Meal prep general

Meal prep general: share ideas, meals, and tips

One of my questions: is it bad to eat (mostly) the same thing everyday?
I meal prepped last summer and ate chicken, rice/potatoes, and green beans twice a day all summer (plus breakfast and dinner).

Is that bad for making gains (former skelly)?

no it's fine

also, can I freeze steak, broccoli and rice altogether? It's easier to just desfrost and eat afterwards

steak will be like rubber if you freeze and reheat, use roast beef instead

thanks, and what about ground beef?

Ground is fine. Depends on what you made though. Things like chili work best (lots of moisture for even reheating).

2lb ground beef
2 eggs
breadcrumbs
onion

mix it up

make into patties

fry it

cook up rice

put patties and rice into containers

clean up mess

Ground beef reheats fine, you just need to make sure you are either draining as much fat off as you can or buying lean ground beef. I prefer it due to the fact that you can flavor it more thoroughly with less prep (e.g. Mixing the spices directly into the beef versus letting a steak set overnight).

Another thing that might just be my imagination, but I would wager ground beef is easier to digest and utilize due to the fact it has already been broken down via being ground up. I might be wrong though.

Also what's a good 3rd prep meal, if I don't want the same thing/meat?

I go to work and eat the two chickens, and go directly to the gym. I need a lot of calories, so what is a calorie dense meal I can prep and take on the go?

>hard mode

Can't have dairy

the best meal prepped food is vegetable pad thai with brown rice noodles. good macros and micros, add protein to meet your requirements.

tuna and rice

I usually cook everyday because I don't like reheated food. I prep my carbs, I have breakfast in the morning, a big shake in the afternoon, and usually 1lb of meet at night.

anyone else here use mini mason jars to pack meals to avoid getting #phytoestrogen gainz?

What kind of tinfoil do you use for your hat?

I am about to start focusing on bulking up since my torso looks somewhat child-like after losing weight.

I need a good rotation of meals (preferably not just ingredient suggestion, but meals) that will help me get take in 165 grams of protein and 2118 calories a day.

I don't need it spoon fed to me since I can calculate how much I need to fit this scheme, I just want a good rotation of three or so variations for the three meals that I will be eating.

When I decided to figure this out by myself, I came to the conclusion that I should eat 9 eggs in the morning which kind of seems crazy to me.

Also I'm confused about pre-workout and post-workout meals. Are these your regular meals like lunch-breakfast-dinner, or something else?

I posted this in another thread but this is what I eat every day and I only prep my meals once a day

Breakfast/Lunch, split into 2 shakes
-----------------------------------------------
2.5 cups frozen blueberries, blackberries, raspberries mix
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2-3 cups of Greek yogurt
2 bananas
1 avocado
3 cups spinach
2 scoops protein powder
2 spoons peanut butter
1 cup oats

Dinner
-------------------------------------------------
5 oz chicken
4 eggs
Milk

And throughout the day I have
1/2 cup salted almonds
1/2 cup salted peanuts

Is the shake thing a meme or should I consider it?

It saves a lot of time and allows me to consume 1000 cals in a few minutes. I'd give it a shot at least

For my dinner I had 4 diet beers.

My usual prep for 1 week
1kg of chicken
2 broccolis
1 cauliflower
400g green beans
700 g basmati rice

Slice chicken thinly
Marinate in olive oil + garlic + onions + random herbs for 2 hours
Cook veggies and rice like usual
Grill chicken

Put in 6 tupperware things and 1 plate for now

And to make shit edible I make a satay sauce which I freeze and reheat every time

1 jar of peanut butter (400g)
1 chopped onion
2 chili peppers
100ml soy sauce
100ml water
Saute onions and pepper
Add everything else in any order you like
Stir and heat untill you think it's ready

thanks for the satay recipe

tfw basic

kuftaci a?

does chicken brocolli and rice have all the micros you need

are you cutting on extremely low calories or just wasting money on like 200g of protein a day?

fry it are you fucking 500lbs

If take it out in the morning and let it defrost for a few hours there isnt really a difference, then again I eat my steak rare..

each container is only 51g protein what

anyone else worried about maintaining food? My refrigerator is kinda shitty

Alright bro's. I am going to the grocery store. I need 10 days worth of food that I am going to prep out and throw in the freezer. Tell me what to get!

>6 foot tall
>200 lbs. 17% body fat
>Going on a cut

so, 50% of your daily requirement
and like 15% of your daily carb requirement
just saying

yes. i eat one a day for lunch
you'll notice there are 7 there
are u ok

Kek

Bring your mom if you want someone to hold your hand!

Here's what I do:
4 cups rice
4 boiling potatoes
2 can Black Beans
1 Onion
2 Bell Peppers
3-4 jalapenos
3-4 tomatoes
Mushrooms
1lb Extra lean ground beef
2 cans tomato paste

Chop and cook all the veg, potatoes, beans, tomato paste, tomatoes in a huge pot with the rice while it cooks.

Fry the extra lean ground beef in some oil of your choice. Combine once rice and potato finish cooking.

I use salt and pepper to taste.

EZ

Excellent choice!

Does everyone just do chicken / rice / broccoli

Hard boiled eggs?
Sandwhiches
Greek yogert

Are these good?

>Tfw that's the only female hand I held in my life