Cutting routine/summer bods thread

Hey boys, just wanted to get an opinion on something. Im going to be switching to a low or no carb diet soon and doing more cardio so i can finally be ripped for the summer.

Ive been bulking and training more so for strength for a loooong time, so for those with more experience in cutting, i was wondering what you think of some of these plans i had:

- doing most of my cardio with stairs because it keeps my heartrate at the ideal level for fat loss
- doing several body weight excersizes in between lift days (monday wednesday and friday) as kind of mini routines to keep me lean (as well as the cardio on those days)
-doing cardio 5 days a week at least for at least 20 minutes a time (again, most on stairs)
-cutting all wheat out of my diet completely, trying not to eat other carbs, eating 500 calories below maintenance.
-drinking lots of water

Thats pretty much the idea for what ill be doing, so any feedbaxk is really appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5E4jqs_Tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

How low carb are you talking?
If it is keto low, like around 10-15g daily, then expect your lifts to suffer initially. Expect it to be more difficult to move the same amount of weight as before, and expect that the vigor and intensity of your workouts overall to be a little less. If you can make it through that without giving up, then yeah. you will get shredded as fk

Well i was gonna try for as little as possible. Eliminating things like bread, wraps, protein bars and switching whey protein with isolate will help majourly, but i havent really looked into how many carbs ill be eating with a diet consisting mostly of assorted meats and veggies on monday, wednesday and friday, fish on tuesday and thursday, and whatever i want as long as it doesnt have high carb stuff on the weekends. I eat fruit, spinach and yogurt proteib smoothies pretty regularly as well.

But yea i did expect that. Im hoping the pre workout i have will help illeviate some of the demotivation

Drink like 4 cups of quality black coffee like an hour before your workout

>leave humanity behind

Speaking of that, if anyone knows much about preworkout and coffee i was wondering about possible pros and cons...

I love preworkout, the way it tastes and it just gives me a motivation that i have a hard time maintaining with coffee. Only real issue seems to be the price difference. Does anyone know any different?

Bump

dont go no carb you retard. do your fucking research before you do stupid shit like that, Enjoy your early death!

Pre-Workouts contain tons of useless garbage that will do nothing else than harm your health.

eat a high carb fruit and take a caffeine pill as preworkout, it works better.

I need opinions, Veeky Forums. Lanklet for a long time 6'3" (entire life, pic related). Decided to try bulking and building muscle with calisthenics.

How am I doing? How do I get rid of my lower belly pudge and strengthen my lower core?

Mind elaborating, knowledge-friend. Im not exactly eliminating all carbs, just eliminating all high carb foods. I dont see whats wrong with that

try posting in more Veeky Forums threads, you should start seeing results around the time you start telling people in real life you're thinking about starting to work out

Jeez, its just that ive heard that so often and its such a different feeling. I triee caffeine pills for a couple months and all they did was make me a tingly, anxious aspy. With preworkout i feel so much more focused and motivated. I know dedicated lifterw often bash on this but its a part of of my lifting days that i look forward to a lot. Is it that bad in comparison? My favourite used to be ritual, but they changed their formula so now im trying their new brand rave

there is nothing wrong with going low carb, There are a lot of studies that says low carb is the healthiest way to eat. No carb on the other hand, Expect headaches, not being able going to sleep, Terrible sleep quality, feeling dizzy, feeling out of energy.

Ha ha, you post a pic nig nog. You see no improvement? Im trying to do this without buying a gym membership. I wouldn't know what I was doing even if I had one.

Its the carbs and caffeine that gives you the energy from the preworkouts. You took too much caffiene my man.

How many carbs is low carb, in terms of g per day

that entirely depends on your height to weight ration. You can look around on the internet on the minimum amount of carbs you should eat.

Any recommendation on some cardio program? Like varying things? HIIT is good for fat loss also.

Ok so I've started cutting almost 2 weeks ago and I have not seen any change in weight whatsoever.

I'm 5'11 175 pounds and I've been eating around 1600-1750 calories a day (just chicken and rice, which I weigh). I've been doing GSLP 3 days a week with extra accessories.

My weight continues to fluctuate between 174-176 everday with no noticeable downward trend. Is this normal early on? I know that reducing the amount I eat would obviously help but I feel like Im already eating a low amount of food and I dont want to lower it down even more. Plus when I lost 60 lbs a year ago, the weight loss was obvious day to day, although it was 2lbs a week vs. The 1 lbs a week Im aiming for currently so Im not sure if thats why.

Should I just hop on the cardio meme?

I didn't have to do cardio until I hit about 15%. From then on I had to do my daily workout (PPL) plus a 20-30 minute cardio session plus cut down my calories even more to get any sort of ab definition.

Prepare to suffer. Focus on the diet. Separate cardio from your workout. Prefereably do so in the am so you can replenish glycogen stores beforehand. Realize your muscles will shrink in and knock the weight 10 or 20 pounds. Getting shredded hurts. Make sure and go out to a pool so you can condition your brain with rewards of female oggling. 6pax are meaningless without validation. When its finally over you will not regret it.

