Is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a meme?

Is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/shinukii/
youtube.com/watch?v=NxxxQEF0vP0
researchgate.net/publication/257350851_A_Systematic_Review_of_Dietary_Protein_During_Caloric_Restriction_in_Resistance_Trained_Lean_Athletes_A_Case_for_Higher_Intakes
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, .5 is fine for naturals

its in the right ball park. if youre a little over/under its not going to do you any harm

Sort of, optimal max is 0.82 grams per pound of lean body mass.

If you're not getting paid to be shredded year round, certainly.

It depends on the study you read, but 1g of protein per pound of body weight seems to be the upper limit so consume that much if you want to be safe.

I shoot for 1.5g per pound of bodyweight. Not just for muscle gains, also for satiety. I have a long history personally with being fat, super fat, and have found that protein is the most satisfying and hardest to overeat macro for me.

So I see a lot of questions on how much you should eat, I simply base my diet around protein and eat to satiety.

No one has ever gotten fat on protein. It's literally impossible.

0.82 is correct

>tfw 200 pounds
>1500 calorie diet
>only managing 100 grams of protein per day
>nuts for brekky, 2 scoops protein shake for lunch and brocolli/cottage cheese for supper

my life is a dyel nightmare

1.5 gram per kg

This is bullshit, unless the person is obese. Don't sabotage other people's gains. 1-1.5g/lb of lean body weight at least.

>you will never have 2B
why do i lift guys

.8 per lb of LEAN bodymass

do you eat like 800 calories of nuts

I like 1.5, personally.

Clarence 0 a roider and elite oly Lister is 105kg and eats like 80g of protein a day and is also now a fucki g vegan
It's 0.82 per KILOGRAM

But does she have a nice ass? This is a requirement for 2B cosplay. I need to know. For science.

>she

Any citations to back up claims?

Traps were a mistake.

Eat some oats and other veggies ffs

>Source: gainsgoblin.com

Here to say this. Anecdotally, I noticed incredible gains when I got my fitness pal and consistently ate .82 g per

.65 - .8 per lb of lean body mass

.82 is correct

>not eating 800 calories of nut

i found 0.817 gave me better results. do you have data to back this up?

She declines to use any angles that really show her ass, so probably not.

Still a qt though.

instagram.com/shinukii/

a wide variety of studies show ranges from 0.5 to 1.0 being the minimum to progress in muscle mass. Its all up the individual honestly. Apparently, some fucks can even pack on muscles with milk and oats

How much protein does a Yorha-class combat cyborg need to consume daily and in what form? I know mackerel is a no-no.

>not just doing GOMAD + Oats

Not gonna make it.

pls tell me this is shopped. its fucking alarming even if its a joke presentation.

I don't know if that one's real, but this one sure is.

youtube.com/watch?v=NxxxQEF0vP0

somewhere between .6-.8g/lb is fine

>anime was a mistake

Can anyone post links to studies?

So is it right to assume that as long as I get my daily protein needs eg 200g a day, and I'm cutting then my muscle will still remain because of the protein and I would only lose fat weight?

no? where the fuck did you read that? you will lose some muscles unless you start juicin

I see, I read that protein is needed for the creation and maintenance of muscles so I jumped and assumed/hoped that would be that case.

>I see, I read that protein is needed for the creation and maintenance of muscles so I jumped and assumed/hoped that would be that case.

That is the case. But there's more to it than that.

You'll just lose less muscle that way.
Depending on how much of your body is composed of muscle, you may need to consume up to 3.1g/kg of protein.
researchgate.net/publication/257350851_A_Systematic_Review_of_Dietary_Protein_During_Caloric_Restriction_in_Resistance_Trained_Lean_Athletes_A_Case_for_Higher_Intakes

its 0.8-1.5 g per pounds of LEAN body mass
depending if you're bulking or cutting and plenty other shit. But you wont go wrong with 1g

I'm poor and some sources say 0.6 g per pound of body weight. I'm trying to bulk with a 500 calorie surplus.

There's a lot of cheap protein. They taste like shit, but it's what you gotta do.

Yeah, it's a scam by protein supplement shills.

Wouldn't eating it via food be cheaper. no?

150 x .6 = 90 grams protein, shouldn't be too difficult to achieve but I'm a poorfag.

MUH DICK

You can make gains on .6 but why bother when you know you can eat more and not waste time? It won't be massive but it'll add up; over a year, maybe you would've made a month or two's worth of extra gains if you ate all that protein.
Eating protein via food isn't really that much cheaper, but if you want to, learn how to cook some good chicken recipes. Szechuan, tikka masala and teriyaki are good ones to learn.
I'm eating on a ~€300/month budget in the Nordics(food's expensive af), and getting 150g+ of protein every day.

I can cook, not the best at making stuff taste good but it gets by. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to do .8-1 depending on my expenses.

