What percentage of the male population do you think can lift 1/2/3/4?

What percentage of the male population do you think can lift 1/2/3/4?

both for 1 rep and 5 reps

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofhealth.net/2017/05/05/how-to-do-a-proper-deadlift/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

%0.01

Only Veeky Forums cares about that shit

You can see some advice here
maybe will help yu
boxofhealth.net/2017/05/05/how-to-do-a-proper-deadlift/

waaaay less than 1%

Most of the worlds population don't go to the gym.
Most gym goers aren't lifting for strength.
The number would be extremely low

2 plate bench and gf.

prob gonna be bench for me.
ofc after gf

I hit 1/2/3 pretty fast but I was almost at a 4 pl8 squat before I got a 4pl8 dl down.

Is 1plate OHP supposed to be that hard? It was one of the first things I did as a fat DYEL.

I was in a 6 year relationship as a dyel, and suck at bench, so probably 2pl8

Wow, who would have ever thought a fucking board dedicated to fitness with a user base primarily focused on weight lifting would be concerned with certain benchmarks. Next thing you're gonna tell me that only /g/ cares about CPU benchmarks. What an astute fucking observation.

At my absolute max, I've done 175lb OHP, 230lb bench, 320 squat, and 465 deadlift. Bench was probably the biggest struggle and just felt overwhelmingly heavy. Deadlift was the easiest to get to and by far the easiest to not lose gains on. As of right now my only lifts above 1/2/3/4 are deadlift and OHP after having a shitty year of barely training.

What's strange to me is that my shoulder problems affect my progress on bench, but has never been an issue with OHP.

how many males go to they gym for at least one year starting from a decent body and diet and are committed to it? 80% of the newcomers hit the gym for few months as a NYR or as summer approaches. Many untrained males who did some swimming or some sport in high school are fine with a Sunday jog once they're overwhelmed with family, job and responsibilities.

I'd say that maybe 1 in 5 million are lifting 1/2/3/4 worldwide, and it's still a generous estimation

Post form so I can laugh at you

I'm currently at 1.5/3/4.5/5.5 for 1RM.
I do powerlifting so my OHP is lagging like fuck.

For you.

I can do 1/2 for reps. 3pl8 squat I haven't tried but I think I can. 4pl8 diddly seems very far away though.

I'll never have a gf so idk why that's on there.

my uni has a population of 13k and only like 40 people have tested above 945lb total for bench/squat/dl

doing rough math and ignoring the fact that those totals don't necessarily mean 1/2/3/4, that's only .6% for college-age males and much less for the general population

the 3 plate squat because it requires the most technique to learn and hit depth during.

Well, I can do all for 5. Except 4 plate, that happens to be my one rep max.
As to the image, gf is clearly hardest. I've yet to unlock that milestone...

does OHP seated count?

I think it's harder when you are sitting down with your back straight up, its more isolated.
Thoughts?

I have all of that

this for me

i can bench 3pl8 but struggle with 3pl8 squat
its weird because i'm really flexible from doing MMA

It's definitely easier while seated unless you're leaning back a lot or using momentum while standing

Men ages 18-65 I'd say one in 100000

Someone isn't tucking their shoulders all the way back when they bench.

How? You are literally only using your shoulders.
When you are standing you inevitably use some momentum, or at least most people seem to do.

The seated OHP has a pad on your back so you don't have to use your core almost at all. You should be able to lift a good 10-20% more seated than standing.

>1plt ohp, got it not long after lifting seriously, got it x5 not long after, 1RM is 150
>2plt bench was quick and easy to achieve, got it junior year of high school. Most reps for 225 was 12 recently. Never saw why bench is difficult, people differ I guess. 1RM is 295
>3plt squat was hard as fuck to achieve. Would get close but would always have to de load cause form was shit. Gotten it for 1 rep. 1RM is 325
>Never gotten 4plt diddy. Seems to be the hardest. Got to 3plt quick though. 1RM is 360,
31yo, 6ft, 187lbs

A 175 Press is comparable to a 280 bench atleast, you were prolly push pressing

Nope. 175 and 245 here. Strict press.

I OHP 200lb and only bench about 240, however 200b is for 3 reps and 240 is for 5 reps.

It's not always that way user. My bench is 295, ohp 150. My buddies bench is 250 but has a 185 ohp.

I always emphasize tucking my shoulders as much as possible. Like I said, shoulder issue. I feel like my right shoulder can't maintain it's proper position when benching, like it twists inward and throws off my balance. Probably a fixable issue but I haven't found any stretches or mobility exercises yet that help much.

Still, it's not like it's uncommon to have disproportionate lifts. Sucking at bench compared to other lifts make me not want to focus on it, so my OHP progresses and bench didn't.

It was strict though maybe sloppy since it was a 1rm, no push though.