Name a single good reason to barbell bench instead of dumbbell bench

Name a single good reason to barbell bench instead of dumbbell bench.
>inb4 cucks actually try to

chicks don't give a shit about your db numbers

user, i've got bad news....

Chicks don't give a shit about your numbers at all. For that reason I'm disregarding your post.

Still waiting, Veeky Forums.

this poster is a virgin

The only level of fitness that the average normie chick gives a shit about is visible abs and decent biceps. They couldn't care less what you bench.

>banging average chicks
no wonder you stick to dbs lmao

>wow user ur strong :)
>haha thanks, I work out a lot
>what are your lift numbers? Precisely how much do you barbell bench press, in kilograms preferably?

That doesn't happen dummy.

barbell trains more stabilising muscles and thus lowers the risk of injury

It's the ego lift

you can't lift 2pl8 without a bar to hold them

Name a single good reason to bench instead of dips.
>inb4 cucks actually try to

>have 2 arms
>lift a plate in each hand
are you retarded or an amputee?

Ok now this is blatantly false. To look nice in a tshirt you need to either have a big rib cage, or good chest and back. Optimal are both. Shoulders and upper pecs are the favorite area of the girl im fucking right now, because thats what they feel up when you are fucking. After that glutes and hammies.
Maybe its just my body, but I they feel you up everywhere except for calves. Back, ass, forearms. You are either a virgin or look like shit

>thinks 2pl8 is 1 plate per side

>can't do literal kindergarten math
>posts shitty reaction images
time to end it

i thought 2pl8 was two 45s on each side

fuck you got me, I should've known better

>why not both
barbell bench press for that compound movement strength gains
dumbbell bench press for that hypertrophy volume gains

>Hasn't had a gf interview at the gym senate

not gonna make it

I'm a close personal friend of my gym congressman, and he pulled some strings to get me a gf without having to go through all the bureaucracy. Sorry you aren't well connected, friendo, maybe you'll get that gf someday...once they process your application ;)

My gym only has up to 25kg dumbbells, so I can't progress from it. Would do both barbell and dumbbell if it was possible.

Been lifting for 5 years and I actually get my absolute best chest gains from a plate-loaded hammer-strength isolateral flat chest press

I can incline bb bench 2 plates for 10, it translates to about 3 plates per side for 10 on this thing. If you put pressing arms as low as they can go you can get an insane stretch reflex from this, it is a million times better than you'll ever get with a bb or db, plus you can focus 1000% on pressing and not worry about failing.

10/10 machine would recommend.

Yeah, it's called avoiding Gyno.

>once they process your application ;)
Savage

What does this even mean?
You think the barbell will give you tits?

The form involved with DB increases estrogen production AND absorption

0/10 try harder next time

>this is the kind of retard who criticize you in CBT

lifting for girls..

Lifting at all...

Am I getting memed here?

I honestly can't fucking tell with this board anymore

The only good reason to do it lies of course in the compareability of the numbers (if you dont reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight) so its just to have a great answer for the “how much u bench, bro?“ -question.

Heavier weight is always better. You can bb bench more than you db bench. And yes it will be more than double one db

It's could care less you fucking retard
They could care less

How bout you stop being autistic and actually TRY something NEW for once in the gym? Instead of being autistically set on your dogmatic training methods, who knows, YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE DECENT GAINS FOR ONCE.

Fucking idiots.

God dam it, that sounds almost reasonable, you are already pushed against a board in a bench, so it's not like a squat where you are taking away half the exercise if you use a smith machine.
I might try using one once a week

I asked because I'm new here and have never heard this before...

Chill dude

Uh no

Because machines are rarely if ever preferable to their free weight counterparts? I bench 335 for a single. I train at a gym where multiple national level powerlifters and strongmen train. I have literally never seen anyone who actually moves decent weight use one of these things. Maybe the bodybuilders might occasionally load them up, but not the big ones, just the small, weak ones.

Why waste time with a garbage movement that has very little real world carryover and doesn't train your stabilisers?

Fuck you I got a doggo and here's a doggo for the thread

Can't do a "close grip dumbbell press" checkmate nugget ez

>I have literally never seen anyone who actually moves decent weight use one of these things.