Why is 2B so perfect anons?

>nattys are so cucked by natty bodybuilding that they think it matters if they ingest 0.5g or 5g of protein

Lel

She just is.

Per kilogram, not per pound. I wish you dumb Amerilards would stop spreading misinformation because you refuse to use SI units instead of your idiotic units of measure.

>The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, or 0.36 grams per pound. This amounts to: 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man.

Thank you for this link senpoi

She saves those for patreon virgins who are ready to pay $100/month for them. Good thing there are leaks though

>2B will never be real

Why even live?

I'm inclined to say yes

has anyone ever seen "The Dirties"?
Great film, this reminds me of it

maybe i should play this instant classic

Yes. It's a stupid meme that will make your liver work hard pointlessly.
I literally made small gains eating 400g of chicken every day.
Your body can't absorb all that and will just pass away the rest.

Changing my diet and eating different types of protein (meat, beans, fish) 150-200g gave me 6 kg of muscles in 4 months

None of this post

Where can I find those leaks? I'm leaking precum looking at her in pics.

Wow nice argument there mate

0.5 is enough for a training person. It has no margin for error. That's why most bb will go 1g and more. But realistically, if you're just a normal gym rat and not a body builder, 100g of protein per day is enough.

>mfw Jim Wendler recommends 2g/lb
>lean I'm around 200 lbs
>mfw almost half a kilogram of protein a day

what a robot slot. I hopped at least robots will have some morals.

>visible menstrual pad

nasty woman

>400g of chicken
so fucking nothing? You're not even close to the 150-200g protein per day you're talking about with that

1g per pound is just fine
not a meme
good results

Yeah, I was talking about just dinner there. I was also taking 3 protein shakes per day, having a full bag of mixed nuts every day and a healthy high protein lunch

Protein shakes are one of the things I noticed doesn't work for me. I would be getting 3500kcal per day and lots of protons because of all the whey, yet still stayed skinny at like 70kg and had trouble progressing on my lifts. Made a diet overhaul into stuff like quark for breakfast, high protein meals for lunch and dinner, cottage cheese and nuts as snacks during the day while dropping the whey, and suddenly exploded to 80+kg at a diet of like 3000kcal. Lifts exploded and I got stretch marks all over my arms and butt from the gains. The protein shakes must've been running straight through me

so .7-.82g/lb for maintenance, what's the figure like for cutting then? 1-1.2g/lb?

I go to the gym 4 times a week. Should i also take my full protein on rest days?

I am also interested in this

My team has prepared a few quick rundowns.

it is, it should be per pound of lean muscle mass. Anything over is just waste

Your post is too retarded to respond with legit counter arguments. Your stupidy took you out of the game without him needing to.

fucking retards

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

>1.8g/kg (0.82g/lb) is the point at which additional protein intake ceases to yield any benefits
Such a big difference to 1g/lb! Dispell this blasphemous myth at once!!

20% less protein is like a full chicken breast every single day

Big difference to a skinnyfag like you mabey lmoa

go be retarded somewhere else

How much protein would it take to get a soft 2Bgf

You need to achieve your protein intake every day.

What do you think your body does when you're not exercising?

go be a fag somewhere else

this picture actually makes me sad

It isnt. Funnily enough i'm the guy who took the picture, it was during an anime convention at James Madison University in Virginia. The panel was called 'why your waifu is shit'

This

it's per pound LEAN body weight

She weighs like 400lbs

>mixing grams with pounds

Muh imperial system, wew lad...

Iktf bro protein shakes are placebo

Still not as bad as all the countless my little pony presentations

You should be aiming for 1g per Lean body mass.

Always heard it as .8 to 1.2 grams per pound of lean body mass. Eat more depending on how hard you work out.

How do I find a girl with a body like that? Reminds me of my ex, except she had smaller boobs. OP, I only recently upped my protein to 1g/lb. I'm 165 lb, 6'0". I used to just eat around 100g of protein per day. I've noticed significantly more gains, although I'm not sure if it's the protein or if it's because I'm only a few months into lifting.

Anecdotally over the last year of lifting (5th year), I've found no difference whatsoever in the rate of gains between 0.9 g/lb and 2+ g/lb protein, except your diet is waaaaay tastier on the lower end.

But what if I'm overweight? I would have to eat 40 oz of chicken breast a day. And at that point. It's not even a diet lmao.

That's why you use your lean body mass

Nope.
However, consuming much more than 1g pr. pound is a complete waste.
Protein is the last chain of macro-combustion, meaning that if you consume the correct amount of each macros, any excess protein will be expelled in your urine, meaning you LITTERALLY pee out all of that precious protein that the internet/marketing sites tell you to consume. (the body uses carbs first, fat secondly and protein as the last resort of energy production)
For an average person, about 100g of protein per day should suffice.