Keto worked for me. I was training for a half-marathon so I went hard on cardio. For one month I ate Keto + Zero Alcohol (huge difference) + Training 5 days a week. I definitely lost fat and still managed to keep muscles with extra bodyweight exercises (like all families and friends noticing after just a few weeks, initial water loss helps).

I've recently been doing low carb (not Keto level but still basically avoiding bread/pasta/etc...) and going to the gym + cardio. I was still drinking just like any student does and the fat loss was nowhere near the first time.

Big results come with big measures! Sounds like an asshole motivation motto but seriously that's true and I was quite disappointed by my second results.

Well I'm definitely not at 15% bf, I'm probably more around 20-25%. I have the love handles of an obese hooker.

If cardio is what it takes to get rid of them, then I guess I have to suffer

I'm definitely hopping on keto if my weight doesnt begin to drop. I didn't start off with it since I thought I could get the same results with a regular diet and keto is a bit of a hassle when you transition into ketosis (so I've heard).

I'm definitely going to hate cardio though. I can only jog for like 10 mins at a regular non-subhuman pace.

I know HIIT is good and do that every now and then. No suggestions for a program, but stairs are very good for fat loss because they keep your heartrate between 140-160

Only problem i have with seperating cardio from the workout is that the gym i go to is in town, which is a 15 minute inconvenient drive from where ill be. Is it that big a deal

Bump

lose fat and do stomach vacuums

cardio, bruh. it's amazing. i do an hour on wednesday and friday thru monday, which burns 600-900 calories each time (depending on what calories burned calculator i use). start with 15 min sessions until you're doing it every day, then increase time

Lads, I've been cutting on a supposed 400 kcal deficit for three weeks. The scale didnt show much improvement (half a kg max) and my lifts keep on going up.

Scoobies calculator said my TDEE is 2800 (i'm 80kg and 175cm). I only wanna lose about 2-3kg. Could it be that 2400 is maintenance for me? Should i go to 2200 or lower? I don't wanna lose the bit of muscle i gained in the past 6 months. I'm doing hiit and working out 4x a week. I have 2 months to drop the weight.

Could creatine water retention be 'masking' my progress?

Stats: 100kg bp for reps, 90kg bent over row, 115 kg squat and 120kg deadlift. (I've only been squatting since mid february and deadlifting for 3 weeks. I know.).

Pic related, no pump but flexed core. Should i even bother cutting?

>Could creatine water retention be 'masking' my progress?

It could, but unless you started taking creatine at the start of your cut, it's not likely. Bloated weight on creatine evens out when you're taking it consistently and eating/drinking more or less consistently on it.

What are you going to cut down to with that body?

Any tips for eating keto? Just getting into it myself and want to be ready for cravings and shit.

Well i never was any heavier than 77kg until now. And that was with more muscle.

My shoulder was operated causing me to stop lifting for nearly a year. I'm 80kg, at 175 cm. Bmi of 26. My brother is the same weight at 188cm. I guess i could stand to lose some weight? Or are you saying i don't need to cut?

I don't wanna bulk during summer, that's what winter is for. Plus i won't be able to improve my lifts much more for a while due to my shoulder still being shitty.

Any advice on my caloric intake? I just feel 2400 might be a little high.

Knowing what to eat and not to eat is quite easy. You'll probably have little pleasures you'll have to give up on. For me, it was the baguette on sunday lunches with some good cheese. It became only cheese, my life went a little worse that day. You should see this as an opportunity to improve your cooking skills! Try new stuff, experiment. Chicks are impressed by a guy who can cook and it seriously upgraded my daily life.

It will be tough, for me the hardest part was to integrate Keto in social events. Basically you go out with friends at a restaurant and even if you're at a burger place you have to find a keto-friendly dish. You go out to a bar and you can't have beers or wine (one glass is fine, but hell if you can only have one glass why even drink?). I had decided to go on a keto + non-alcohol diet so for me it didn't make any difference. Night clubs while sober are a different thing though hahaha! The first time I broke my keto diet was when I was invited to eat at an uncle's place and he had made risotto (rice = full carbs).

The cravings were not terrible, at least for me, but you'll here plenty other people saying they had the worst time of their life. It is worth noting that I had already reduced my food quantity in the previous months, lazily counting calories and avoiding snacks.

Last thing for the gains. Fun story : I play rugby, and of course my teammates knew about my diet (when you're at a burger place and take a salad with water to drink you can't expect not to be asked some serious life choice questions). Well it happened that after two weeks of keto, even if I was living the healthiest life I could, well I was playing like a shit. After two weeks the captain told me half-jokingly "you better eat some pasta before next game!" I don't know that form decrease was purely keto-based, but surely I didn't feel as strong as usual.

Let me know if you have other questions!

if you're not losing weight, it's too high. drop calories until you're losing weight

Don't go low or no carb unless you would like to severely reduce your performance in the gym
youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5E4jqs_Tc

create a calorie deficit, 500-1000 cal, continue lifting as you are, do not add tons of cardio, your recovery will already be impacted on a cut and adding lots of cardio will further cut into this

don't change your training at all, really, at least not preemptively

if you really start sucking dick towards the end of the cut maybe you can cut some volume out, but don't subtract or add anything to your training ahead of time

look up n-suns tdee spreadsheet and use it, it's very convenient