exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/RecumbantCycle.html
runnersworld.com/newswire/biomechanics-expert-debunks-treadmill-running-myths
oeshshoes.com/2014/01/my-scientific-personal-advice-for-treadmill-training/
exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/Burpee.html
exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/BurpeeAdvanced.html
exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/JumpRopeSingleHop.html
exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/JumpRopeLateralHop.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Elliptical if you want to work upper and lower.

Tredmill if you're doing cardio and not just warming up

going outside and running
I can't stand it when people run on the treadmill instead of just jogging outside, especially when the weather is nice, the only valid excuse to use a treadmill is if you live in siberia

Ellipticals are only for extremely fat people, old people, or physical rehab patients

if you're able bodied and not on a treadmill (in the gym) for cardio, you're doing it wrong

This.

The treadmill is better for your joints, unless you find a track. Less impact

It is better for cutting tho.

I thought it was the opposite, since treadmills supposedly cause you to run in an unnatural way.

Treadmill is better for your knees. I fucked up mine.

Elipticals are shit.

I'd say Stairstepper and Treadmill > most other cardio shit in the gym.

I'd like to try that thing that you climb on your hands and feet from the biggest loser, it seems intense. Pic not related.

without any knowledge of who is right:

running on concrete vs running on a synthetic belt that stretches

>track
>better for your joints
Learn to run on trails, sissy boy. Not only is it better overall than your rubberized asphalt and concrete, you work way more muscles for stabilization. Add in lots of hills, lots of uneven ground, dodging tree roots, hoping rock to rock, and running through mud, it makes you a real man.

in what way

Found it.

looks fun as heck

>it makes you a real man.
How come it's always DYEL pussies who are the most worried about their manhood?

Found the real dyel. Have you ever looked at how many ultra runners are?

How many what?

Wanna swap pics and we'll see who is DYEL?

Much easier to burn fat.

You first since you offered.

cardio is cardio

>I can't stand it when people run on the treadmill instead of just jogging outside, especially when the weather is nice, the only valid excuse to use a treadmill is if you live in siberia
I don't live in a nice area that you do. Seriously niggers, niggers everywhere.

Well niggers are a good motivation to run faster fagget

>It's actually called Jacob's ladder
Topkeke

I usually go to the gym to do other things, and use the treadmill to get some cardio in.

Bye bye balls

Reason I do it is because it's still snowing outside here

False.

Go live in a polluted country/city and you'll understand why it's better to run inside rather than run outside and suffer what is basically the equivalent of smoking a couple packs of cigs.

desu if you're new to exercise in general an elliptical is good to start with, since it'll get the heart pumping and the blood moving without taxing your limbs to the point of interfering with recovery if one is doing a beginner strength program.
But I mean for anyone else treadmill. Or better yet, go outside, have a run, smile and wave at old people.

Why is everyone saying treadmill is better than elliptical for your joints? I thought the 0 impact of the elliptical would be better for you?

Treadmill burns more calories in the long run and walking/running is a far more natural movement than trotting like a horse.

>I'll prove to all these internet strangers i'm a real man.

Your insecurity is embarrassingly obvious

WANT

Do you think some how the air is cleaner inside the gym?

>How come it's always DYEL pussies who are the most worried about their manhood

You mean like 90% Veeky Forums

This, there is no better feeling than running downhill at full speed like a little kid playing

How are I find trails?

wikiloc.com my friend

Is skipping rope the best cardio for cutting?

>implying anybody here actually works out and isn't just here for role playing and memes

>I can't stand it when people run on the treadmill instead of just jogging outside
Running on pavement hurts my shins, though. I can barely go 100 yards without agonizing pain. On a treadmill I can run at 180bpm for over half an hour with no pain.

For the sake of cardio, the only objective is to maintain determined bpm levels. Treadmills provide the best environment to do so.

Guns exist for a reason. Ask Zimmerman.

I lived in Siberia for 3 years.

Fuck treadmills, running through the snow is way more manly.

>he doesn't exercise in a gym with clean air
What are you even doing?

Cardio is cardio. Whatever activity that lets you keep your heart rate at whatever level you want it at without making you want to kill yourself is the best cardio.

That would be retarded

Are you implying air filters don't clean the air inside? Fucking retard.

Go take an air quality monitor to a gym with air filters and tell me it's not cleaner than outside.

Yeah, I live in a really shitty area and I get home from work late at night, so I really don't want to go running at night by myself in a place people get regularly shot.

This thing would have same problem as treadmill. You're not actually moving up or forward... no real work is done so less work than either activity in real life.

But the Earth is spinning at thousands of miles per hour, so running or biking isn't doing anything either.

Both are treadmills. The work done is moving the belt along. In running you're moving 180 lbs of (you) down the road. On treadmill you're moving a few pounds of belt away from you. This is the real difference between treadmill and road running and why they aren't interchangeable activities

I don't live in the greatest part of town and my social anxiety keeps me from wanting to go outside and let other people see me be sweaty.

> treadmill at home with 34 lb gone so far

Except the belt moves by itself, as long as the treadmill is turned on. While standing on the belt, you have to move 180lbs of you along it at the same velocity just to avoid falling off.

