Hey guys, never posted here b4 but i was hoping for some advice so it seemed like a good thing to do...

Hey guys, never posted here b4 but i was hoping for some advice so it seemed like a good thing to do. Ive a fuckton of free time for the next year or so and i decided a week ago to get fit, and hopefully end up in a vaguely similar way to this, but dont really know where to start, so any advice or tips? Along the lines of what exercises to do, diet, supplements kinda thing. Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks lads

Read the sticky faggot

Maybe you should read the fucking sticky, you worthless shitheel.

>similar to this
o im laffin

Was hoping for something a less generalised but alright guys chill

SS+GOMAD

Try reading the sticky of worthless worm

the thing is if you can't dedicate yourself to reading the sticky then you are not going to dedicate to getting fit

Didnt know the sticky was a thing, like i said, never really come here before

You didn't see the thread with the picture that says "READ THE FUCKING STICKY" at the very top of the page? There's a fucking dinosaur, brah.

You're never gonna make it

Im on mobile, all i could see is the word fucking, but i know the sticky is there now so thanks all for pointing it out

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting

Youtube.com/Scoobysworkshop

The sticky covers most of what you're asking, but here's some stuff you should know:

#1 do NOT write your own program at this stage. There is a lot more that goes into it than meets the eye and you WILL fuck it up. A lot of people fall into this trap and wonder why they aren't getting anywhere. Follow Starting Strength, Greyskull LP, or, if you want to go to the gym more often, a PPL with a lot of testimonials so that you know for a fact works. (I would recommend the reddit PPL or CoolCicada's PPL).

#2 Weight is a function of eating. You will not get significantly bigger or stronger without gaining muscle mass, so if you're thin then you NEED to gain weight, if you're fat then you can lose weight and gain muscle at the same time but eventually you will need to gain weight once you're no longer fat. Calories control whether you gain or lose weight. For someone new to dieting and lifting I would strongly recommend you just eat a whole food diet (use common sense and a healthy diet shouldn't be too hard) and if you wish keep track of your calories to idiot proof your weight loss/gain.

#3 Aggressively progress as a novice. This is the one time in your lifting career that pretty much anything will work and you can up the weight very quickly relative to the later stages. If there's on thing I regret from when I started it's sticking on one weight way longer than I had to. This doesn't mean be a dumb ass and add 50lbs per session.

#4 Since you basically know fuck all at this point use youtube all the time to learn new shit. As a beginner I'd recommend Alan Thrall for learning form and just a couple very basic things (he isn't useful beyond this point, and DO NOT TAKE HIS PROGRAMMING ADVICE) AlphaDestiny to learn about the concept of progressive overload and programming, Omar Isuf for some more in depth technique and sciency stuff. Be careful who you watch since a lot of fitness youtubers are full of shit and give absolutely awful advice.

focus on compound lifts such as deadlifts, squats, pullups, bench press, over head press and dips

also do isolation exercises for your ams, at least three variations of curls and three of triceps exercises

you have the basics for this body

nutrition is:
download myfitnesspal and add chicken breast untill you reach 180g of protein, thats about 700g of chicken everyday, then eat add potatoes, pasta and rice untill you get 300g carbs, then add olive oil, peanut butter and fat from meats untill you reach 80~100g of fat

now that you know the basics, lurk more here and lift hard as fuck, good luck

Also don't fall for the "You can only lift for strength or aesthetics" meme. As a natural lifter (not using roids) these processes are inseparable as you will learn if you watch AlphDestiny's channel (btw he seems autistic and I would never take his lifestyle advice but his lifting advice is solid).

I would say about 90% of your knowledge should come from places that aren't Veeky Forums. There's a lot of retarded shit said on here that you won't have the knowledge base to know if it's legit or not. /fit should only be used to find out about other resources/programs/dieting methods, but I personally wouldn't rely on Veeky Forums to actually teach me anything new outside of the sticky.

Thanks guys, much appreciated

>700g of chicken

Are you fucking nuts
Don't listen to this guy, you will end up destroying your liver

200 g is enough, your body won't absorb the rest

Also it takes a few years to build up your chest volume like that

>do NOT write your own program at this stage
sound, sound advice

meditate every day

h o m e g y m

Wants to look like that let alone has no clue what he's doing ...lmao good luck, you're in for a rude awakening

This is all true.

Still, getting huge arms doesn't hurt.

I like the overdeveloped shoulder look so I do lat raises too. And I want strong triceps so i do pull downs and skull crushers on my "recovery days". And curls whenever I feel like I want to curl.

But yeah, a lot of ab work is silly unless you're wrestling or becoming an athlete, and then you're not doing that shit in the gym you're just trying to condition them