How do I train a 17 year old

How do I train a 17 year old.
> know a bloke who's dad was beating him, he is now living with me.
>He wants to start lifting with me know so been showing him squats, bench and press.
Mate who used to be a PT said I should not get him to start deads until he is 18- Y/N

Currently I am doing 5/3/1 BBB, he wants to train 3 days a week 2 with me 1 without.
What’s a good routine I can give him to get started out.
Was considering getting him to do
A1- 5x5 Bench,
3x12 Shoulder press
3x 12 Row
3x12 Curls
3x 12 Tri- pulldowns
3x 12 Face pulls

B1 5x5 Squat
5x5 Military Press
5xF Chin ups
Core Work

C 5x5 Squat
12x3 Lunges
12x3 leg curls
12x3 hamstring curls

A2 5x5 Military Press
3x12 Incline press or Dumbbell press
5xF Chin ups
3x 12 Curls
3x 12 Tri- pulldowns
3x 12 Face pulls

B25x5 Squat
5x5 Bench Press
5x10 DB Rows
Core Work

C 5x5 Squat
12x3 Lunges
12x3 leg curls
12x3 hamstring curls

Or should I just get him to start doing SS or Strong lifts?

What shitty program is that? SS or gtfo!

Just do Greyskull LP cmon he'll crush his daddy in no time

I didn't mean to judge. But do you really think that being average on all those lift will make you bigger and stronger than lifting 1/2/3/4?

>looking after someone else's kid
>but you aren't fucking the mum
you have literally taken the worst part of being a cuck without any of the benefits

pretty much 5/3/1 BBB but with 5x5 for the compounds and no deadlifts

SS + GOMAD

ignore the pt just don't go overboard on 1rm testing for deadlifts

5/3/1 is an advance program. A beginner doesn't need to isolate before he knows his weakness, which take atleast 6 month to a year. SS with dips and pullups is plenty enough.

I'm pretty sure 531 doesn't have an ABCABCx structure with squats 4 days a week

SS with dips, pullups and lateral raises

>he shouldn't deadlift until he's 18
LMAOing at your life

Im diddlying since 16, no issues. As long as he progresses naturally his body will adapt, hes not a frikkin child

I was always told to wait until 12 years old to start lifting weights. 17 should be fine. Shit, back in Jr high wrestling, we lifted at practice.

I Started with SS when I started.
Any one do Strong lifts or Gray skull and find it worked good for them?

what are his current lifts? at 17 threre really isnt any reason to train him differently than an adult. put him on SS with accessories. maybe add some fun shit if he gets bored because hes a low attention span teen

He is 5'7" 65kg,
Bench- 37.5kgx5
Press- 27.5kg x5
Squat- 50kg x5
Have not got him to do dead lifts yet, - Tried once to get him to do stiff legs as a hamstring exercise but he was having issues keeping his back not rounded.

I see literally no issues with that program. Good strength/aesthetics mix, really good for people who have fucked up genetics for one or more of the big three.

>I should not get him to start deads until he is 18
If he does it with proper form and doesn't lift more than he can handle (whilst maintaining proper firm) as many teens are prone to do then there should be nothing wrong with having deadlift. Also,
>implying one year will make a difference to whether or not he should deadlift
Everyone stops growing at different times and "18" is just an arbitrary age of adulthood

>this program
>this motivation
>trying to act like father/protector
dunno which one is worse

just make sure he has good form and he should be fine to DL. he could also stand to gain some weight t b h

if he sticks with it, hes going to be very grateful to you for giving him help with this shit. hes going to have a head start compared to all the kids who didnt get good advice, or didnt even start to lift until their early 20s

being a cuck without banging hot mom

I started deadlifting at 16. Start low stay 135 and under for a long time and rep it out. It will help build the muscle memory for when he wants to start getting heavier.

>He is 5'7" 65kg,
Fuck teaching him lifting
Get him to go full trap mode and then you'll have a gf(male)

Just make sure he does some light lifting to develop solid glutes and thighs

Too much volume for a beginner, start simple

-looks good.
-add some abs each day.
-c day some gluteham raise or reverse hyperextension.
-don't force the reps on the main lift, he should always have some reps in his tank.

my dad had me doing diddlys at 13 nigga im 6'3 now dont worry about it just oractice priper form

Your programming sucks. Get him started on a beginner name program with a rep, like Starting Strength (and not the ripoff "stronglifts" or "greyskull").

BTW your choice 5/3/1 sucks and is a ripoff of BFS BiggerFasterStronger which is a hs program that Wendler was taught when he played hs ball. It is a good program for kids, high schools have been using it since the 70s.

Middle school kids, like 11-12, lift all the time in the US nowadays. Most chink and russian weightlifters start earlier than that. The key is focusing on form and progressing at their pace.

just put him on a ppl routine