SS transition

Is TM a viable program to switch to after three months of SS?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the ideal program to switch to after SS.

After you complete SS, Texas method is a good program to begin.

Don't rush out of noob gains because the program seems simple.

Should i stick to SS for a few more months or should i switch asap?

You should complete the program as it's outlined. There's a very clear end point.

Stay on SS for as long as you can make progress on it, simply because it's faster progress.

Thanks brehs

Thought this said "SS tarnation" for a second.

>people voluntarily squat 3 times a week
holy fuck lmao

I squat every other session, since the disproportion

>fag needs west days because he is afwaid to exewcise his muwles

for squats. if you want to get good at bench and press it sucks major ass. those two lifts NEED volume if you want to get strong at them and TM lacks that. it's great for getting squat up though

desu as someone who did all of these i would combine the following for someone who became intermediate
>squat from TM
>press and its accessories from bill starr
>bench and its accessories from sheiko
>deadlift and accesories from 28 free (either 1x or 2x int)

if you pick 1x int deadlift also do RDL at least once per week

no, its not

startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

How the fuck did w end up in "muscles"?

ideal if you would like to make only squat gains and continue the proud rippetard tradition of shit bench

yeah pretty much

TM is a good squat program for some people, it doesn't even work for that for others

fwiw not even rippetoe recommends TM, he thinks it's shit

It depends on your goals, if you want max strength and nothing else then it's a good program.

I switched to a westside inspired template because I wanted a combination of size and athleticism. Worked well for me.

some of us squat 5 times a week :^)

>you can build MAXIMAL STRENGHT without gaining muscle mass
lol what an idiot

>without gaining muscle mass
but he never said that?
why can't strength fags accept that routines solely concerned with gaining strength aren't optimal for muscle gains?

Let us see them tiddies sweetheart, turn around for uncle Annon.

fuck off skinny fat faggot

>startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
>5/3/1 is one of the worst programs available
WHY?

low frequency (main lift is done once a week), low intensity (one the AMRAP set is potentially challenging), little specificity (most volume is accumulated through accessories)

he had to introduce things like first-set-last, joker sets, etc. to get around the fundamental problems of his basic programme

(with that said, some people get along just fine with it. no idea how.)

*only the AMRAP set

there was article about this on some website. basically people respond differently to exercise. some only needed to do it once per week while others had to do it 3, 4 or even more times to get the same results

that's why you should find a program that works for (You). just because some make great progress on 531 doesn't mean you will too

>low frequency (main lift is done once a week)
But they usually done twice as
A: squat 5/3/1, light deadlift
B: bench 5/3/1, light OHP
C: deadlift 5/3/1, light squat
D: OHP 5/3/1, light bench

same shit with GCZL

the bottom of this article by Wendler himself sketches a sample routine where that's not true: t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength

of course, you're right that this isn't the case for all possible workouts that use the 5/3/1 progression scheme

I plan on doing something like this and have a 5x10 LP on the lighter lifts adding 1lbs besides the 5/3/1 lifts.

I've been doing this and getting good results

texas method is how i marched my squat from repping 315 to repping 405 without a deload.

Make sure you do accessory work with grip, and the deadlift volume people whine about never happened to me.

Bench still sucks tho

TM did nothing for my squat

out of curiosity, how long is each of your workouts, how long are you resting between sets, and how many accessory sets are you adding to each workout?

Depends really, I'm on a cut now so I usually do like 2 min in between sets and 4 minutes before and after AMRAP sets. For accessories I usually do like five or so. Like for Monday I usually do incline db, rows, chin ups, 21s, and tricep PDs supersets with lat raises.

me too, easily biggest and strongest I've ever been 6 day version is too much for me though

So what comes after the intermediate phase? What do people do after gains have stopped Texas or other intermediate program?

Nsuns 531 is gold, my favourite program for a while now. Are those your actual lifts? You've taken the progression pretty fucking far

They get a gf and then stop lifting.

Oh and minus the accessories it takes me about 45min for the two main lifts.

>Is TM a viable program to switch to after three months of SS?
NOT DOING THE PROGRAM

thanks—given all this, i now know what my next routine will be

No you should still be doing SS.