What percentage of your calories should come from each meal? How many calories from snacks...

What percentage of your calories should come from each meal? How many calories from snacks? Is this whole meme of "eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day instead of one big meal" true or false?

Doesn't actually matter

>Is this whole meme of "eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day instead of one big meal" true or false?
gov studies say it's false
can't be fucked to find them for you

That's fine. I believe you. I feel like as long as you're not overeating during your meals its fine.

>What percentage of your calories should come from each meal?
doesn't matter
>How many calories from snacks?
depends what foods you're eating as snacks.
if you're cutting then preferably zero.
>Is this whole meme of "eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day instead of one big meal" true or false?
its good for bulking but bad for cutting.

900cal each meal, snacks are about 200cal, i eat 3300 cal everyday

>its good for bulking but bad for cutting.
Because it lets you ingest more food since you're hungry a lot more often? That makes sense. I guess it also depends on what you're eating tho, like you could probably still do a bunch of small meals if you wanted as long as you're eating more filling foods with less calories at each meal.

Just eat before you work out so you don't have low blood sugar, it will give you more energy to spend on your lifts.

yes exactly
i've also read that your body produces more insulin and therefore more fat stores so i don't recommend eating carbs all day

If you have trouble hitting your calorie goals for the day (either over or under) try adjusting the amount you eat at each meal.

If you have trouble hitting your calorie goals (either over or under) in just 3 meals per day, try many small meals. Maybe you just want to graze.

None of this is rocket science.

It doesn't matter, whatever makes you want to kill yourself the least. I tend to eat one meal a day

Eating before I work out always makes me nauseous. I would say its not uncommon either. I'll usually eat some carbs 2 hours before I work out (something filling so I dont get hungry) and I've never had a problem with low blood sugar when I do that.

Trusting the government >.>

>nt eating 3k calories 200 grams of protein in 3 hours and fasting 21. its like you dont want to be shredded

semi-related question:

how does CICO, bulking, & cutting work on a daily basis?

for instance say youre on a 500+ bulk, and you only eat maintenance before u sleep. next day can you eat 1000+? should you? should you just do 500+?

what if you set your alarm in the middle of the night to run to fridge, GOMAD, and go back to bed? which day are you cals going on!?

sometimes I don't make my 500+ and console myself by saying whatever i could lose some gut fat, but im sure it doesn't work like this unless you're consistent

I eat twice a day, both of my meals are within maybe 5 hours and I usually work out after fasting for ~19 hours or so. It doesn't really matter.

it only helps with bulking. Really helped me step up my appetite.

You could achieve the same total amount of calories by eating 1000 extra the next day, or you could just eat 500 extra like usual and the one day of eating maintenance will slightly slow down the bulk, but it's no big deal.

>what if you set your alarm in the middle of the night to run to fridge, GOMAD, and go back to bed? which day are you cals going on!?
Either one, doesn't really matter.

>sometimes I don't make my 500+ and console myself by saying whatever i could lose some gut fat, but im sure it doesn't work like this unless you're consistent
It doesn't. You're not going to lose fat while bulking, even if it's a slower bulk than you intended.

>I'll usually eat some carbs 2 hours before I work out

yeah that's fine dude, what I meant was mostly fasting before you work out and then eat afterwards

I dont eat until 1pm every day

has made cutting 1000x easier

taking HMB too

same, I don't eat breakfast at all anymore and instead I have lunch an hour or so before going to the gym

I used to not eat until 3:30 pm except a cup of coffee in the morning. As long as you're still getting all of the iron and stuff you need you should be fine, but it made me full on anemic. Make sure when you're cutting in general to get enough iron or you could get heart problems.