Does anyone else regret not exercising enough as a 13-17 year old?

Does anyone else regret not exercising enough as a 13-17 year old?

I can't help but think what could have been -- taller, thicker wrists, better developed face, broader shoulders, etc. -- had I only been more active in those developmental years.

I honestly believe I'd have a god-tier body right now if I had played less vidya and gone outside...oh and slept more.

Or is it all just genetics?

No, you're the only one on earth who wishes they started earlier

I wish I had never discovered Wow. It had complete control over me and my poor parents had no idea how to deal with it.

>wrist
Genetics
>taller
Genetics

The other things are reasonable I think.

Are you me?

my parents were also spineless and let me do whatever I wanted

When most people say that they mean lifting, to get a head start on muscle.

I'm talking about general exercise and the link to bone growth.

Isn't wrist size linked to testosterone? So being more active around puberty should make them bigger

Absolutely

I doubt you'd be taller, I pretty much fucked around in high school and got high. Played ball in grade 9 and then didn't do any sports whatsoever for the rest of it and came out 6'3. However I woulda been more assertive, strong and masculine and I really regret missing out on that. I only became a stronger person when I started lifting first year Uni

You'd still be a manlet whether or not you exercised though senpai

I started at 14 and it really didn't make a difference. It's just a hobby.

I was an OBESE kid most my life, stayed inside and played video games all day. I am 6'4, broad shoulders and only got Veeky Forums at the age of like 23

Running around as a kid isn't going to change you from some manlet to a chad.

I'm not even a manlet though, I'm 6'2. I just can't help but tell myself "you'd be 6'4 if you had better habits a few years ago!"

I know it's stupid to expect a 13 year old to be thinking of future consequences like that, though. Probably more of a parenting failure.

From what I know, testosterone is genetic.

It's okay cowboy, you know better for your own children

I miss playing with shitty plastic like that

Can't wait to watch my chad sons get more pussy in a week than I do in a year :')

>wrist size linked to testosterone
lmao where did you get that from

Im and what he said makes some sense to an extent, I suppose.

low test numales always have thin wrists

I exercised and ate very well for my entire teens and I ended up handsome and pretty masculine but barely 5'10. I'm vascular and can become aesthetic very quickly, but that's it. I have a really good ability to >just do it and get shit done from the discipline of working out when I was young and that's probably the biggest thing I gained.

None of those things you mention are affected by exercise and eating well. I will say I am taller than my other siblings but only by 2" maybe, still shorter than my dad(6'1) thanks to him fucking a 5'0 retarded lady.

>tfw no BIG wrists

higher test during puberty definitely is related to shoulder/jaw/etc size

you're probably right about height though. mayyyybe sleep affects it since that's when growth hormone is released, but I doubt it's much.

That's because they don't lift

wrists are just bone and tendon

Wrists grow with the rest of your arms

I wish I didn't because I got into competitive long distance running and it burnt me out.

been active as a kid and played lots of sports. i'm still 5'7 with under 6' wrists

that's what you get for being a cross country nerd

As someone who did, you do not get taller. Shitty 5' 6" manlet genes. Huge shoulders and defined face though, but that might be genes as well

I was the fat kid in high school, and now I'm in way better shape than a lot of my classmates over a decade later.

So it doesn't really matter.

And those children won't listen, just like you.

Fuck. can we get a parenting discussion on? How do you instill good values on your kids Veeky Forums?

>tfw lost 50 lbs and started lifting sophmore year of highschool

so glad I started young.
I was also 6'3 throughout highschool, so when i got Veeky Forums bitches were all over me

Regret isn't the word. Curious about how my life would be different, definitely. 13-17 was a hugely fucked up time in my life, where things happened and I made many decisions that affect me to this day.

I went from 85 pounds and 4' 6" or so freshman year to 195 and 6' at the end of senior year.

If I was able to build the fit habit then, it would be very different now.

It isn't all genetics. The steady nurture and whatever your environment was would have helped to take more advantage of your genetic potential.

It wasn't just cross country either. Track and field and marathon running as well. Should have just done swimming. At least I would have learned something and not abused my body like with running.

It's heavily controlled by genetics, but lifestyle choices exert a large affect on t levels as well.

I can't regret what fucked me up. Shitty absent parents, little food in the house, gave it to my little brothers. Grew up extremely malnourished. I will never know my full potential.

>4'6 freshman year

Holy shit how bullied were you

I regret not being rich enough to get on dat dere HGH and becoming a shit ton taller. I'm only barely scratching 6'0 on a good day. Could've been something like 6'4 at least if I jumped on it, but I didn't have 4 figures to be dropping a month on it, never mind 3.

You just never know what could have happened. I've heard some bad stories of livers being fucked up from HGH, nose and ears being enlarged making your face ugly, etc.

I wish I slept more as a kid, I would stay up super late with books, video games, Lego, etc, and since I'd be 5'11" if I had a 30 inch inseam, and my brother is 6'2", I think it affected my growth.

I wish I'd been more social and more active as well.

Height is almost entirely genetic, provided you have an at least decent diet

Don't beat yourself up over things that were predetermined by birth.