Thoughts on grip trainers?

thoughts on grip trainers?

builds your forearms
can crush soda cans and glass (thought the latter isn't that useful)

50 lb increments make overload difficult

Farmers walks better.

good, but you have to do them every day, because your hand muscles go away really quick. also you will get serious callouses, so I suggest you buy some gloves.

callouses are cool

>good, but you have to do them every day, because your hand muscles go away really quick.

t.brainlet

trust me these are really painful, especially the one on little finger where the skin is thin, gives me shivers
I see you never used the grip thingy lol

>grip thingy
keep talking bud

Could you not crush soda cans before? You should be able to do that without working out, regardless of your body type or size.

I want to get into grip training but almost every workout involves gripping something, enough to the point where if you did a heavy grip/forearm sesh the day before, your lifts the next day will suffer noticeably. 3/4 of the main compounds heavily involve grip.

how can a callous be painfull?

r/griptraining unironically has a great routine

you never had one?

yeah but now you can do it while it's unopened

anyone had experience with these adjustable ones? any good?

150lbs - 5'11

:)

I train grip every tuesday along with legs. I do 5x5 @95lbs grip.

I have them under my fingers from climbing trees when i was a teenager and they dont really "hurt"

I have this exact model. Mine is ranged frm 25lbs to 95lbs. There is no accurate indicator of what the weight is set at though. It is good, solid plastic bo issues and I have been using it for a few months. The only complaint is that the spring can be noisy as some positions but that is no big deal.

It works for grip strength. Just do high reps at a high weight setting and you will definitely get improvements in grip.

those are old ones, grip trainers will damage the thin skin on your fingers

Okay i dont exactly think you're right but since you seem so confident in this i'll use gloves just in case

cool thanks, they're only £2.60 on Amazon so I was concerned about quality

lol, buy the metal one and DON'T use gloves. it's best you learn the hard way

They are cheapo but the plastic and make was good enough on both that I have so I don't imagine you will have an issue.

I suppose even if it's shit it's only 2.60

well you are sceptical, so I want you to become a true believer.

Knowledge through sacrifice and pain is the purest knowledge there is

My physical therapist after ACL surgery was Tex Henderson, who had the 3rd strongest grip in the world. He used those things all the time, but his were like 300lbs resistance. On my old phone I have a video of him rolling up a frying pan like a tortilla.
Scariest fucking handshake ever. Super nice dude.

>rolling up a frying pan like a tortilla

christ

It doesn't train grip. It trains crushing power. If you want grip gains like for diddlys use your fingers on them and not your full hand.