Ill and Un/fit/

ITT: Post here if you've actually got something working against you that would affect your cut/gain. Endocrine illnesses, chromosome fuck ups, and the like. Talk about what symptoms you have if you've been diagnosed with anything that would fall into this category, if you've seen a doctor and been given a plan, what medicine you're on, how your experience has been, and what's been the biggest hurdle getting to where you want to be.

If you're not sure if you have a condition working against you, check out some of these symptoms and if they correspond to what you're experiencing then call your doctor. Don't venture into Google, and don't self-diagnose. Let a professional help you.

You can also post temporary issues, like sickness, infection, or broken limbs/parts that hindered you. Did you find a way to work around it, or did you have to wait until you healed to get back to working out? How long did it take you to recover?

This is not a thread to complain about how unfortunate you are. Showing support is encouraged, but this is not a circle jerk thread.

What qualifies something working against you?

>I live so far away from the gym.
Not an excuse.

>I have social anxiety and can't go out to exercise because of it.
Not an excuse, even for an agrophobe. I feel for you, but you can do shit in your house. You should also talk to a doctor over the phone, at least.

>My metabolism is just low.
Not an excuse.

>I'm depressed and can't go outside.
If you're that depressed where you can't leave your bed to get up and function, you need to talk to a doctor. I'm not judging you, I've been there before and it's terrible. I feel like 99% of Veeky Forums is depressed, so post here. Let others hear what you've been through and/or what you've done about your condition.

>I have a doctor-diagnosed condition that has altered my form and is making it difficult, but not impossible, to get the body I want to have.
This is the proper explanation.

I have asthma and adhd
It's hard to both bulk AND cut

>squats
>deadliffts
>inguinal hernia

fuck it, gonna strap it down and make it

Cystic fibrosis
Crohn's disease

what are the chances this kills me before i am able to leave humanity behind?

I have a pituitary tumor that makes me pass out randomly with no warning. Hard vertigo and whatnot. I swim a lot, so that I can just kind of chill back and rest in the cool water until my spaghetti is done spilling. Helps a lot.

>Cystic fibrosis

That sucks on its own, man. Can you be treated for that with medicine or therapy?

Is your name sophia

Hypo here.

I won't talk much about the other things in this graphic, only that I can tell you this was pretty much me sans the eyebrows and heart rate... My heart rate and blood pressure have always been really good. But what sucks is that thyroid conditions tend to lower your immune system.

I've had walking pneumonia twice, with the first instance almost putting me in the hospital. Doctor put me on steroids, antibiotics, and an inhaler with antibiotic. Also z-pack.

If you've got either of these diseases, I think it's a good idea to get lots of vitamin C. I'm not a doctor, but I do experience it. If you have the same shitty immune that I do, I'd recommend doing a lot of exercise solo or out in nature instead of a gym. If you're dumb about it, you're going to be laid up for at least a week.

I'm on Synthroid 100. It took a year for them to figure out the proper dosage (and acclimate my body to it with smaller increases over that time), but I feel good. I've had severe depression for a long, long time, even suicidal, and apart from a random day of feeling like trash here and there I actually feel great. Going to look for a job tonight and it feels good.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between male and female pubic hair patterns?

Speaking as high-test fem, when it covers the entire groin and stops before your rear end.

If you're super hairy all over, that might be normal. Kleinfelter is typically no hair on men except for the bush. And it is a bush.

Not 100% sure about that, though, but it makes sense.

I've been on several medications all my life (was diagnosed with the CF at 6 months). I do 1-1.5 hours of breathing treatments a day, and take a number of specialty meds throughout the day, and when I'm very sick I have to go on IV antibiotics for 2-3 weeks at a time. Medicines are getting better at treating symptoms, but they can't reverse damage that's done to the lungs due to frequent bouts of pneumonia. Within a decade, I'm probably going to need a double lung transplant because of the built up damage. but transplantation patients typically survive 5 or so years on average.

It's not all horrible because had I been born 2 decades earlier, I might not have made it to my teens so there have been great strides in the medical industry for it.

jfc that sucks. Thank you for sharing, hope all goes well for you.

i dont want to

We're all gonna make it, brah

I've got chronic kidney disease as the result of posterior urethral valves which prevented me from fully voiding my bladder for the first 8 months of my life. My kidneys are damaged, but luckily not badly, so my condition is more similar to having been born with a single kidney.
Effectually this means I have to watch my diet fairly carefully, things like potassium, calcium, sodium, and phosphorous I monitor very closely.
Probably most importantly regarding gains however is I need to watch my protein intake. As someone looking to put on muscle, too little and I don't make any gains, but too much and I'm fucking my shit up. Doesn't help that the real numbers for recommended protein intake for strength athletes are completely muddled by the supplement industry (1g/lb is a meme, you can likely get as little as .6g/lb be totally optimal and even that number may be slightly inflated).
It also means gear is out of the question for me, since my kidneys could in no way handle the dietary adjustments I'd need to make for it to be worthwhile, but oh well.

So, this might sound like a dumb question, but is a supplement more damaging to you than, say, the protein in a cut of meat? I would imagine so, but I don't know if it makes a difference.

>rapid heart rate
>slow pulse rate

is there a difference between heart rate and pulse rate?

I am not a doctor, so don't rely on this, but I -think- pulse rate is the double beat and heart beat is only a single beat. Like the pulse rate is the entire contraction?

...I dunno if that makes sense, again, not a doctor.

I fractured my shoulder so i can't lift my arm to shoulder height or move my arm more than 15 degrees from the front.
>every day is leg day until physical therapy gets my range of motion back

I tore a tendon in my right knee that never healed properly, so I can't bend down to do squats or anything like that.

Someone said the leg press was a good way to tone glutes if you couldn't do squats, want to confirm if that's true or not because I can do those fine with a brace.

When do you get off PT?

>Bad blood pressure issues, pass out on my walk home.
> bananas/ food helps but sometimes it just happens after a heavy lift sesh and food won't help
> got so bad once that I had trouble breathing, couldn't think, couldn't talk, couldn't hold myself upright
>bf usually been there, worried because he's gone for a week and doc reckons its just vasovagal Syncope