Tips on improving endurance

I can only run for 3 mins but i want to run for 10 kms help pls

it works the same as lifting. progressive overload. run further/faster each time

When i try to go over it my head feels light and i think of dying lmao

Just run 200 km/h

Run for progressively longer, that is the only way

Running is for fags. Start lifting pussy

kek

lose mass. stop eating. go aushwitz mode. then running will be ez.

Think about improving your breathing in every session. Breathe deep and rythmically

you talking about deeptroathing ?

Newfag

oldfag

Newfags can't triforce

▲▲

topkek

▲▲

Nice try fag. Go back to 9gag
. ▲
▲▲

kek

impressed huh?

Take vitamin/suplement b

Myprotein sell 120 pills for 7-9 dollars here

You can just slowly increase distance, you will get better at it. However, I had trouble increasing my running speed, I didn't get measurably faster even after I became able to run 10 km instead of just 5km without stopping. Will HIIT sprints increase my speed?

Increasing speed and distance at the same time is tough. Pick a distance and stick to it for a while and your time will start dropping

Oh, I wasn't clear in my post, these things didn't happen at the same time. I've been running 5ks three times a week for like half a year before I started increasing distance, and my times didn't really improve, I just hit a plateau at about 23:30.

cardio

When I was in bad shape I would always get out of breath, and feel like I will black out when I was running and that's what would usually stop me.

Now after a few years of working out and occasionally doing other sports I dont have that problem anymore but what stops me from going further is that my calves are shit. They start to hurt way before any other part of my body and if I push too hard it feels like they are getting harder and harder to the point where I feel like they are about to cramp up.

Bad running form or what's the deal here, it's not like I didnt train calves in the gym I probably do more for them than the average gymbro (I know that doesnt say much but still) but they seem to be the weak link in the chain. Ideas ?

stretch them every day

maybe have your gait analysed at a running place, your shoes might not be right. when you have cushioned shoes you rely more on hitting the ground with your heel which is apparently a more unnatural running style. the best way is to hit your mid/forefoot, if you imagine the foot landing flat on the ground instead of landing on the heel and rolling forward

Try lowering your speed/shortening your stride until you build up some endurance. I had a tough time running very far until I slowed it down to pace myself. Recently, I've been making some gains and going an extra quarter mile on each successive run.

that educated user's post is underrated

Do standing calf raises. Work your way up to 1000 a day just like Shaq.