SHOE THREAD

At what point should I invest in a proper lifting shoe? I can do 1/2/3/4 comfortably in these but I wonder if a better shoe would allow me to squat better. Also what shoes do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0yde15WOVH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nubilance

bump

Just here to let you know that wearing those with sport shorts makes you look like a fucking rapist

Holy shit, that's literally what I wear with high socks (to avoid scraping my shins).

Fuck you garrett ur a fag

Barefoot is best. If you cant, get some New Balance Minimus shoes if you have the budget. Nike Flex trainers if you don't.

You might find Minimus online for $50, otherwise they go for about $80. $40 for the Nike's at Academy.

you clearly don't know what you're talking about so stop posting right now

how hard is it to google weightlifting shoes ??

If he did that he would get a bunch of results for heeled olympic weightlifting shoes, which is shit for anything that isn't squats or the Olympic lifts

Heeled shoes are also good for integrating leg drive in bench press.
I also find them very comfortable for stability in OHP.

WL shoes won't make you a better lifter. Consider that converse shoes are still used frequently by competitive powerlifters, so if you're comfortable in them and making progress, stick with what works.
If you feel insistent on getting weightlifting shoes, decide your level of involvement in lifting. I'd say if you intend to make it a long term thing, don't cheap out and get yourself a pair of mid-high tier shoes. Take care of your stuff so you don't have to buy them twice

Adidas sambas

nice highschooler shoes faggot

my runners and my trainers.

Good shoes for cardio?

>ITT we pretend we know what we're talking about

>tfw doing almost everything barefoot
what's the problem with that? why do you need fancy special shoes for lifting? they will not lift for you...

Got the ones Veeky Forums loves

are you a she?

I'm at 2/3/3.5/5 (lul squatlet) and I still wear some old ass flat vans because they served me well. Heeled WL shoes will make a difference, but they are not the holy grail, as long as you have no issues and injuries you should do what's comfy and acceptable for your budget.

That aside, if you do any amounts of considerable cardio/conditioning, invest in some good shoes for that. I almost fucked my legs horribly by trying to yolo in some cheap walmart-tier runners I had. Big mistake.

"no"

>T R I G G E R E D

Should get some RAF Simmons

youtube.com/watch?v=0yde15WOVH0

I have the adidas powerlift 3s for squatting.
Makes it so much more comfortable.

I got them during Black friday sales for £45. Worth it if you can get them on sale.
I use them for squats and bench (the heel helps me plant my feet better for some reason)

I deadlift in socks tho.

How

I literally had to watch this twice because I spent the first time through keking at his beard and paid no attention to what he said.

yeah he is one ugly fucker, but his videos are informative

vans seems too soft compared to converse

there's a large population of Veeky Forums that hates antisocial club and it's pretty obvious why

nah they're pretty sturdy. had to change insole for unrelated reasons and got a slightly harder one while at it, I'll admit that improved it, but they weren't too bad before.