Help!

Help!

>PhD in bioengineering
>trying to vortex proteins and immunocomplexes that are bound to beads
>proteins start to denature or enzymes lose functionality
>get low capture rate from immunocapture assay
>if i don't vortex my beads clump together and I cannot separate beads

How do I make my proteins/immunocomplexes stronger so they can resist the forces from sonication/vortexing? Any program I can put them on or anything I can do so that my capture rate is not complete shit

>pic related, immunocapture I am testing

Try different temperatures :^)

Try it at various pHs

>PhD in bioengineering
>Ask advice on Veeky Forums

choose one

Jizz on it. protein bitches love the sentient bipedal ape cock.

stemcuck
!

ahahahaha!

Stealing this shit for my essay

Also ensure synthetic pathway doesn't involve any denaturants

Yeah man just put them on a nucelofusion program with a Krell's index of 1.7 and at an appropriate phase displacement. Make sure to keep it at a constant 700K, and leave it overnight, it should make the synthesis strong enough to keep integrity at vortexing of up to 8.95°. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

An accountant, a physicist, and a bioengineer each get pulled over by a cop at some point in the day. The accountant gets out of it by saying he will do the cop's taxes for free, along with saving him money. The physicist gets out of it by telling the officer how its impossible he was speeding according to the laws of physics and why the officer is mistaken. The bioengineer gets out of it, by getting on his knees and sucking the cops cock.

Depending on your exact set up you could still make this work by normalizing the signal. This feels like a badly done butthurt Veeky Forums troll after that thread the other month tho.

Try something other than vortex. I'm sure you could column it.

ayy lmao

Columns are slow af, this is high throughput shit.

A chemist, a biologist and an engineer are stuck on a remote island. The chemist gathers as many materials that he can to concoct chemicals that can be used for signalling for help and other practical purposes. The biologist begins cataloging biodiversity on the island, whats okay to eat and what has healing properties. The engineer just sucks cock.

yeah columns are really slow; dialysis is really slow too...

Centrifuging is the best but beads always clump and its a huge problem. I can't separate the clumps by pipetting fml

Maybe I should just use magnetic beads? has anyone had experience with that? Will they just pool together under a field and be separate or will they clump too once they make contact?

That seems more like an Overall Chromatograpy problem.
Have you considered a hplc?

Try lowering the temperature

I have never used magnetic beads but they seem to be used all the time in this sort of thing.

I was going to take a class in this sort of shit over the summer but hey ho I have a health issue so dunno bro.

how many scoops are you using currently?

Also something is niggling me at the back of my mind about the clumping. I used to know a fair bit on water engineering prior to biology so I'm not sure why it seems a familiar problem, but I'll post again if I remember anything decent.

i can count to potato

Something, something, PROTEIN, something, STRONGER... something something FORCE... something, something, complete shit.
I know a few of these words... try squats.

try using an Elisa plate its much easier for stuff like this

Fucking Mexican always steeling shit

>biology
>hard science

muh protein vortex has spiraled out of comtrol

wet science stamp collector

assuming the magnetism of the beads is important, could you use more magnetic beads? Or put your centrifuge/vortex/whatever into a strong magnetic field?

what did you call me

As for magnetic beads, that will depend on their size and coating. Nanoparticles just above the single domain size will pull to a magnet but so long as they're properly coated (with something like PEG) they should redipserse after. They have to be fairly small though (>200nm) otherwise the magnetism is too strong and they'll stay clumped even with a soluble coating.

I'm not sure if this exactly applies to what you're doing but magnetic nanoparticles are often used for their adsorption capabilities and ease of retrieval.

meant