ITT: Post your favourite lifts

1)If you answered Chinups and Snatch Press, congrats you are a CHAD
2)If not, quick questions uuuu
>do you have a family history of being genetic trash
>how many times have you been cucked? answer should typically be between 10 and 105
>which race's cum do you like slurping out of your "gf"'s cunt the most?
>and lastly what the fuck is wrong with you?
If your answers include a lower body lift report to your gym counsellor to appoint for mtf surgery.
You go now.

the objective list of best lift goes:
>back squat
>front squat
>SSB squat
>bench press
>CGPB
thats literally it. youre a beta in denial overcompensating because you know your favourite lifts are cuck lifts

kys

Literally don't care for squats. If you do sports they're fundamental but otherwise you're just falling for the meme. Back squats are useless for everyday life and front squats are only useful for cleans and push presses. Actually these are the most useful lifts IRL along with DLs (most people pull sumo in everyday situations btw), Memester's Walk and maybe Zercher Holds or some other upper back exercise to hold heavy shit in front of you.
SSB squat is literally just a normal back squat, just goes to show you that you normies are suckers for any excuse to squat more for that gym cred.
not sure what Close Grip Bench is supposed to do so not gonna trash it, just seems like an inferior BP t b h.

>snatch press

fukken lol you aren't an oly lifter OP kys beta

best lift is objectively pullups

>back squats are useless
> front squats are only useful for cleans and push presses
>SSB squat is literally just a normal back squat
>not sure what Close Grip Bench is supposed to do

literally never have I seen a post so fucking retarded. you literally have no understanding of lifting whatsoever

yeah but I like it so I do it. Plus I'm freakishly strong at them (or weak at other lifts) so it's a nice lil' ego boost. brb gettin that side and rear delts hypertrophy, have fun with 4 different plate raises.
Yeah pullups are fine but honestly they're just a worse version of chins. They're like the front squat to chins' back squat to put it in terms /plg/ will understand. Maybe more lat action but less overall action. Also wrist position is the main problem with pronated pullups.
Pullups on a ledge (and Towel Chins) are god tier for hand strength also.

>back squats are useless
beyond a certain level, they are but you're not allowed to say that since they're fitness greatest fad.
>front squats are only useful for cleans and push presses
that's true, nothing wrong with that. being able to rep your 1RM clean or push press is all you need to get for this lift.
>SSB squat is literally just a normal back squat
>"muh erectors"
it is
>Close Grip Bench
why not skull crushers while you're at it lmao
>"i-it hits the inner pec"
sure it does

Try pullups and ohp you daft cunt

back squats are the best exercise for leg hypertrophy. they have the most carryover to sports/general athleticism

front squats are good for the same reason as back squats. the fact you say theyre only good as assistance for another, less useful lift is circular and pointless. you sound like a retarded oly lifter who only thinks their comp lifts, which have no real world value, matter. accept an actual oly lifter wouldnt be as ignorant about lifting as you

SSB squat is literally a different lift. its more similar to a DL than a squat. youve obviously never used one

CGBP builds triceps and is literally the best bench assistance movement. there isnt any debating it

if then I want you to try to come to terms with the fact youre not "freakishly strong" at anything. youre weak and sitting at the top of mount stupid. stop talking like youre knowledgeable about anything because you lurked /owg/ for a month

OHP is a copelift for BTNPresslets though.

No deadlift?

kys

IM BAD AT DLS REEEEEEEEEEE. SHUT UP YOU GIBBON ARM CUNT

>then I want you to try to come to terms with the fact youre not "freakishly strong" at anything. youre weak and sitting at the top of mount stupid.
holy shit that salt. started snatch pressing a month ago and I'm 5kg shy of bw (I'm 76kg). stay mad aha. some people are just naturally stronger at some lifts. If it makes you feel better though, my squat is shit.
>back squats are the best exercise for leg hypertrophy. they have the most carryover to sports/general athleticism
none of that is proven. if you just wanna say they're your pet lifts that's fine though.
>clean & press
>no real world value
yeaaah...no...
literally the one lift you might use IRL one day.

yeah. as I said. not freakishly strong

its pretty proven. also "pet lift". the literal only reason your talking about snatch press is because its your best lift apparently

theyre technical lifts that you will never preform anything close to in your day to day life. DL is the most "functional" movement pattern and DL and squat have to most strength carry over to anything you would ever do in real life

>implying I wasn't talking about continental clean & press
now you're just embarassing yourself.
also symmetric strength tells me I'm "advanced" which is pretty good by anyone's standards after one month but you probably won't ever admit that so I don't know why I'm saying that. Again I'm not claiming to be strong as fuark, I'm just stating the obvious. My snatch press is well beyond what you'd expect for someone with my decidedly intermediate strength levels. Yeah it's my best lift and also my favourite but I don't go around saying it's the cure for cancer like you do the back squat though. If anything, unilateral leg work has the best carryover to sports.

different user, but I do have to agree that the oly comp lifts require good squat and pulling (aka back) foundation. You can have the best snatch and cj technique in the world, but having weak ass legs and back won't get you a nice total.

As for OP's case, getting good at snatch press isn't as hard as it sounds, the proper shoulder mobility is just required to comfortably Sn Press that shit and lockout is not as hard as OHP IMO.

why are you bringing up continental clean and press, a strongman movement?

also, stop basing how good you are by what symetric strength says. go to /owg/ and use that as your standard. Sym Ste is way of on what it considers advance/intermediate etc

you havent said anything about snatch press that isnt just as positive as I have about squats (even tho SP are objectively inferior). you have however showed an incredible amount of ignorance and lack of knowledge about training

I would also like to point out, in my original post, I was joking about how great squats theyre my favourite lifts. the only reason I argued with you is because of the simply outright incorrect statements you made in this post

** how great squats are because theyre my favourite lifts **

because it's still a clean (and press) and it's the most useful movement for carrying heavy, unwieldly shit and putting it overhead

>Not including the most basic and best indicator of someones strength the deadlift

Its literally picking up a heavy ass dead weight off the ground and putting it back down again. If thats not the most basic and essential element of strength then fuck you. Snatch and OHP etc are great but if you suck at picking something up off the ground then you will never make it bras

see I have short arms and Im bitter :^)

accept its not? if we're talking about what has the best carry over to carrying shit irl it would be some sort of stone/keg/sandbag load/carry

if you suck at something you have to force yourself to do it until it becomes a strength.

I absolutely hate running but i need to do it for my job so i force myself to run every day...ive almost started to look forward to it now

I get what you mean. I still do it, but its not going in my top 5 best lifts mate

>tfw 5'5
>tfw Literally all the males in my family are all 6' Chads

:( am i gonna make it

Front squats. Don't even know why but I just really enjoy doing them.

i know this is b8 but whatever. if not trolling then youre a dumbfuck that does meme lifts. here are the correct lift rankings:
>1. Deadlift
>2. OHP
>3. Bench
>4. Back squat

stop pushing your shitty crossfit meme lifts

OHP

>doing lift variations is crossfit

the only one there that isnt done by normal lifters is SSB and thats done by PLers/strongmen, not crossfitters. your just a novice still on SS so you dont know what fucking assistance exercises are dumbass