Why the fuck are skinny fat people ever told to bulk...

Why the fuck are skinny fat people ever told to bulk? I fell victim to this meme gained a decent amount of muscle but a lot of fat. I looked worse than when I started training/doesn't even look like i train at all. Reminder that nutrient partitioning is fucked beyond 15% bodyfat and your surplus will most certainly turn to fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

>bulking while you have a gross disproportion of fat in unsightly areas

Nigga, this isn't anyone's fault but your own. Cut down your bf% first if you don't want to be a lard bucket while bulking.

Yeah, you'll have the strength, but your A E S T H E T I C S would be trash. Eat like 200 below TDEE and recomp if you're skinnyfat. THEN bulk once you can actually see your abs

So you're supposed to go down to 10% and go skelly mode? No thanks.

Bulking is the best way for skinnyfat people to get fit. Don't ever fall for the cutting meme when skinnyfat. You'll just end up being an underweight twig. Cut when you gain some muscle.

You bulk to get muscle, which you say you did, congrats.
Now tubby you need to cut to show the muscle you gained.

Because you stupid fuck, do since fucking math real quick.

Say you're 5'8, 160lb at 25% bodyfat.
You bulk up say, 25lb over the course of 6 months, lifts go way up, get nice and strong, squat 2.5 pl8, att that good shit.

When you cut back down whilst maintaining those lifts, do you think you're going to be proportioned the same way when you hit 160lb again?

Nah. You're going to be made of more muscle now. So, you will have successfully lowered you bf% while being at the same weight you were before.

You already look like shit. The point is to cultivate the fruits of that labor.

I'm builtfat, but look skinnyfat due to my height.
Been cutting and I've lost a lot of muscle and bodyfat, so I'm almost looking lanky.
There are no shortcuts OP. Just like hair, sometimes it will look like shit for a bit before you can grow/shrink enough to do anything about it.

Hang in there, start cutting and know that a few months down the line nobody will remember how stupid you look.
At the end of the day it's about being healthier than your peers, and it sounds like you are. You probably also look better than 90% of the masses if you're american. Be happy for yourself brother

no its because your training was shit and your diet was probably shit as well

read the sticky next time you dumb fat cretin

>asks why he was getting shitty advice
>thread fills with shitty advice

Veeky Forums 2017: Literrally worse than PSL

>Don't ever fall for the cutting meme when skinnyfat. You'll just end up being an underweight twig. Cut when you gain some muscle.
id rather look like an underweight twig then a fat fuck

I will admit I could have trained better as a noob im learning a lot of new things and have improved drastically in terms of my routine, HOWEVER my diet was good. I ate in a 200 surplus and ate clean.

you should always cut when skinny fat, for partitioning purposes and because untrained novices can gain muscle while cutting. the fact bulking is still recommended is one of the biggest misconceptions still pervading general lifting advice. you'll look mildly skelly for a brief period but you're starting from a poor place, better than spending 9 months lookign progressively worse with poorer muscle:fat gain ratio and THEN cutting

Yeah but who wants to look like shit for 6 months - a year before actually looking decent?

My plan to get out of skinnyfat is: Cut hard for a few months while lifting (even seeing some noob gains at 1500 kcal 100-150g protein), then slowly bulk up after the summer.

200 surplus is very slow gain, you shouldve still lost fat gained lean assuming your training was effective

Left: normal weight, wide hip bones
Right: normal hip bones, heavy weight

How do I make sure I dont become skinny fat again if I cut before bulkin

Lift big, eat big, Dont forget to lift HEAVY.

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/

"Let me summarize the above a little more briefly: trainees should set a bottom and top-end for acceptable body fat levels. For males, 10-15% is a good range, for females 19-27% or so works. Diet down until you hit the low end, stabilize for two weeks, gain until you hit the high end, stabilize for two weeks, then diet back down while keeping the muscle. Over many months or a year of training, you should end up with more muscle than you started with which is the whole goal."

does no one read lyle mcdonald on this site anymore?

losing fat on a calories surplus...... is that even possible? Your body is an an anabolic state you arent going to burn fat.

because the people telling skinny/skinnyfat people to bulk never started at skinny/skinnyfat. i fell for the meme, too. like you said, it just makes you fat. recomp or lean bulk is the best way. it is slower, yes, but at least you won't look like a fat piece of shit for months on end while desperately try to cut.

yeah and what usually happens when cutting after looking like shit is you cut too quickly and end up losing a lot of lean mass as a result.

All you people are gullible fucking idiots that got memed on. If you have to use the word "fat" in any way to describe your body shape you should cut.

How is bulking going to reduce your fat you people are retarded.

because apparently there isnt enough lean mass on the frame so its better to look chubby than a skelly

How do you recomp

I agree but you realise they're bulking to fix the skinny part of being skinny fat

eat high protein at maintenance while working out properly

In 78kg classic skinnyfat
So basically if I do that I'll end up roughly the same weight with fat gone and more muscle?

I'd rather be fat and strong and happy than skinny and weak and tired from cutting.

That said, I started skelly so maybe I don't have a full perspective.

yes, do a programm with volume. more volume= more burned calories.