>Nutritional value per 100g:
>Fat: 46.0g
>of which saturates: 8.2g
>monounsaturates: 21.1g
>polyunsaturates: 14.3g
>Carbohydrates: 11.6g
>Fibre: 8.5g
>Protein: 29.6g

What the FUCK why is peanut butter so godly? I might just eat a jar of peanut butter and some chicken breast every day and enjoy a nice easy cut.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f2LYe4Gzmc4
google.com/search?q=partially hydrogenated oil&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
fda.gov/food/ingredientspackaginglabeling/foodadditivesingredients/ucm449162.htm
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/84/1/54
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it would be the best food if it didn't have such heavy calories

That is the best part about it. I dont even get how skellies can whine about not getting enough kcal. If you are missing 500kcal from your daily intake just eat a spoonfull of peanutbutter

Because its just a ground up nut.

You could do the same with any nut. Or hell, any healthy food.

The real magic of PB is its consistency. It prevents bacterium growth and basically cant go off.

Currently doing my first bulk to help escape dyle mode. I use 24 oz of whole milk, 2 scoops of pic related, 1/4 cup of peanuts, a few tbs of peanut butter and a tray of ice.

it's obviously great for bulking but horrible if you're cutting which what i was referring to

Yeah nuts are amazing. Raw are even better but harder to consume much.

A spoonful should be around 100 kcal, but as an ex-fatty a few spoonfuls is easily doable.

Stop using a tea spoon

I can get 70g on a spoon easily which is 400kcal

New to lifting, can someone explain why is fat so important? Popular belief says it should be avoided

Did you read the sticky?

popular belief is often bullshit, especially when it comes to fitness.
this being said, I'm extremely noobish when it comes to nutrition and I would like an explanation of this as well. I wouldn't want to spout wrong factoids all over the place.

This

But to be helpful it's basically because your body does need fat to survive (organs, warmth), so having no fat in your diet and on your body will lead to dying. 'Popular belief' says that you're already fat enough so don't need any more, but the truth is that any calorie excess will lead to fat gain. Fats have more calories per gram so cutting out all fat is a cheat way to cut out a shitload of calories. Most people then replace that with just-as-bad-for-you carbs which doesn't really solve anything at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=f2LYe4Gzmc4

its got a bit more PUFA than i'd prefer but w/e could be worse
as long as you're watching vegetable oils in the rest of your diet you're golden

Eating 100 calories of fat or 100 calories of carbohydrates is the exact same thing when you're eating over your daily limit

Diet is simple; hit your micro nutrient requirements, then hit your kcal requirements with fats and carbohydrates.

You shouldnt avoid all fats either since your body cant produce all types of fat, and some are necessary to live.

I cut on 3200kcal and have no appetite ever. You're simply not big enough (not an insult, just an observation)

Healthy fats are good. The kind you find in nuts and avocados and and good meats and stuff. Your body needs those to do a lot of important stuff, among them synthesizing the protein you eat into gains.

The only reason that people were ever scared of fat is because of a slew of slanted studies in the early 90s sponsored by the sugar industry. I'm not shitting you, it was a legit conspiracy. It is true that a gram of fat has more kcals than a gram of protein, but you still need it, it's as simple as counting the kcals and budgeting it into your diet.

Yurofag here, never tried peanut butter b4 and this thread prompted me to go buy some.
Was pretty hard to find but I got a 340g jar (biggest they had) and this stuff is pretty good. Taste a lot more like peanuts than I anticipated. Also a lot easier to stomach than the chocolate hazelnut spreads I'm used to.

Thank you for reading my blog post.

>Taste a lot more like peanuts than I anticipated.
dude what

most nuts are pretty good for you, peanut butter is just the most popularized easy to eat form of nuts. youd say the same thing about almond butter if that was the popularized one

Years of nutella senpai, I was expecting something a lot sweeter. Not that I am disappointed

>polyunsaturates: 14.3g

as another eurofag buy it off amazon. you can get a 1kg tub for under 10 eur

This is complete nonsense, diatery fat doesnt convert to bodyfat like that because eating fat doesnt spike insulin. If you eat carbs you spike insulin and anything excess calories converts to bodyfat

nutella and real peanut butter are not even comparable. nutella has zero nutritional substance and is nothing but sugar. real peanut butter shouldn't be sweet and has nutritional value. i dont understand why you're even bringing up nutella, you may as well have brought up spreadable butter as comparison- hell the butter is probably a better comparison
>nutella memed faggot
I hate your kind

Jeez senpai did your dad piss in your peanut butter this morning?

Successfully mixing natural peanut butter, getting the dry bits from the bottom and getting a natural consistency, whilst also not spilling the oil, is the final test of strength, dexterity, and manliness.

? what

Dietary fat is already structurally fat so it doesn't NEED insulin to be stored.

having carbs --> insulin spike while having any large amount of fats with that then it is guaranteed fat storage.

this is why we generally keep fats low to minimum especially on a high carb diet (ex refeed)

fats are still fat at the end of the day, to a certain extent.