Elliptical is just so much better for your joints, especially for those overweight.

This. It's far easier to maintain targeted BPMs on an elliptical and for longer periods of time. Get gud.

My local YMCA had this and I've never seen anyone use it

fucking hate this thing

>road running is better than treadmill

someone confirmed for not doing either seriously

>cardio

Definitely never going to make it.

yeah have fun running outside in places like Arizona when it is 115 fucking degrees outside.

Brainlet detected. Try taking physics I again

> bulking
Definitely never going to make it.

>MY SON
>DO YOU WANT TO HAVE IRREPLACEABLE KNEE DAMAGE
>OR BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY KNEES
>YOU MUST CHOOSE

>which is better for cardio

shits all the same.

do whatever it is that doesnt make you want to kill yourself any more than you already do.

Elliptical will make my legs tired and glutes sore. I get it; less impact, ok. But I've never got the feeling of a good cardio workout after using one like I do from a treadmill.

Put more resistance

I live in Mexico, I'm not going to jog to my grave, even the police here are dangerous, can't even walk outside without being detained now a day's with all of the homeless ilegal Mexican Americans walking around, most of these cunts do it for the money, it doesn't matter how well dressed you are, I already had my face beaten to a pulp.

My knees are all fucked up and they start to hurt when I use the treadmill, I'm not that fat, 85kg 5'10, year's of child obesity do that to you.

Take a jog to the border.

my new mass is killing me when it comes to running. Also cardio kills gains and it's not really a meme. Unless you eat a lot, which I don't.

I thought the elliptical was a meme? You're not carrying your body weight, and beyond the initial pushing to start it carries some amount of momentum depending on the resistance. Last time I used one was at the Y a year ago, and I felt like I could go all day on max resist. It's like the cardio equivalent of doing 100 reps of a single excercise with a five pound weight and treating it as your workout for the whole muscle group. Does it even hit anything other than the muscles in your thighs? Your feet remain mostly flat on the pedals at the same angle so your calves don't get full range of motion, your ass could not possibly be worked by the pitiful weight those things max at, and your core is supported since you're sitting on your ass in a seat. Meanwhile your feet roll as you run, fully working your calves, your legs have to support your fat ass, and your midsection actually moves giving your core a small supplementary workout.

That's why you have to buy good running shoes

>Also cardio kills gains

Burning a few hundred calories isn't killing your gains, pal. That's 2 cups of oatmeal. lmao

implying elliptical "works" anything

elliptical doesn't have a seat. as long as you're using it long enough and/or set the resistance high enough to get your heart rate up, using the elliptical is ok.

That's what I was thinking, who the fuck chooses that name? lwal

>who the fuck chooses that name?

>t. never played with a "jacob's ladder" as a kid

I use the Elliptical to warm up. For cardio, I use the bike.

>Treadmill
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/TreadmillRun.html
>Impact: High

>Elliptical
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/EllipticalCrossTrainer.html
>Impact: Low

>Stationary Bike
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/RecumbantCycle.html
>Impact: Low

that's pretty much all, you're exercising any muscle group, so is full of shit. It's a common mistake to say "hell, I'll do some rows with rather than 4 minutes run on the treadmill as a warmup so I'll "exercise" my "upper" as well"
No, no and no.
For warming up, perform the same exercise/movement with light weights (e.g. bodyweight squats or babby weights squats)
For cardio, jogging/running/treadmill always wins; the only comparable alternative (lighter on joints) is swimming.

Someone likes to do a "3~5 minutes treadmill warmup" before hitting the barbell. That's not a proper warmup. They are just rising their heartbeat and breathing, signalling to the body they're going to perform some physical exercise, but the muscles aren't "warmed up". Don't do cardio before hitting the barbells or you'll just deplete the glycogen necessary for your training; just yesterday a juggernaut manlet in my gym said "hey since I added some 20 minutes cardio before lifting I can't lift as much as I used to". No shit, man. When will they learn.

>you're exercising
*you're not exercising

just add +1.5% incline and be done with it, only necessary if you run faster than 12 km/h
>runnersworld.com/newswire/biomechanics-expert-debunks-treadmill-running-myths
>>oeshshoes.com/2014/01/my-scientific-personal-advice-for-treadmill-training/
>What many people don’t realize is that in that same study, there was no difference in energy between running outside and on a treadmill with 0% incline for speeds up to 7.5 miles per hour (equivalent to a 8 minute mile)

Burpees and jump rope are goat
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/Burpee.html
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/BurpeeAdvanced.html
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/JumpRopeSingleHop.html
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/JumpRopeLateralHop.html
> Impact: High

What is the purpose of this thing?
To train for the point when you're running down a hill and then at the bottom another one starts?

treadmill that doesn't require electricity

my gym has these, never tried it though

Anything else is simply false, incorrect, a lie, a sham, a meme, etc.

meme exercises

Wouldn't consistently training on this fuck up your running since the world is flat rather than concave?

Elliptical, but I prefer just hiking out in the woods instead.

>world is flat rather than concave
but the world is, actually, convex
so a concave platform every now and then will make up for the rotational velocidensity of the terrestrial platform