transfer mass from my ass and legs to my upper body? My legs are gaining so fast that I just noticed I got stretch marks on my ass (pic related). How do I stop this?

Do a handstand

audibly kekd

yes, people doing SL, a linear progression beginner routine, have had many months of lifting to build up their work capacity

is not me
benching or pressing prior to squatting is the way a few SS coaches run their SS, and also the way GSLP does it (which is an SS offshoot pretty much)

the logic is that even the toughest bench workout won't really take that much out of you, because bench really isn't that systemically fatiguing

on the other hand, squatting is very hard, and a hard squat workout will definitely affect what weights you can use on bench

this is just a recommendation on how to make SS a little less squat myopic, if you don't care and just want max squat gains then leave it as is

they're pretty bad

pendlays are only done because Medhi included them in his SS ripoff as a replacement for SS's powercleans, they are not a good upper back exercise as evidenced by the fact that nobody else other than Medhi and his DYEL followers actually do them

regular barbell rows are better, but still have their own problems

chest supported rows, DB rows, t-bar rows, all much better for upper back development because you avoid cantilevering your torso while swinging a weight through the air - better to spend those lower back recovery tokens on squats or deadlifts

unless you do heavy barbell rows for an accessory to the deadlift, which more sense

I was just messing with you pal, I saw the opportunity to post a shitty pun and took it
>chest supported rows, t-bar rows, all much better for upper back development because you avoid cantilevering your torso while swinging a weight through the air - better to spend those lower back recovery tokens on squats or deadlifts
I couldn't agree more, and those two are exactly what I do (along with chinups) for pull day
>unless you do heavy barbell rows for an accessory to the deadlift, which more sense
I prefer to do snatch grip deadlifts as an accessory to the deadlift

desu any deadlift accessory that resembles a deadlift probably has better carryover than a barbell row, but Ed Coan did them for that reason so who am I to question it