Fats help boost testosterone levels

This user is essentially correct. Any kcal excess will lead to adding fat, but there is a bit more to it than that.
Fat can be stored without conversion. 1g of excess fat is 1g of stored fat.
Carbs lose approximately 30% of its energy converting into fat to be stored.
Excess protein loses even more than that, as it needs to convert to glycogen before it can then convert to storable energy.

Yeah but eating just fat is better than eating just carbs for fat loss with same calories because fat doesnt spike insulin

Just get over it Veeky Forums. Peanut butter is never going to be healthy.

but muh healthy fats
but muh peudoscience

>Popular belief
>Listening to momscience from the 1950s

estrogen vegan diet is better

peanut butter is only unhealthy when you eat shit like jiff and skippy that adds partially hydrogenated oils (for dat anal leakage and texture consistency) and excessive sugar.
>thinking shitty processed peanut butter is the only one that exists
not very well versed in diet and food, are you?

no, my fathers body was found mostly decomposed in a sleeping bag on a mountain after the snow started to melt back around 2000

There is no such thing as unprocessed peanut butter.

> the final test of strength, dexterity, and manliness.
lol more like the final test of how stupid you are and how long it takes you to figure out that youre supposed to store it upside down

This.
The ingredients list on the jar for peanut butter should read:
Peanuts, Salt.
That's it.

You may actually be retarded.
Try looking at the label once in a while.

ok then, let me re-phrase: shitty, additive laden, over-processed peanut butter.

you know I could say the exact same thing to you. have you read label? do you think that ALL peanut butter ODs on the additives? because it doesn't. there's places you can go and you can pour the peanuts in yourself and have it come straight into a fresh little tub. do you live in the south or something where the only place to buy food is wal mart?

>t. idiot who hasn't heard of natural peanut butter, and is for the destruction of forests for palm oil

Oh boy the evil palm oil meme.

full of oils and that fat/protein ratio is garbage

its more of partially hydrogenated oils that are the problem, a quick google search will show you that
google.com/search?q=partially hydrogenated oil&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

even the lax as fuck american FDA says PHO are bad
fda.gov/food/ingredientspackaginglabeling/foodadditivesingredients/ucm449162.htm

full of what oils? if you get jiff, its going to be partially hydrogenated oils that are bad for you, if its naturally peanut butter than you have nothing to worry about.
>thinks all fats are the same
have you even been reading this thread?

This has nothing to do with palm oil.

>Not making homemade peanut butter out of peanuts, salt and honey

to make partially hydrogenated oil, you need to start off with an oil. a VERY popular oil to do with this is palm oil because its cheap and readily available

They aren't nuts you retards, they're legumes.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/84/1/54
Conclusion: Palm and partially hydrogenated soybean oils, compared with soybean and canola oils, adversely altered the lipoprotein profile in moderately hyperlipidemic subjects without significantly affecting HDL intravascular processing markers.
palm oil in itself isn't exactly good for you either

I have never heard of partially hydrogenated palm oil.

>a spoon

Skelly here, I eat a couple of green apples, each slice with a spoon of peanut butter.
The combination is amazing, and its a thousand calorie breakfast.
Still can't make myself eat lunch.

we weren't arguing that they were nuts you idiot, we were arguing over their nutritional value

Palm oil is mostly saturated. No shit it raises cholesterol.

cool

first, you probably dont read many labels. second, they dont have to say what type of PHO it is, just that its a PHO

What are the "natural" peanut butter brands Veeky Forums buys? I assume it's not Jiffy or Peter Pan.

tell that to
they seem to think palm oil is perfectly healthy and anything bad about it is an "evil meme"

dont trust names, just read the ingredient label. there shouldn't be anything besides peanuts and salt- maybe a bit of honey or something if you're into that

It will also include stabilizers, else it turns into water at the top, dry at the bottom, sticky paste in the middle.

i dont think u understan what hydrogenation is or why it use

no, thats exactly what you DONT want. PHO is what they add as a stabilizer. peanut butter is supposed to separate, just because it makes life difficult for you doesn't mean its bad. and if you store said natural peanut butter upside down, you dont have to worry about the hard chunks settling at the bottom.
let me again re-direct you to the information that has already been sourced on this subject, but that you apparently can't read
seriously, a simple google search would inform you ffs

wow trans fat is bad??? you are a the next einstein or something

doesn't matter what you were arguing, it's still false

Is that powdered peanut butter stuff a meme or is it actually decent?

Sources on this conspiracy thing?

>godly
>Just all fat

Not even saying fat is bad but you're retarded if you're eating 100g pb. Your fats shouldn't be over 30% of your calories. If they are, you're doing it horribly wrong.

Is he ok?

It should be 100% peanuts you fucking casual.

Tfw I want some so bad but I break out like crazy when I eat it

Can anybody redpill me on these? They are dirt cheap at my local supermarket (less than $1). Where's the catch?

Just looked it up. 12 € two fucking kg.
>mfw on a cut
Winter is going to be fun.