That has literally nothing to do with muscle gains/aesthetics.

You're a biased strength fag who thinks all machines are shit just because they're shit for building barbell strength. That doesn't mean they're useless for building muscle.

What you're saying here means nothing, the OP wants to make chest gains, therefore he should try other things. I've seen tons of powerlifters who bench 400 and still have DYEL gyno tier chests, strength doesn't always automatically equal a sculpted aesthetic body.

It's "couldn't care less". " Could care less" implies that they do care. "Couldn't care less" means they don't care and its not possible to care less.

You fucking retard.

You're an idiot.
Girls are literally retarded. They have no idea what Veeky Forums is because they are smaller than you and lack the proper perspective to judge.

There's this curlbro at work and all the Staceys think he is on steroids. He's literally a DYEL and doesn't weigh a pound over 135. He just curls.

It will make you stronger overall
Someone with a big barbell bench will also have a big db bench, but not the other way

It is only the other way round surely.

fuck you

I find it much easier to keep my upper back tight with a barbell

because OP is such a humongous fag that doing db bench would relate myself to him somehow, so im sticking to barbell

>he doesn't strap the dumbbells to the bar

Only reason to BB bench is to increase your BB bench, for each muscle there is a better movement

Chest: DB bench, cable flys
Shoulder: Overhead press, DB press
Triceps: Dips, extensions

why would you do OHP and DB Press? That's like doing BB bench then DB bench.

Doing some 5x5 barbell benching will make you stronger so you can pump out your 4x12's on the db's with more weight. Long con, OP.

But I can bench 50kg dumbbells for reps you dyel

Not necessarily done together or in that order, they're just examples of good shoulder exercises.

The motion you do to get the db up gets tougher when working with actual weight.
You can hurt yourself doing it

Yeah these type of machines are not that bad desu

yeah we have one of these at my gym too, I use it when attempting to go heavy and don't have a spotter. We also have an incline one that is pretty good.

>not going to an imperial gym where the word of the Gym Emperor is law
Enjoy lifting that red tape boyo, bet your senate takes months to authorise a deadlift

>just the small weak ones
calum regularly uses hammer strength machines, as do most larger body builders, because you are able to push way more weight without the risk of failure. Are you saying calum is small? Lets see your body that pushes 335 (protip: it doesnt exist)

Reeeeeee

Lmao this guy actually goes around telling girls what he benches...next you'll be explaining protein bars to them

if you dont reply to this post your mom will die fag

he's also on a chemists worth of gear, any amount of training will make him grow

Because a barbell is more stable and consistent on your muscle use than two fucking heavy as dumbbells.

In that case:

Are barbell curls > dumbbell curls?

Good for higher weights, but barbell form doesn't maximize every single bicep muscle, which is why you should do both BB and DB curls.

Dumbell is great because you have a larger rsnge of motion. Barbell is stabalising and with that you have the ability to put much more mass on it and lift more.

You should really be doing both.

>barbell trains more stabilising muscles
but it's quite the opposite, sweetie

If you look like you lift people actually ask you how much you lift (girls included)

muh shoulders

You have 0 idea of what you're talking about

If you could care less that means you care at least a little bit. If you couldn't care less that means you don't care at all.

what?

END IT user END IT ALL NOWWWWW

IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO REDEEM YOURSELF FOR FUCKING UP THIS BAAAAAAAAAADLY

EEEEEENNDD ITTT NOWWWWWWWW

if you have bad shoulders, db bench is troublesome.

The only reason I like doing BB is because it feels cooler to do, basically.

DB feels a LOT better on my shoulders but it's a huge pain in the ass to rack up and I honestly have no idea how the weight transfers from one lift to the other. I can bench 170 but I switched (due to shoulder pain) to a mix of weighted dips and incline DB bench, my DB bench is like 55 lbs per hand? I don't know anymore senpaitachi.

I dumbbell press, but only because I can't bench 2 plates. Once I can, dumbbells will just become ridiculous. And they don't go past 120 in my gym.

never stop using the bells brah. they are incredibly usefull for strenghtening your stabilizers, allowing you to focus your bench 100% on your pecs.

I suddenly bench 6plt